PDA

View Full Version : Inspiring article in the Kansas City paper recently

CindyFinalyFree
06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
I just dug up this article link for a PM I'm writing and realized some of you might like to read it as well. Sorry if it's been posted. Even if it has, it's worth reading twice!! :love:

Cindy

http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?siteSection=1&id=36442

Mistybtm
06-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Great story best of luck to her.

Siobhan Marie
06-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Great story, thank you so much for sharing it Cindy.

I wish Jessica the best for her continuing journey.

:hugs: Anna x

CindyFinalyFree
06-17-2007, 01:21 AM
OMG...

I went to a semi-local (about an hour from my city) PFLAG picnic today, expecting to meet the members of a particular TG support group and gain acceptance for my applicaiton to join.

Well, I have to say that the event went well and without incident (no picketters, inturruptions, etc) and I had a great time.

To top it off, however, I got to meet Jessica!!! I had to tell her how happy I was to meet her, and yes, I thanked her for you, and the rest of us, Anna and Misty!!!

I even asked if she would have her picture taken with me, to which she graciously accepted. I won't post it here, though, out of respect for her privacy, considering the profile of her status in the force and all. Sorry. I have to tell you all, that to meet someone with such courage and to know that her courage was met with positive results gives me immesurable hope, and fills my heart with untold joy.

Oh.... One more thing. She and others have recently initiated 'MAGIC (http://www.gendermagic.org)'. Please check it out.... espcially if you're in the Mid-America region. I, for one, plan on participating/contributing in any way I can.

Best wishes to all!!!
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Cindy

Bobbie cd
06-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Cindy,

Glad you made it home OK.
It was great seeing you. :hugs:

It was an unexpected pleasure to have Jessica and some of her friends from KC show up. :thumbsup:
It is truly inspiring to see the acceptance that she seems to be receiving, given the general "macho" attitude usually considered to be prevalent in her profession. It is heartwarming to see the support that the KC Mo Police Dept. brass has given her so far.
(BTW, having now seen her in both uniform and civilian dress, I have to say she actually is quite a cutie, that uniform with body armor doesn't really do much for a girl's figure. :D)

I do think a good time was had by all, and thankfully Drop-dead Fred and his band of not-so-merry miscreants did not show up to try to spoil our fun!

:love:
Bobbie