PDA

View Full Version : i have a question

kimmigir1
06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
now i dont really post in this section or view it much at all but im branching out anyway i have a question for the f2m crossdressers do you get as much hassle and harrassment as us m2f cd's do? because i was thinking about it and i see girls wearing jeans and like shirts guys would wear and never get any flack about it, but when a guy dons a skirt all hell breaks lose, now is this the real case or what i mena is society more socialy accepting about girls wearing guy clothes because if i remember correctly (and i might be buit i hated history in school) but it was highly looked down in modern society (and some religions) for a woman to wear jeans it alwasy had to be a skirt, i just want your guys's opinion on this subject

thanx

Kim

Kieron Andrew
06-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi Kimmi,

You will find there arent many of us here that identify as a CD, but there are a few around, most of us here identify as TS, either full time or part time.....

Personally for me as i cant speak for the rest of the guys i never had much problems getting away with trousers at school and situations where the code of dress said it should be skirt/dress for a girl..........ive been lucky to get away with

mistunderstood
06-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Same for me to. I get away with all the time. Most of the time I pass as a guy.

John
06-12-2007, 04:16 PM
With the people that know me, I get a stronger reaction wering a skirt than wering trousers :heehee:

Cai
06-12-2007, 04:21 PM
No one really seems to care much, at least I've never had anything said to my face. And I like to think I pass from a distance. I have been openly stared at by people, who I think can tell something's not on, but can't quite tell what it is.

Well, and there was that one girl who called me a dyke.

bi_weird
06-12-2007, 06:09 PM
With me mostly it's a general enduring social stigma rather than harassment. I've never worn 'girly' clothes and have constantly faced flack from my mother and many of my friends about it. Mom's been cooler with the change to out and out guy clothes (she doesn't get the whole trans thing, thinks it's 'cause I'm bi and doing a lesbian thing but still) but many of my friends have been a lot worse. I get a lot of weird looks from some of them still, and I've been wearing guys clothes for a large portion of the last year. *laughs* And don't even get me started on the extended family...
So yes, less real harassment and more subtle pressures. Being young and a career person helps me get my extended family to at least accept my lack of femininity.

happyfish
06-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, I've never really had problems. I've gotten weird looks from bus drivers who have, say, seen me in girl mode (gag) and guy, but never outright harassment. The only time I've really been harassed about what I wore was when I wore fairy wings last weekend for pride, and that's because all the rednecks thought I was gay for some strange reason. :rolleyes:

Dasein9
06-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Once upon a time, it was believed that men were fully human and women were inverted, or imperfect men. (Versions of this lasted up to the Enlightenment. Heck, some versions survive today.) It's no accident that the word "man" usually also means "human" in most European languages. (I don't know any non-European ones.)

It is, therefore, more socially acceptable for biological females to wear men's clothes, at least sometimes, than for biological males to wear women's clothes. The females are just "striving to be more fully human," you see.

(Just why it was believed that full-grown men were the ideal is lost in mystery. It seems weird to me, since boys are feminised, old men are feminised, girls are feminised, and women are feminised. Essentially, the minority won in this case.)

RevMoonSerpent
06-12-2007, 08:43 PM
I've never had an outright confrontation with anyone but, I have received many a strange look and people have made rude comments that you can't help hearing in public.
My family and friends deal but, in any social situation outsiders usually project how uncomfortable they feel even without saying a word.
It isn't the best of situations but, then I live in a state where the people are generally more tolerant than other places and I'm not as worried about getting beat up over it.

ZenFrost
06-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I've dealt with A LOT of harrassment. On the very rare occations I dress as a girl, I have to put up with sexual harrassment and sexism a lot. When I dress as a guy, which is most of the time, I often have to deal with not only the sexual harrassment and sexism that comes with being genetically female, but even more trouble because I'm not wearing clothes appropriate to my sex. If I am passing it isn't such a big deal (like just walking down the street). But most of the time I'm in situations where people know that I'm not a GM (like in school) so they give me a lot of grief about it.

Most of the time I'm around people who know that I'm genetically female. So many of them give me grief because I'm a woman (like Das was saying, a lot of people think that women are less human than men), and then they give me even more trouble because I don't accept that I'm female and act like it.

I get a lot of stuff like "Women are supposed to wear skirts and dresses and makeup," "Women shouldn't dress as men," "Women should stay at home and cook and clean," "The only thing women are good for is taking care of children," "This is a man's world and there isn't room for you in it."

It's so hard when people just don't get it and give me grief because of it. So many people are disgusted by the fact that I have short hair and I just don't get why people are so superficial. So yeah, I do get harassed a lot because I'm FtM TG.

Ehhhh... sorry to rant. I hope I answered your question though.

kimmigir1
06-13-2007, 01:19 AM
so most of wht im getting is its the same on either side of the spectrum, no matter what theres gender stereotypes and if you dont fall into it then ... well ... your an "outcast" if you will, which i think is total bull i mean its just clothing! but hey it happens and until society catches up with everything then yeah all will be well, but i dont know when that will be