PDA

View Full Version : crossdresser friendly stores

Shining Star
03-05-2005, 05:06 AM
when you go shopping at a crossdresser friendly stores what is the most you have spent on clothes at the one time and what did you buy. i have only spent $50 (aud) and it was only a mini skirt and a top

Julie
03-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Shining, I'm not really one for using CD friendly stores simply because they feel they have a niche market and can overcharge us. I tend to use ordinary High Street stores where your money goes that bit further.

JJ

Wendy me
03-05-2005, 09:27 AM
omg i don't even want to go there ..........lets just say we shop till the cards are a smoken pill of goo............

Lindahexi
03-05-2005, 11:06 AM
I agree with Julie, I can get all I want in the larger stores and the prices are so reasonable. Another advantage (for me personally) I can look at anything and everything and nobody seems to take any notice, so I never get embarrassed. Even the checkout girls seem so OK with my purchases.

I used to be so shy when shopping, but since I've made friends on this site I appear to have gained some real confidence.

The most that I've spent in one go was £27, that was for 2 tops, skirt, bra, panties etc. Not bad value eh?

Love,

Linda.

Holly
03-05-2005, 11:16 AM
For me personally, I've not purchased much in CD "friendly" stores. I agree with the other girls that they have a tendency to charge premium prices. One notable exception is Glamour Boutique. I have found their pricing for all TGirl needs to be competitive, and in many cases, more than fair. They have stores in California, Nevada, and Mass. And they are also on line. Happy Shopping!

Wendy me
03-05-2005, 11:18 AM
i shop at a veary cd freindly store ...........that has things that i can't get in a regular store and never felt as though i have been over charged............the glamour boutiquealways i thought prices were more than fair........................... :p

...........glamourboutique.com

Jiera
03-05-2005, 11:19 AM
I agree with Julie, I can get all I want in the larger stores and the prices are so reasonable. Another advantage (for me personally) I can look at anything and everything and nobody seems to take any notice, so I never get embarrassed. Even the checkout girls seem so OK with my purchases.

I'll be boring and agree, too. CD stores largely take advantage of you, and they rarely sell fashionable stuff. My experience was a lot of PVC, a few wigs, and really ****ty clothing. Which isn't always a bad thing, but I'm not going to pay a premium for clothes I'll never be able to wear outside.

Casandra
03-05-2005, 02:15 PM
I bought several items from crossdresser shops when I first started dressing years ago. All I found out is that higher prices didn't translate into better fit or high quality.
If you can find your size in regular women's lines, do it!! And I have a difficult time believing that there's not a shop for all of us out there somewhere, no matter what size we are. You'll find a better selection as well as lower prices.

spaskinstyle
03-05-2005, 05:11 PM
I absolutely totally agree with you girls when you say that the CD specialty stores tend to overcharge. I can't hang around here however without chiming in a bit about my own store and our philosophy on things.

We are not, per se, a CD specialty store, however all of our customers are Crossdressers. That comes not from our advertising but from word of mouth and my own ability to introduce our store to the community. We have been widely accepted and embraced in all communities but no more than in the transgender community that does represent 90% of our business.

When our cd customers come to us, whether it is to the online boutique or to my personal shopping service, they are treated as any other customer would be treated. They are given the utmost respect and are treated with dignity without question. They are referred to by their chosen gender, by their chosen name, and are given all of the "same" courtesies that any "other" woman would recieve in a high end boutique. We never question who, what, where, why, when, or how. We follow instructions to the letter.

Consider a CD gal who is making a considerable purchase of say $42.00 for a body girdle. That gal will contact us first and tell us what her problems are. Then she will tell us what she wants to accomplish. Then we will look at what we have to offer and we will suggest a few items for her. Then we will explain the best way for her to measure herself to get the best idea for fit. Then we may discuss coordinating pieces. Finally we will discuss how she is going to wear the item and what the piece will make look good and what outerwear would be enhanced by the undergarment.

As the transaction comes to a close - we ask no questions - you pay anonymously by email - by paypal, or by money order. We ship to any name, any po box any country and always discreetly. We never use any type of advertising on anything - we do all of this to maintain your privacy.
We do no direct advertising - our only communication is by email. We only leave feedback if you leave it first. Your identity and your protection is our #1 consideration.

Finally, once the package arrives - we may have decided that you are between two sizes, so you may end up with 2 pieces in your box instead of 2. Once you unwrap your treasures from the finely scented tissue paper, We would only ask that you send back 1. If the piece that you get is too small we ask that you return it unused and we will gladly exchange it.

Oh and by the way, we handle most transactions from start to finish in under 72 hours. I think if you looked at our pricing structure you would see that we are well below any specialty store on the internet and for the services we provide we are a bargain - I'm sorry that the industry has become full of such vultures. It just makes it all the more fruitful for genuine caring customer oriented - quality merchants like myself.

Thanks for the soapbox.

Love, Theresa

kirsti
03-05-2005, 10:54 PM
I shop anywhere and everywhere,I agree niche stores do overcharge.
Ill shop higher end stores all the way to discount stores such as Walmart,and K-mart.
Wal-mart has self checkout aisles now in some southern stores so its nice if your a man to still purchase the sexy attair if your in the norm(not so)but it really doesnt matter to me,I'll purchase at a counter with a clerk,im not embarressed at all.

Celeste GG
03-06-2005, 03:50 AM
clothes and shoes are SO much cheaper in the US! Lucky girls.

I thought I spent a lot on clothes untill I started shopping for larger things for CD's. There are some good buys in op shops. bit it's always nicer to have your own new things, especially frillies.

that's how I decided to start the crossdressing service, buy wholesale and pass on savings and find things that FIT CD's.