PDA

View Full Version : Would you change the day you celebrate your birthday?

Sandra
06-12-2007, 03:13 PM
This is for everyone to respond to

Ok this comes from a question that Jess SO asked about Nigella.

For those who have changed their name offically have you or would you want to change the day you celebrate your birthday ie the day your name was changed that becomes your birthday.....

.....and for those who haven't changed their name if you did would you celebrate on a different day?

Oh and no claim to having two birthdays, :rolleyes: Nigella has tried that and I didn't fall for it :D

Marla S
06-12-2007, 03:17 PM
As a post-op-TS, maybe I would change the birthday.

As the CD I am, no way.
I am doing hard in remembering dates anyway:D

Kieron Andrew
06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
nope im not gonna change my birthday, the way i see it, the day this body was born was the day Kieron was created!

JennMW
06-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Just the month/day or can I change the year also? :heehee:

MJ
06-12-2007, 03:36 PM
well mine is June 29 but i have way too many bad memory's for me it was this week my ex found out and and one week later we split so i don't like June when and if i ever get my srs done that will be the day until then i just don't celebrate it .. and family don't care so i don't either

Sandra
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
As a post-op-TS, maybe I would change the birthday.

As the CD I am, no way.
I am doing hard in remembering dates anyway:D

Hmmmm know the feeling perhaps age has something to do with it :D

nope im not gonna change my birthday, the way i see it, the day this body was born was the day Kieron was created!

Never thought of it like that hun

Just the month/day or can I change the year also? :heehee:

Change the year..... no sorry :heehee:

well mine is June 29 but i have way too many bad memory's for me it was this week my ex found out and and one week later we split so i don't like June when and if i ever get my srs done that will be the day until then i just don't celebrate it .. and family don't care so i don't either

Sorry it bringings bad memories for you MJ. :hugs:

Marlen
06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I celebrate my first birthday in December... it's too cold.... but my second birthday is in the 7 of June... two years ago I miraculously survived after an accident when I was riding my scooter (30 metres sliding on the road :eek:)... after that, I really think - it was my new birthday... so, good choice when to celebrate :)

Sharon
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I'll always celebrate the same birthday that I always have. The date I finally have my SRS(even more significant to me than the changing of my name) will be momentous, and I'm sure it will be even more meaningful to me than my actual birthday, but I will still have cake and ice cream on the same date I do now.

What happens if I change the date I celebrate? Do I start over again at one? :p

kerrianna
06-12-2007, 06:46 PM
I really like the date of my birthday, July 20 :D, so I wouldn't change it. But I would try for the double birthday thing. I think that's totally legit. :p

But July 20 is a good date - I love having a summer birthday. And, I don't know, something about JULY 20 just sounds good. JULY 20 also looks good to me on paper.

So I think I would keep it http://text.glitter-graphics.net/disco/j.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/disco/u.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/disco/l.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/disco/y.gifhttp://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/empty.gif (http://glitter-graphics.com) 20!!! :D

Cai
06-12-2007, 07:41 PM

:iagree:

I like my birthday, because (like my real name) it has a family story behind it. And I set a lot of store by my family's history.

danielle_from_cal
06-12-2007, 07:46 PM
I would not change it. I was born the way I am, just with no makeup and a few body parts for the wrong person.

Phoebe Reece
06-12-2007, 07:59 PM
I personally think trying to change one's birthday is a bit like doing what those who would like to rewrite history are doing (such as the Japanese not teaching in their schools what they did in WW II). A birthday is a historical event and cannot really be changed without going back in time and changing the events that resulted in one's birth on a particular date.
If you don't choose to celebrate the date of your birth (for whatever reason), that's another matter. Celebrate any day you choose for any reason you choose, but that won't really change your birthday.

marie354
06-12-2007, 08:16 PM
I'd keep mine the same, I have enough problems trying to remember everyone's birthday that I know, so I don't want to confuse myself with tying to remember another one.
:hugs:

Andi
06-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Sandra, Please, please will you reconsider changing the year as an option? :D
CDers have much more freedom and opportunity to be ourselves today than we did back in the 50s & 60s. We'd all like to have a "do-over" on those harsh years.

Ekatcha
06-13-2007, 12:28 AM
I've a love/hate relationship with my b.day (Feb 14th), but regardless of circumstances, I don't think I would change it. I might have a private celebration on another day, but I wouldn't change my birthday.

Christine Davis
06-13-2007, 12:36 AM
I think I would keep it the same. I really don't remember when Christine was born, but in sharing with what Kieron said, June 17 was when I and Christine was born. And since June 17 ispretty much smack in the middle of the year, I get a present every six months. :D

Hermione Simpson
06-13-2007, 01:05 AM
given the chance i'll change the date of my birthday to a day later, not because that was the day i started CD, but because of my femme name, try to figure it out yourself and post what you think, if you can't i'll tell you later

trannie T
06-13-2007, 01:36 AM
If I were to change my birthday my family would have another day not to call me. {grumble, grumble, grumble}

Alex S
06-13-2007, 02:05 AM
No love the day my B-day falls on

Dixie
06-13-2007, 06:53 AM
I wouldn't change mine, I'm just to it!:drink:

Sandra
06-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the replies

But Andigirl NO you still can't change the year :tongueout

Hermione You've got me on that one.

Come on guys Kieron's the only guy whos been and posted lets here form the rest of you.

Kieron Andrew
06-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Come on guys Kieron's the only guy whos been and posted lets here form the rest of you.
go give em a kick Sandra

Bonnie D
06-13-2007, 11:21 AM
I would celebrate my actual birthday, then I would celebrate my new name day and then I would celebrate the day I had SRS (if that was ever to happen). I would celebrate by going shopping and then a dinner and a movie.

:balloons:

Bonnie

Hermione Simpson
06-13-2007, 11:26 AM
the reason i said i would like to celebrate it a day later is because my birthday is october 30 and with my name i thought if i could change it, i'll choose that date instead, although i could choose september 15 and share it with hermione from HP aswell

mistunderstood
06-13-2007, 12:08 PM
No. I like my birthday it is Dec. 24,1970.

Teresa Amina
06-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Why not just add one on? More cake! :D

happyfish
06-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Nah, I wouldn't change it. I kind of like the date (March 9, 1987) despite the fact that it doesn't fall near anything interesting.

Adam
06-13-2007, 02:15 PM
nope because i changed my name on my birthday i got the solitors to do it on my birthday hehe so its one of the same day.

on a funny note my mum keeps saying i am almost 1 years old :D:heehee:

John
06-13-2007, 03:16 PM

What he said! The way I see it, we're us, I'm me, all I want to chainge is my pysical body (to match metaphysical reality) and people perseption of what gender I am (which was never exactly femail in the first place).

well mine is June 29

Neet, so's mine :heehee: I'm sorry you have bad memories for that time mj, though you can't deniy it makes for good outdoor b-day parties:drink:

RevMoonSerpent
06-13-2007, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't change my birthday for trans related reasons. If I did decide to make a date change I would want it to be Halloween because it's my favorite holiday.

Kelsy
06-13-2007, 06:12 PM
It's funny that my male birthday is very close to Jennifer's so I think that there is no reason to change, besides Jennifer has always been with me from the start!!:happy:

Jennifer

ZenFrost
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't change my birthday for trans related reasons. If I did decide to make a date change I would want it to be Halloween because it's my favorite holiday.

Ditto!