PDA

View Full Version : Throw me a party!

ZenFrost
06-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Just a small one though, not a major party thread or anything. Why? Here's the short version:

Today I ordered two binders, passed in public (got called sir by everyone), and got my jaws unwired! That calls for a celebration! (now that I can actually eat the food)

Long version (you can skip this):

Today is exactly 8 weeks post op for my double jaw surgery. My jaw has been wired shut for the past two months and today marks the day that I can eat food. Real, actual food that I don't have to put in the blender first. I can eat! Finally! Yay! Although, I can only eat very small bites of really soft and mushy foods for the next few months. It'll be another 10 months before I can eat normally. I went out to eat with my mom and uncle to celebrate and ate soggy bread and mashed potatoes. It took me two hours to eat 8 oz of food but it was fantastic to be able to open my mouth a whole centimeter and have some solid food!

The best part was that everyone at the resturant called me sir! My uncle tried to correct them but I told him it was okay. It's great to know that I passed because I was really trying to.

And I ordered two diffeent binders from underworks today so I can try them out and see which I like.

Yeah, I'm in a good mood for a party.

kerrianna
06-13-2007, 09:46 PM
YAY Zen! :hugs: :love:

Congrats on all counts.

Sounds like a good day for sure. Glad you got unwired. Take it easy and don't bite into too much too soon.

Bet you can eat this:

Would you like something to wash that down with?

There you go sir. Enjoy. :hugs:

Bobbi Lynn
06-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Ice Cream!!

bi_weird
06-14-2007, 12:30 AM
DUDE congrats! Have some brownies! LOTS of them: with rainbow sprinkles and chocolate frosting and fudge chunks and caramel swirls and marshmallow strips and any other kinds you want!

RevMoonSerpent
06-14-2007, 01:51 AM
That's great news Zen. I'm happy for you. I can't imagine what it must have felt like to finally be able to eat real food and the passing is wonderful.:drink:

ZenFrost
06-14-2007, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the cake and the brownies guys! It'll take me forever to eat them but I'm past the point of caring. Yay! Food!

Evert
06-14-2007, 05:55 AM
YAY! Zenny can stop eating babyfood!!! :D

Congrats
Congrats
Congrats
Congrats
Congrats
Congrats
Congrats
Congrats
Congrats
!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tristan
06-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Yay Zen. That totallllly rocks! Congrats dude.

John
06-14-2007, 07:27 AM
:shocked: you went for eight weaks without being able to eat? My god man, I'd have gon totally nuts...

yay! cake!

Kieron Andrew
06-14-2007, 07:50 AM
I got you a chocolate moose cake and two different kinds of milkshake to celebrate, its soft and yummy so it wont hurt your mouth :)

Dasein9
06-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Yay, Zen!!!

Smoothies!

happyfish
06-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Yay! Congrats! I'd give you more food, but it looks like you have enough. How about a drink? :drink:

Adam
06-14-2007, 10:43 AM
congrats thats great must feel great haveing that gone :D

and sir aswell sounds like a good day all round yay!!! :)