PDA

View Full Version : my dilemma

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I was hanging out with my friend who has been giving me her hand-me-downs, and I mentioned that I especially liked the dress she gave me because I could wear it under my guy clothes. she asked if I was wearing it at the moment, and I lifted my shirt to reveal that, yes, I was. she said she's not sure if she approves of me being closeted about it. well that's just going to have to be the case for now, sorry. anyway, talking later that evening I asked if she was curious to see (I had even brought along my lipstick and a couple wardrobe accessories). after all, she had offered me these clothes, even insisting a little, so it's not a stretch to think she might want to see me model them, right? at that she told me only if my legs were shaved, as well as... my sideburns! apparently she wants to see me in the clothes, but not if I'm going to do it "half assed".

so here's the dilemma: she's the only person I know that I would feel comfortable sharing this side of myself with, and I'd really like to share this with someone that I trust and feel at ease with. she's the only person that knows. and she can help me with my makeup. but... I don't want to shave my legs at the start of summer when I will be wanting to wear shorts everywhere. and I like my sideburns. I don't want to sacrifice guy stuff I enjoy just to enjoy part time girl stuff. and then there's the username...

so what do I do?

I dunno, maybe I could wear long pants for a month...

Emily Ann Brown
06-12-2007, 02:25 PM
HECK HUN......

SHAVE THE LEGS AND SIDEBURNS !

Emily Ann

sandra-leigh
06-12-2007, 02:33 PM
at that she told me only if my legs were shaved, as well as... my sideburns! apparently she wants to see me in the clothes, but not if I'm going to do it "half assed".

I can empathize with what she's saying. It wouldn't be the right path for me, as I seem to be developing into TG (that is, incorporating femme clothes and related into my public guy personna). I think, though, that for some people, it'd be the right approach, to plunge in and try hard to be "feminine" -- sort of like language immersion classes. (I went to a foreign language class for a few hours every week for most of two years, and had barely started to be able to think in it after that time, and the skills quickly started deteriorating; immersion would have been more thorough and lasting.)

Anyhow, have you checked out the active "shaving legs" thread? Most people there are saying "hardly anyone notices"; the few hold-outs are saying, "It's not that people barely notice; it's that people don't care."

Sorry, I don't have any advice in the sideburns issue.

SherriePall
06-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Don't worry about your username. We won't tell anyone.

bobi jean
06-12-2007, 02:42 PM
As I see it, you are wearing a dress under you male clothing Items right?
Honey you are one of us CDers, you seem to enjoy it a lot and I'm guessing you arent very old YET. You will one day(sooner than you may think) want to shave your legs and other parts of your body as well, so
JUST DO IT!!!!!!
You will enjoy the feeling you get after having done it and then you will continue to enjoy your new freedom for the rest of your life

Marla S
06-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Shaving the legs shouldn't be a problem. It's really not an issue.
If you feel uncomfortable, wear long pants.
People in the deserts do it all the time ... it's more healthy, and they don't get a heat stroke because of it.

I don't want to sacrifice guy stuff I enjoy just to enjoy part time girl stuff.
You don't have to sacrifice your guy stuff. Sacrifice is not the meaning of CD.
Maybe try to develop an androgynous style and you can have both.
It's a bit more tricky ... maybe one has to get used to the look (if you have a GG that helps you, it could become something special) ... but hey ... feeling comfortable with yourself is the only thing that counts. There are more options than straight man or straight woman.

celeste26
06-12-2007, 02:45 PM
As those before me, no one will notice. In fact if you force then to notice they will not care. Hair is not a big issue for anyone except yourself nowadays.

So it is really up to you if you want to follow through with the shaving or not. I have no hair on my legs at all and I spend most of everyday in shorts.

Get over this issue since it really isn't an issue at all.

Teresa Amina
06-12-2007, 02:52 PM
It'll grow back afterwards, just do it!

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 03:10 PM
while I'm disappointed to see no takers for the yak-graft idea, so far you're overwhelmingly in favor of the scorched earth. perhaps I'll have to bite the bullet and do that. although I do like the idea of making her beg, and I think the sideburns still kinda work with my femme look.

I'll wait for more poll respondents before making my final decision.

and if I shave my legs and am too timid to wear shorts the rest of the summer, let my pale, untanned legs be forever on your heads!

Lovely Rita
06-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I was hanging out with my friend who has been giving me her hand-me-downs, and I mentioned that I especially liked the dress she gave me because I could wear it under my guy clothes. she asked if I was wearing it at the moment, and I lifted my shirt to reveal that, yes, I was. she said she's not sure if she approves of me being closeted about it. well that's just going to have to be the case for now, sorry. anyway, talking later that evening I asked if she was curious to see (I had even brought along my lipstick and a couple wardrobe accessories). after all, she had offered me these clothes, even insisting a little, so it's not a stretch to think she might want to see me model them, right? at that she told me only if my legs were shaved, as well as... my sideburns! apparently she wants to see me in the clothes, but not if I'm going to do it "half assed".

so here's the dilemma: she's the only person I know that I would feel comfortable sharing this side of myself with, and I'd really like to share this with someone that I trust and feel at ease with. she's the only person that knows. and she can help me with my makeup. but... I don't want to shave my legs at the start of summer when I will be wanting to wear shorts everywhere. and I like my sideburns. I don't want to sacrifice guy stuff I enjoy just to enjoy part time girl stuff. and then there's the username...

so what do I do?

I dunno, maybe I could wear long pants for a month...

My SO encourages me shave my legs even in the summer and says that today with all the metrosexuals and guys going hairless it is not what it used to be.
I understand your dillemma and I believe because we are CDs we may even be a little more self conscious about such things.

my two cents

Chantelle CD
06-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I think you should do what you feel comfy with, if you like the male side, ie: sideburns and leg hair..Dont feel like you have to shave it if you dont want to, if you like it leave it, until at some point in your life you want to change these things, Whats right for you, isn't right for everyone, Take your time, enjoy as you feel. Her views are right for her, but she isn't living your life is she? Going half way in her eyes, is total bliss in yours, so i say go at your pace and enjoy every moment of it :)

Chantelle

Connie 2211
06-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Go ahead and shave your legs, believe me no one will notice or care. I shaved my legs for years and then had the hair removed with a laser. Now it's no hair ever. I play golf, go to dinner spend most of the time in the warm months in shorts, and no one ever looks or says anything. I have even seen a number of other men with shaved legs out with their wives and. It's getting to be very common.

Just do it you will love the feeling

Connie

MJ
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
like everybody else here just do it .. post pictures :D

Kelly Greene
06-12-2007, 04:14 PM
I have been sahving my legs and chest for a couple of years now and I havent had any one hint that they have noticed in any way shape or form.

JulieC
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Hair grows back.

You know, years from now you might be looking at this opportunity and think to yourself, "What an idiot I was! Golden opportunity and I absolutely BLEW IT!"

If you don't like it, it grows back. Really. Honestly. Truly. :)

I know some people are very attached to this, that, or the other hair style but to me it's like...ok, so it looks not how you'd like for a while. So what? It's not a tattoo...it'll grow back on it's own and not have to be surgically removed. Take the plunge :)

chucks
06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
i like my facial hair too, but have been thinking of shaving it to see how femme my face is without. lol. maybe some day i'll get tired of all the hair. won't be today.

Sharon
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Do what you want to do! If you don't want to lose those male characteristics that you enjoy, there's no rule that says you have to. Be honest with yourself and your friend, and if she refuses to give you any more clothing, then..., well, that's the way it goes.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 06:03 PM
okay girls, I did it.

well sorta... you see, it took me two fresh mach 3 razors and more than an hour in the shower just to get ol' lefty shaved reasonably clean (well, that and my, um, "bikini area"). I had to quit cause I ran out of water that wasn't ice cold, so I will have to get righty done tomorrow or this evening. if I didn't know better, I'd think this site, and the entire crossdressing community, was conspiring to play an overly elaborate practical joke on me. well kudos, ya got me good!

but on the plus side, I discovered that my gams -or gam as it were- is quite passable. pretty, even. the knee was some rough going, and I'll have to do some touch-ups here and there, but it looks like I'm committed to doing the other one now, whether I like it or not. and I don't think I nicked myself even once (something I can rarely say for my facial shaving adventures).

oh, and one other thing: I don't know how to put this delicately, so I'll just say it. I have butt hair. I'm at a loss as to how to shave that. anyone else similarly afflicted that has advice as to how one can shave such a hard to see area?

Sally24
06-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't know how long your sideburns are but try my method. Remember when you couldn't grow sideburns, you let the side hair grow long and had it come down to where the sideburns would have been. That's what I do now. When en femme, I push the "sideburns" up over and around my ears. It actually looks better than when I just shaved the sideburns off totally!

Most people don't notice the shaved legs. My son is the only person in the last year to say anything. I say go for it!

Toyah
06-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Sideburns should be banned any way and leg hair heck take up cycling

AllieSF
My :2c: worth. Shave the sideburns and trim the hair on your legs to about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Then bleach that hair with body bleach obtainable in the hair removal section at the drug store, or use a cheap blonde hair dye to do the same thing. I bought a cheap hair trimmer at TJ maxx for $13.00, trimmed and then dyed my arm and leg hair. You can still see some hair for those that know you have some hair and yet it does not show through nylons. A nice compromise which may prepare you for the complete removal by shaving or waxing. Good luck.

chucks
oh, and one other thing: I don't know how to put this delicately, so I'll just say it. I have butt hair. I'm at a loss as to how to shave that. anyone else similarly afflicted that has advice as to how one can shave such a hard to see area?

fire and lots of it.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
i like my facial hair too, but have been thinking of shaving it to see how femme my face is without. lol. maybe some day i'll get tired of all the hair. won't be today.

I think my face is femme enough, however I do have a bit of cleft chin which I've always hated. but everyone else seems to like it, so my policy has been to consider it my gift to the world.

Toyah
06-12-2007, 06:08 PM
fire and lots of it.
Curry and a match should work then

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Sideburns should be banned any way and leg hair heck take up cycling

my burns aren't elvis burns, my burns are hyde from "that 70's show" burns. they are inviting and frame the face. if anything, I think they actually help my face look more femme, if that makes any sense.

which it doesn't.

but I don't care.

cause I like em.

and as for the cycling excuse, I'm from portland. the cyclists round here are a bit more laid back than that. hell, the female cyclists don't even shave their legs!

the only cyclists around here that are so hung up of their faded dreams of olympic glory as to make such concessions to aerodynamics are the aging yuppie cyclists that hang out with phil knight on the weekends and bribe the city council to approve their development deals, and I wouldn't fit in with that crowd because I don't own a bmw with a bike rack on it so I can drive my bike to the places I ride it. keep this in mind: no matter how weird anyone here thinks they are, so-called "normal" people are weirder.

RobertaFermina
06-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Spend some time in front of the mirror making yourself pretty as you are.
Your Sideburns CAN be an asset.

I have seen a "girl" with a red beard, neatly trimmed (with the short billy-goat lick on the chin). Her colors were all in alignement, her eyes stood out (lovely green) and her femininity and masculinity were blended or "braided" together for a breathtaking effect.

With some consideration, practice, advice, and a little sideburn and hair "grooming" you could acheive your on gender-bending fem-guy look.

You don't have to ask her for permission or settle for her conditions, you can tell her "if you ever want to see me in the dress, this is how it is gonna be." Then wait until she can't stand it any more, and asks to see you anyway...if you are playful about it, make her beg !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

uknowhoo
06-12-2007, 06:53 PM
keep this in mind: no matter how weird anyone here thinks they are, so-called "normal" people are weirder.

now that would make an excellent signature! :D

i now return yuou to your thread, already in progress.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
now that would make an excellent signature! :D

i now return yuou to your thread, already in progress.
done!

Samantha B L
06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm not as experienced of a CD'r as some of the other girls. But I am just crazy about female looks and I'm not real fond of facial hair. I try to keep my legs trimmed off if I have to use a depilatory. Much as I can anyway. It leaves a slight pink burn. Facial hair is not a new,bold statement. It was introduced into the general variety of looks sported by young kids who would possibly buy Levis,etc. in the closing months of 1966 and was sprung on the general public real big when the Beatles opted for the "Victorian Cowboy" look for the picture sleeve of the Penny Lane/Strawberry Feilds 45 in Feb.1967. The "Victorian Cowboy" Look had actually been invented by a bay area band called the Charlatans about a whole year before that. I was a little kid with a transistor radio and fan magazines and I went around for a year or so thinking that it would be cool to have a fu manchu job or maybe bycicle handlebars. By like 1968 it slowly occured to me that the ladies would find that to be as attractive as a motel shot with Snuffy The Janitor. Actually,I am buying some cosmetology clippers at a nearby Shopko tomorrow. I use a number one clipper.I have problems with patchy/dry/oily skin but I try to keep the Yogi Bear fur trimmed back and shaved off as much as I can and unless there's some kind of reason like you've got family where you live and they are really gonna fry and throw you out then go ahead and shave your legs and sideburns and just be a CD. People probably won't find out and lotsa people wear long pants in summer. Most people don't get the whole summer off and they gotta wear 'em on their jobs. So nobody's gonna stare or be a nuisance if you're in Chinos in July or Levis in August because your legs are shaved. Sorry to be so long winded,Pretty. End of lecture.

Stephenie S
06-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Butt hair? Practice. You will get fairly good at it after a while. I do it mostly (well entirely) by feel. Since starting HRT I don't have to do it that often. I just wait until it gets grotty and then shave.

The first shave is the hardest. You clog up an ordinary razor pretty quickly. It's best to trim your hair pretty short before you try and shave. Regular razors are designed to shave beards, not long leg hair. After you get the long stuff trimmed down, shaving your legs is not that hard.

Lovies,
Stephenie

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 09:26 PM
satyr no more!

got the other leg done, as well as the feet and much of the butt. it's funny, I haven't seen the unobscured surface of my legs for more than fifteen years. I found scars I never knew I had! they feel a bit colder, but this is balanced out by the fact that I can't stop caressing them (note to self: never get boobs. no one will ever see you again). may post pics in the photo area later tonight if I can get the camera working.

Tvanessa
06-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Be true to yourself. I can say that I would love to shave my legs during the summer but I wear shorts all day. So personally I would not shave my legs because I spend so much of my time in short pants. The choice is yours. Choose wisely. Maybe you could wait until winter and then dress to show her how wonderful you look.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 09:35 PM
Be true to yourself. I can say that I would love to shave my legs during the summer but I wear shorts all day. So personally I would not shave my legs because I spend so much of my time in short pants. The choice is yours. Choose wisely. Maybe you could wait until winter and then dress to show her how wonderful you look.

too late, the deed is done.

pants feel strange now

Chiana
06-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Ahhhh. The first time to shave the legs. Fun, fun, fun. The feeling is delicious. Unfortunately, it no longer feels that way for me since I have been cleaned legged for quite a while now.

BTW what male things do you think you will no longer be able to do now with your freshly shave legs.

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Ahhhh. The first time to shave the legs. Fun, fun, fun. The feeling is delicious. Unfortunately, it no longer feels that way for me since I have been cleaned legged for quite a while now.

BTW what male things do you think you will no longer be able to do now with your freshly shave legs.

well, me and my buddies used to like to get together every so often to braid our leg hair...

but seriously, nothing really since most of my friends are women and I do not participate in any sporting activities other than long impromptu walks through the city (my record is 14 miles AFTER hauling a friends alcoholic boyfriend on my back through downtown portland to get him home so she could tuck him in to pass out) I don't have much to worry about on that front. it's just that I live in a rough part of town and have to ride the bus to most of the places that I go socially. I just don't wanna be hassled by neanderthals is the thing.

Chiana
06-12-2007, 10:26 PM
I never wear shorts, so no one gets to see my legs when I am in drab. But I have a good reason. And it is a real reason in my case. I have already had too much sun on my skin in my lifetime. A humans skin is just one big organ. And I have already had issues with my skin that could lead to serious health problems. Most of the issues have gone away since I started covering up with massive amounts of sun block and wearing clothing that covers a lot of my skin, including my shaved legs. But it is a convenient excuse when my fellow golfers ask why I never wear shorts.

Besides, I only wear skirts and dresses after dark anyway.

carnut62
06-12-2007, 10:26 PM
too late, the deed is done.

pants feel strange now

For me the strange feeling lasted about 4 days. Then each day after the next 2 shaves. I don't know about after that yet ;)

Tabitha

prettywithsideburns
06-12-2007, 11:42 PM
after my shaving experience I needed to refresh, so I waltzed over to the local convenience store (I know, I'm all self conscious about my hairless legs, but I don't mind waltzing places, right?) to pick up some vitamin water. I get to the register and the guy is dealing with a drunk customer making bizarre requests. this guy is kinda cool, cause the way he deals with the thankless job of convenience store clerking is holding his head high, putting on a fake smile and saying "tank you for shopping with us" to everyone so that everything he says kinda sounds like it's in a game-show host voice. he's a big guy, six foot something, heavyset and with a full beard. so after he's done with the crazy lady he starts ringing me up, and in his game-show host voice says "thank YOU for being normal!" I laugh, in my head I consider flashing some leg at him or telling him that I'm wearing panties, but instead I simply respond "I;m not that normal, you just don't know me that well." he still insists that I'm more normal than anyone he's dealt with today, and that may be, but it just made me consider more seriously telling him about my secret shaved legs. I shoulda done it cause he'd have probably gotten a well deserved laugh out of the exchange, but I chickened out.

on an unrelated note: I am seriously considering rubbing my nice smooth legs down with oil and dancing the twist, but that could get dangerous.

Amanda Shaft
06-13-2007, 01:37 AM
Good I’m glad you’ve done the shaving thing, now for the modelling! Just think what a hoot that’s going to be! Never look a gift horse in the mouth they say! I shaved my legs about 6 months ago, my SO didn’t even notice until I pointed it out.
Have fun Amanda x

Sheila
06-13-2007, 02:28 AM
I don't want to shave my legs at the start of summer when I will be wanting to wear shorts everywhere. and I like my sideburns. I don't want to sacrifice guy stuff I enjoy just to enjoy part time girl stuff.
so what do I do?

Why do anything at all if you are not comfortable doing it ........... ??????????

Maddie22
06-13-2007, 02:36 AM
If I was in your position, and one of my girlfriends (i have yet to get the nerve to tell any of mine, which I want to do and I have narrowed it down to just a few) wanted me to shave so they could see me in femme, i'd do it in a heart beat...as for the side burns, I read fairly recently that sideburns are fading out, so don't worry about that...and otherwise, how is Portland, I have a good friend of mine that wants to move out that way, she visited and said it was awesome, and I have always heard good things about that city.

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 02:42 AM
If I was in your position, and one of my girlfriends (i have yet to get the nerve to tell any of mine, which I want to do and I have narrowed it down to just a few) wanted me to shave so they could see me in femme, i'd do it in a heart beat...as for the side burns, I read fairly recently that sideburns are fading out, so don't worry about that...and otherwise, how is Portland, I have a good friend of mine that wants to move out that way, she visited and said it was awesome, and I have always heard good things about that city.

portland's nice. I've lived here all my life so I kinda take everything for granted, but it is my favorite city of any I've been to.

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 02:43 AM
Good I’m glad you’ve done the shaving thing, now for the modelling! Just think what a hoot that’s going to be! Never look a gift horse in the mouth they say! I shaved my legs about 6 months ago, my SO didn’t even notice until I pointed it out.
Have fun Amanda x

modeling here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60715)

phoenixgurl
06-13-2007, 03:16 AM
do what you feel comfortable with that the best advice i have been given

LindaTS
06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Loose the hair hon, all of it. That's the only way to go.

Karren H
06-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Well in the summer I have a simular situation where my wife requires me to pass as a male in male shorts for family outting and the likes.. So I oblige but once the hair gets to a certain length (about a months worth) I keep it cropped wiith the old mustache trimmer and a depth guide and bleache them light with blonde hair color!! Simple yet elegant solution.. The hair appears fuzzy enough in male mode yet dissapears under nylons...

As far as the side burns... Well I gave mine up long ago, and the mustache and the bushy male eye brows.. So either you want to be more fem, and try to pass in either world.. Or you just like to wear the cloths.. Your decision on that one..

And is it all worth it just to let her see you enfemme? I don't really feel the need to share my fem side with anyone so I don't understand that.. But then again I don't understand a lot of things.. Lol

Love Karren

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 02:43 PM
And is it all worth it just to let her see you enfemme? I don't really feel the need to share my fem side with anyone so I don't understand that.. But then again I don't understand a lot of things.. Lol

Love Karren

well it would be nice if I could be girly with someone else rather than all by my lonesome. and she's the only person I'd feel comfortable being femme around.

also, she can probably help me with makeup and such.

Karren H
06-13-2007, 02:50 PM
well it would be nice if I could be girly with someone else rather than all by my lonesome. and she's the only person I'd feel comfortable being femme around.

also, she can probably help me with makeup and such.

Well you could always do what I do.... Go hang out enffemme with a couple hundred strangers at the mall!! Or the casino!! They will take your money no matter how your dressed!! Hehe

Good luck!!

Karren

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
I hate malls and try to spend as little time in them as possible. they make me feel like cattle. I like shop-lined streets though, but it'll probably be awhile before I'm comfortable going out in public en femme.

Chrysoprase
06-13-2007, 03:36 PM
on an unrelated note: I am seriously considering rubbing my nice smooth legs down with oil and dancing the twist, but that could get dangerous.

Pure Vitimin E oil works very well :)

Karren H
06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
I hate malls and try to spend as little time in them as possible. they make me feel like cattle. I like shop-lined streets though, but it'll probably be awhile before I'm comfortable going out in public en femme.

Shop lined streets are cool.. Mater of fact anywhere enfemme is way better than in drab.. Trying on dresses at Macy's during a sale.... Pricless!! :D

Karren

Kelsy
06-13-2007, 06:18 PM
OMG what are you waiting for ---- shave it all!!!:D

Jennifer

Oddlee
06-13-2007, 07:47 PM
and as for the cycling excuse, I'm from portland. the cyclists round here are a bit more laid back than that. hell, the female cyclists don't even shave their legs!

the only cyclists around here that are so hung up of their faded dreams of olympic glory as to make such concessions to aerodynamics

And here I thought the reason cyclists shaved their legs is because road rash heals more cleanly and comfortably (and bandages can be removed less painfully) when legs are hairless...

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM
And here I thought the reason cyclists shaved their legs is because road rash heals more cleanly and comfortably (and bandages can be removed less painfully) when legs are hairless...

is that why the yuppie cyclists do it? learn something new everyday. but lemme get this straight: they go through the pain, discomfort, potential bloodloss, and rash inducing stubble just to minimize the pain, discomfort, bloodloss and rashes associated with cycling? doing it for girlish fun I get, but that other stuff is just confirming my belief that normals are just too wierd.

anyway, portland cyclists have more of a more punk rock, "mad max" outlook on cycling.

Oddlee
06-14-2007, 12:10 AM
No, actually, that and the massage thing mentioned by another member is why professional cyclists do it. I'm too old to be a yuppie cyclist anyway... Don't know many Portland cyclists - I was a Eugene cyclist for a couple decades, however, and rode with most of the fast guys there in the 70's and 80's.

Lee