PDA

View Full Version : a way to tell some one

Maddie22
06-13-2007, 02:55 AM
I've posted a thread on here before about how and who and if I should tell some one that I dressed. well I've narrowed it down to a couple of my girl friends and a couple of them is on myspace...well i have an account on myspace as becca, but no pictures of me as becca, nor do i share any friends with my regular self..so would this be a good way to go around and try to see reactions of what my friends would say...or is this going over the top??

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 03:04 AM
I guess you should just think about who would be most receptive to the news and tell her first. you can try dropping clues, like wearing a subtle femme accessory and seeing if anyone picks up on it. myself I would be more direct just go "can I tell you a secret...", but then I have a history of first dates where I tell the girl all the worst things about myself right up front (but then again, it does work pretty well)

I say go for straightforward honesty. it takes the guesswork out of it, and it's disarming.

phoenixgurl
06-13-2007, 03:30 AM
I would tell people that you can completely trust. I have a second myspace of me as Amy and i just got a bunch weird stalker ppl on there.

melissaK
06-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Having an accepting friend is really important to our mental health. The girls in the forum are one thing, real life friends another. It's worth the effort to have someone you can trust with this secret about yourself.

The fact you are careful about who you tell, tells me you fear losing friends, family, or job if your secret is out. Assess your fear. Is it really self shame? Or is it common sense self protection from other people's prejudices?

If its fear of losing a job, IMHO, don't tell anyone at the work place until you are prepared to lose the job.

If its fear of losing family - who? I haven't told any of my family so what do I know of this. But, from my reading of others posts, generally, mothers seem to rally and accept sons no matter what. Dad's are another thing. Female siblings seem more accepting than older male siblings.

If its a wife - yikees. Go slow, go careful. Read a LOT about how to go about it. I told my wife while we were dating. It's been a perennial near deal-breaker point in an otherwise pretty damn good 15 year marriage.

Your intuition about telling a girl friend before a guy friend is probably right. Though I have a good male friend who knows.

Hugs,
'lissa

joann07
06-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Go with your instincts.
Last year, I told a GG friend about my crossdressing and she was very accepting of it. I've known her for over 10 years and somehow I just knew, from my gut feeling, that she would be totally cool about it.
And because she always wears very nice and stylish clothes, I thought she would be a great fashion consultant and she has.
I've gone over to her place and modelled clothes and she has been very good at mixing and matching everything from tops and skirts to shoes.
She's a great asset.

AllieSF
06-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Each to his own. The Myspace route is much more public than we think, as it is open to everyone. It is not a good way in my opinion to share and try to keep a secret at the same time. Since anyone can post there, your real name may come out, or whatever. A face to face meeting and discussion is always best. Good luck.

Stephenie S
06-13-2007, 08:37 PM
OMG, once it's on Myspace, it's no secret any longer. Talk about a public announcement! Jiminy! Is this really what you want?

Steph