PDA

View Full Version : Heart still pounding

Christine Davis
06-12-2007, 11:41 PM
I am in Alamogordo this week and of course I brought Christine along. I got a little tired of doing the "all dressed up and nowhere to go" thing. Earlier I went to Wal-Mart and bought a new ribbed top and a couple of other items. Once I got back to the room I tried on the top and it fit like a dream. I couldn't wait to see the entire outfit. I got dressed and ventured out. The hotel put me on the third floor and I had to walk down the stairs to get to my car. Once I got there, I climbed in and drove out to see the sights.

I drove for miles and stopped every once and a while to check myself out. I know, I know, a little narcisistic on my part. After an hour of driving and enjoying the night air, I started to get a little hungry, but I did not want to go back in drab to get something to eat. I got the wild idea of going to McDonalds for a burger (drive though of course). I stopped at the order mike and in my best female voice I ordered a burger and fries. I've been practiceing my voice whenever I get the chance, but when I ordered I was so nervous that it sounded awful. I pulled up to the window and paid the girl. She did not say a word about anything. She gave me my change and I drove to the second window. Another girl gave me my food and again nothing was said.

I wolfed down the burger and checked my makeup. A little retouch on the lipstick and off I went. I pulled up to the hotel side door and saw this guy getting on the elevator. I took the stairs to the 3rd floor and walked out to the hallway. My room was about halfway down the hall. As I was walking to my room, the same guy got out of the elevator and turned toward me. He was halfway down the hall and I was at the end of the hall. We started to walk toward each other. My heart was pounding in my chest. I'm surpried nobody heard it. We crossed paths and he went to his room and I to mine. I couldn't get into the room fast enough. Once in I realized that I wasn't breathing. I gulped air and felt faint. Then I realized that he did not say anything, not a single comment. Not a sneer or a giggle. Just a man and a "gurl" crossing paths in the hallway. All I can say about it is... very freaking cool!!!

Eileen
06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Wonderful Christine! A girl can only stay home so long. The next time out will be easier! You presented and were accepted as a woman. What a wonderful experience for you! Go girl!

Eileen

TracyH
06-13-2007, 12:13 AM
Once in I realized that I wasn't breathing. I gulped air and felt faint.

I hate it when I forget to breathe, too :)

Dixie
06-13-2007, 06:57 AM
I know how you feel!

Sharoncd
06-13-2007, 09:13 AM
I found myself feeling the same way. Dressing and not going anywhere was getting boring. So when I get to go to Las Vegas or San Fransico I go out dressed.

I go shopping, eat in sit down places, and just try to be myself. The point is that the majority of the people out there really do not care. I believe that in todays world most people have seen it all. If not the hick with them.

Go out and enjoy yourself and quick woring about others.

On the side note I do not go out dressed where I live. My position at work will not allow me to be cought. At least that want I think. But for now out of town works.

sharon

joann07
06-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Isn't going out fun?
Now that you've done it, it only gets easier and less nerve wracking.
Bravo!

I've been there and done the drive thru in femme and, after I did it, I had good experience. I realized that there was nothing to it. Just act normal and everything will be ok.

However, I haven't gone to Wal-Mart in femme, athough I have bought women's clothes in drab, so I applaud you for shopping there if you were.

Congrats!

JoAnnDallas
06-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Guess what.......you did it.....You went out enfem.....you were even seen up close.......and YOU PASSED. Way to go girl.....I know it was scary but you did it and now you know you can do it. So it will be easier the next time and soon you will be just as calm and collected as you normally are.

Frankie-Dear
06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
You PASSED!!! Way to go!!!! Congratulations!! And congratulations on your courage. Bravery is not in being unafraid. Bravery is when you are terrified out of your skull, face it, and forge on. I am so proud of you, and I envy that you actually did it!!! Again, congratulations!!! What a RUSH!!!! :thumbsup::hugs:

JoAnnDallas
06-13-2007, 12:38 PM
The other day I was talking with one of my Tri-Ess sisters about first outings and she commented on how calm and collected I was at HEF last year. I giggled and asked why I giggled. I told her she would not believe how scare I was that day. It was the first time I was in a public place en fem, first time meeting others like ourselves, and being seen by people other than another CDer. She said I had her fooled. LOL Guess my old combat training really came into play. :D You may be scared sensless inside but don't let it override or control your actions and you will get thru the day in one Piece. Let the fear hone your senses, but let your mind control everthing else.

Frankie-Dear
06-13-2007, 01:06 PM
I swear, this takes as much courage as being under fire in combat. This shouldn't feel that terrifying, but dammit, it DOES!! LOL

Sam-antha
06-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Get the big scare out of the way and the next ones are small. I am glad that you did not turn and run from that hotel encounter. Running from anything dressed would put you back..
Hugzzes
~Smm

susie evans
06-13-2007, 05:24 PM
we are much tufer on our selfs than most others we have to learn that first and then move on and it takes a long time for our comfort vone to expand to that leval some times

:love: susie

Kelsy
06-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I am soooo jealous Cristine!

And I am so proud of you! I have only had the courage to go out totally enfem when sourounded by other gurls! you are the bomb! I wish I could have gone with you , now that would have been a blast:hugs:

Jennifer:happy: