PDA

View Full Version : You can't always get what you want

Lovely Rita
06-13-2007, 02:29 PM
The title of this thread is the title of one of my favorite Rolling Stones songs. It went like this.

"You can't always get what you want but you might find If you try some time...You get what you need ah baby.....so on and so forth the song goes.

For me it is important to remember that particular line of the song as my life and cross dressing are constantly evolving. I remember those wise words especially since so many of the things I wanted yesterday have come true for me today.

Today I dress freely as much and as often as I want because of an absolutley loving and supporting SO. I am free to go out en femme and I continually renew my appreciation of these blessings.

In the past I could not have what I enjoy today, so I was content to steal my moments and dress when ever the circumstances or opportunities allowed me to.

My mind is always looking to push the envelope and looks to new vistas and to new territory to conquer and I need to keep myself in healthy check.

I am writing this for others who can relate. I have an addictive personality and so it is crucial that I keep a healthy perspective and balance on these things I do.

I can tell you that I am spending a little too much time on the computer these days. I need to always remember that it is not all about me but also about my SO. I need to remember that I do have what I need and some. I don't think life is about getting everything we want because of many reasons and too many to go into at this time.

Our lives are about balance.:love:

kerrianna
06-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks for posting that Rita. :hugs:

It's actually what I really needed to hear today. :love:
I'm feeling pouty and sad today about stuff.

Dog says get off the computer and enjoy the sunny day!!! :p

uknowhoo
06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Rita, you're always spo good at affording us a bit of perspective. :hugs:
Thanx sweetie. xoxo

I'm feeling pouty and sad today about stuff.

so Kerri, do you need a :hug: or a :slap: ? :D

GypsyKaren
06-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi Rita

Pushing the envelope is always good, it kinda makes life more interesting. What I like to do is walk the high wire, and I work without a net, also makes things interesting. Kat and I have balanced and we are on that next plane of being, I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you join us there, it's also kinda interesting, and lots of fun!

Karen Starlene

Karren H
06-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Yeah.. Love that song too.. And your always right... It's all about balance...

Karren

susie evans
06-13-2007, 05:18 PM
rita thanks for another great post you are so right and like karren said that balance is very important

:love: susie

Kelsy
06-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Rita,

You are inspirational and have the best outlook on this fantastic life we all share!!! I love your posts, keep them coming:D

Jennifer:heehee:

Alice B
06-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Keeping that balance can be a toiugh think to do, but one we must remind ourselfs about. The desire to dress can become too strong for some of us and we often push the envelope a bit too much, without thinking. Yhanks for the reminder.:love:

Tamera
06-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Start Me Up!!!!
As another Stones song would say!!!!!
LOL
Tamera

Lovely Rita
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Dear Kerrianna, Ooh Tammi, Gypsey Karen, Karren, Susie, Jennifer, Alice and Tamera,
Thanks for your encouraging feedback. Keeping things in perspective is always a good thing especially for me. When I get into something it can be considered fanatical to say the leaste. I am one of Crossdressing's biggest fans. I just love it.

It makes me feel like JUMPING JACK FLASH AND ITS A GAS GAS GAS

My life before now felt like the line in the song that says I was raised by a toothless bearded hag, life before the freedom to CD. I was schooled with a strap right across my back. Again what life was like riddled with guilt before coming to terms with who I was.
BUT ITS ALRIGHT NOW....IN FACT ITS A GAS....YEA ITS ALRIGHT NOW...I'M JUMPING JACK FLASH AND ITS A GAS GAS GAS

Can't you just hear the music? Mick on vocals, Bill Wyman on Bass, Keith Richards and Ron Wood on guitar and of course Charlie Watts on drums.:love:

kerrianna
06-13-2007, 09:58 PM
so Kerri, do you need a :hug: or a :slap: ? :D

I don't respond so well to :slap: I had enough of them when I was a kid.

:bighug: works much better for me. Didn't get enough of them.

hehehe Rita your positive energy is working. Thanks hon. :hugs:

Lovely Rita
06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
I don't respond so well to :slap: I had enough of them when I was a kid.

:bighug: works much better for me. Didn't get enough of them.

hehehe Rita your positive energy is working. Thanks hon. :hugs:

I really did enjoy reading about how you have been changing because of "All YOU NEED IS LOVE" like the beatles said.

Thanks for being an encouragement to all of us with your postive posts and as promised here are the super big Hugs:hugs:
:hugs::love:

Kate Simmons
06-14-2007, 10:17 AM
The message of The Beatles song "Let it be" has always inspired me as well, Rita.:happy:

trannie T
06-14-2007, 11:23 PM
"Lovely Rita, meter maid" Whoops! Wrong British band.

Nice thoughts, Rita.