PDA

View Full Version : The Why .....

Marla S
06-14-2007, 11:03 AM
... of CDing is already discussed in another threads.
Probably a zillion answers.

I am interested in the WHY you dress the way you dress.

Ok, it's fun, it's stress relief and you are what you are, but that's not the point of the question.

Why you dress full, why you dress partly, why you choose a particular style of clothing.

Probably this question is not to answer ... anyway ... it's allowed to ask ;)

Daintre
06-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Well I will answer as best I can...First why the style I wear...that was determined when I got talking with the owner of an independent ladies store, she had an eye for what looked good on different people. Between the two of us we created Jenni's wardrobe, I goodwilled all the previous items.

I dress as completely as possible. why...it is because I want to be as feminine as possible. I won't pass in the outside world, but in my home I can see the woman I feel I am.

Mitch23
06-14-2007, 12:26 PM
I part dress because I can - I'm now up to manbag, clearvarnish, shaved legs, jewellery - the world hasn't ended and i'm getting lots of compliments!

The way I fully dress is in imitation of what GGs are wearing in the summer, skimpy top or tunic over 1/2 or 3/4 length tight denims and sandals, wide waist belt, lots of costume jewellery. Also like to dress fetish but I'm sure you dont want to hear about that ...

so the short answer is observation, imitation and wanting to blend in

Mitch

Lissa Stevens
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
I dress the way I feel a woman my age should dress. I also dress for comfort. I could dress in mini skirts, 5 inch heels and low cut tops but I don't feel that is appropriate. If others want to dress that way that is their prerogative but it is not for me.

Kate Simmons
06-14-2007, 12:36 PM
I guess the simple answer is because it's an expression of the female part of me and how I choose to present myself at any particular time. I'm not locked into any certain style or look because I like to explore my different facets. You might just say, I do it because I can, not to mention because I find it fun to experiment.;)

Lovely Rita
06-14-2007, 12:36 PM
... of CDing is already discussed in another threads.
Probably a zillion answers.

I am interested in the WHY you dress the way you dress.

Ok, it's fun, it's stress relief and you are what you are, but that's not the point of the question.

Why you dress full, why you dress partly, why you choose a particular style of clothing.

Probably this question is not to answer ... anyway ... it's allowed to ask ;)

I like to dress full because it completes the experience for me.

I like to dress the way Ladies dress that I am attracted to....I think...unless I just like what I consider feminine and sexy clothes....I will have to think about that one because none of the ladies I know dress like this anymore except for Christina Aguilera:heehee::D:love:

Joy Carter
06-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I dress the way I should have if things had worked out right. A little up scale and as much detail as I can think of.

prettywithsideburns
06-14-2007, 12:46 PM
sometimes it's just nice to feel pretty.

Karren H
06-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Probably more like a Quintillion times.. Lol. But my answer is the same...... Don't have a clue why I'm driven to crossdress... And don't really care why since even if I knew why, it wouldn't change a thing... I would still love to corssdress....

Now if its "Why do I dress the way I do"...... Well because I couldn't pull off the ****ty look so I went with the elegant look... Rich and sophisticated!! Hey if I can pretend to be a woman it might as well be a rich woman?? Now where did I park my Jag?? Hehe

Karren

prettywithsideburns
06-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Probably more like a Quintillion times.. Lol. But my answer is the same...... Don't have a clue why I'm driven to crossdress... And don't really care why since even if I knew why, it wouldn't change a thing... I would still love to corssdress....

Now if its "Why do I dress the way I do"...... Well because I couldn't pull off the ****ty look so I went with the elegant look... Rich and sophisticated!! Hey if I can pretend to be a woman it might as well be a rich woman?? Now where did I park my Jag?? Hehe

Karren

what, you park your own jag?! isn't that what valets are for?

joann07
06-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Like Rita, I dress because I want to look like attractive women who catch my attention. There are so many at my office and so I'm always observing what they wear.
But not only do I like to wear what they're wearing, dressing up has a calming affect on me. For some strange reason, as soon as I'm all dressed up I switch modes and I'm like a totally different person. I'm not as stressed out and I feel great. AHHH! :happy:

bgirl
06-14-2007, 02:33 PM
When I first started thinking about what I wore, I was kind of ****ty. Now when I dress fully, I have matured and dress in something that a girl like me might be seen out in the real world.

When I partial dress or underdress, I just want that part of me to be open and part of who I am. I tend to dress casual then. Easy off and easy on.

If I partial dress whenever I can and have the urge, when I fully dress, I am more relaxed. If I put it off, then dressing is more fratic.

LindaTS
06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
For me I dress like I do because I'm a woman, pure and simple. The big thing for me though is I dress like other women of my age bracket when I'm going out, such as shopping. But a lot of the time when I know I'm staying home I'll dress like I'd have loved to when at a much earlier age. Mini's, micro mini's, 5" heels, get the picture? I can't really say why I dress this way but I do know I enjoy it.

Marla S
06-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Jenny, Mitch, Lissa, Salandra, Joy, prettywithsideburns, Karren, Joann, bgirl, Linda
thanks a lot for your replies. They are very interesting.

Seems like a new thought could break new ground.
(I am a bit bored from my old ones :D)

rose382832
06-14-2007, 05:19 PM
i guess that i'm still stuck in high scool, fashionwise, but not date wise. i dress the 18 yr old cause i can still fit the styles. when i start to look better in 50 yr old dress then i will switch, but till then i'm petra pan,:heehee:, the girly version of peter pan( i wont grow up and you cant make me).:tongueout

battybattybats
06-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Goth in one form, goth in another :devil:
Though in male mode I rarely dress up as much. I do wear a lot of stuff and look the way I find attractive. Still many of the clothes I wear in either mode, not the skirts and lingerie but tops, boots, jewelry and more.