PDA

View Full Version : Hide and seek with my dress

Alex S
06-13-2007, 03:18 AM
I recently came out to my SO of six years. While she claims to be ok with it and even seem to enjoy painting my toe nails she has hidden my fav. Dress. I am trying to be understanding as this is a lot to ask of her and I am taking it very slow not push or bring it up every day but to hide my dress seems I don’t know….not so understanding. Of course I have not the nerve to ask for it back as I don’t want to push her limits with this. I love her but not sure if we are truly compatible at this point and time. I have come to a time in my life that I can accept who I am and that half of me is female that wants out from time to time. But on the plus side it gives me reason to go shopping. Just wanted to rant. Thanks loads.

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 03:22 AM
perhaps she likes it too and wants to keep it for herself?

or maybe she's a scrapbooker...

Alex S
06-13-2007, 03:24 AM
No she could not fit in it as I am very thin and she is not. And she does not keep scrap that my job. :tongueout

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 03:28 AM
No she could not fit in it as I am very thin and she is not. And she does not keep scrap that my job. :tongueout

are you out of town alot? cause maybe she's building a surrogate you?

or perhaps she wants to surprise you with some new clothes, and is using your fav dress as a sizing/style guidline.

let's hope it's the last one, cause I'm running out of straws to grasp at.

Alex S
06-13-2007, 03:39 AM
Thank you for trying:hugs: But I work two jobs 7 days a week get to see her maybe 2 hours top a day so you maybe right about building a surrogate me. :p

Dixie
06-13-2007, 06:49 AM
Hide her favorite dress :tongueout that'll learn her.:drink::D

Karren H
06-13-2007, 06:55 AM
She probably burnt it!!! lol

Karren

Leah B
06-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Are you sure you didn't just misplace it?

TracyH
06-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Maybe she's jelous that you look hot in it and she arranged for an "accident"

Wendy me
06-13-2007, 09:17 AM
she is supportive right?? could you next time you buy something for you also buy something nice for her????

AllieSF
06-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Ask her to paint your toe nails. While she is doing that and being in the receptive/accepting mood, ask her if she has seen your favorite dress. Maybe it's time for a talk.

Chrysoprase
06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Why play games and wait, just ask her where the dress is.

Maybe you did misplace it.
Maybe it got mauled by the cat while you were at work and got thrown out.
Maybe it survived the mauling and is at the cleaners.
Maybe she did just steal it.
Maybe the underwear gnomes are expanding their interests.

Just ask her "Have you seen my dress?" if she says no ask her to help you look for it.

Fab Karen
06-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Maybe the underwear gnomes are expanding their interests.

Funny episode of South Park.

prettywithsideburns
06-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Funny episode of South Park.

off topic tangent: I LOVE southpark, but I cannot STAND how they have been handling the mr./ms. garrison character since the op. they clearly have no idea what transgenderism is all about, and what's more, they seem even hostile towards it. whenever that character appears now I just feel like they are cruelly insulting friends of mine. HOWEVER, I can't seem to let myself boycott the show because that aside they are still the sharpest satire on television, so I just avoid the garrison heavy episodes. am I weak for doing so?

Alice B
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Replace it and if that one dissapears you know you have a problem.:hugs:

Chrysoprase
06-13-2007, 06:08 PM
off topic tangent: I LOVE southpark, but I cannot STAND how they have been handling the mr./ms. garrison character since the op. they clearly have no idea what transgenderism is all about, and what's more, they seem even hostile towards it. whenever that character appears now I just feel like they are cruelly insulting friends of mine. HOWEVER, I can't seem to let myself boycott the show because that aside they are still the sharpest satire on television, so I just avoid the garrison heavy episodes. am I weak for doing so?

I feel the exact same way. I guess its offended everyone at some point and I still watch it.

to keep the thread on topic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, found that dress yet?

Di
06-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Well you said you recently came out to her...............You had how many YEARS to "have come to a time in your life that you can accept who you are"....and how long have you given her to catch up with you.................... oh please:rolleyes:
Ask her about the dress.....why guess..............if she is upset and hid it...go from there...talk to her. I'm sure she loves you...she is trying it sounds to be supportive...she will have alot of ups and downs in the beginning......for you to say but not sure if we are truly compatible at this point and time.........for petes sake give her some slack.

Kelsy
06-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Hide her favorite dress :tongueout that'll learn her.:drink::D

I go with this option!!:heehee:

Jennifer:D

MJ
06-13-2007, 07:02 PM
maybe she is thinking it's a girl friends and destroyed it :eek:

Angie G
06-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Well thats just not right hun :hugs:
Angie

Alex S
06-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Lol no I did not miss place it. I finally did ask her and she has no clue and after today I seriously do not think she did do anything with it as she took me shopping today. She helped me pick out 2 new dresses, a skirt, blouse, and padded bra. She is so awesome and feel guilty know that I thought she did something with it. But now that means it was our daughter that snagged it so now have to lock the closet to keep the rest of my dresses safe. :D P.S. I did tell her I was sorry I thought she did something with it. Still many fears to over come but one day at a time.

Holly
06-14-2007, 11:49 PM
All's well that ends well. Now, about that daughter of yours...

Jocelyn Quivers
06-15-2007, 09:23 AM

I love southpark as well, although I'm not particularly happy about how the transgendered are portrayed on the show, I still do find the mr./mrs. garrison character hilarious. The show makes fun of everyone it took me a while to get over the writers inlcuding Jesus as a cartoon character, I in fact avoided episodes where they lampooned him.

In regards to your dress Alex, I hope it was not an expensive dress, or one of your favorites, that would be too bad if it disapeared then. Jocelyn

bobi jean
06-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Alex, if I were you, I would seriously consider taking my wife shopping!!!
It sounds as tho you have a really good relationship with her and now you have told her that you thought she had stolen your favorite dress!!!!!
She may, after a while either laugh it off, or start thinking you do not trust her.
I would take her out, starting with a manicure and pedicure, TAKE THE DAUGHTER ALSO, you could buy each of you matching outfits and let the daughter know that your things are just that. If she wants to borrow them all she has to do is ask.
Use your imagination for a day out but SISTER, YOU OWE YOUR WIFE BIG TIME..

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-13-2007, 10:02 PM
my SO has done the same thing to me. I have only had one
dress, and she has it in her closet.

Cindi

Laney GG
08-14-2007, 02:40 PM
As much as I am still coming to grips with this, I'd never take or throw anything of my SO's out. If I would ever find something I don't feel comfortable with, then we'll have a chat about it and go from there. It's not my property, so I try to respect that.