PDA

View Full Version : Secret sign

Angela d'Evial
06-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Would it not be great if there was a kind of recognition of a CD within its own community ?
I mean a kind of sign, ring, necklace, earing of something that you can see if someone is CD and wear it only if you trying out someone that you suspect.
You see that in some communities like gays, goths, anti a-bom(peace lovers),
and ... you got the picture.
That could improve for example a relation between friends, father-son, man-son in law, ......
If the sign is not known in the "normal world" there wil not be a reaction, otherwise it could lead to a supportive relation.
Please think with me. ( I think my 30 year old macho son is struggling )

Kieron Andrew
06-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Would it not be great if there was a kind of recognition of a CD within its own community ?
I mean a kind of sign, ring, necklace, earing of something that you can see if someone is CD and wear it only if you trying out someone that you suspect.
http://www.theangels.co.uk/pendant.html ....Trans pendant?

marie354
06-14-2007, 11:18 AM
The link guy strikes again! Teeheehee.

I want one! It's silver too. Most of my jewelry is silver.

Thanks Kieron... What a guy!
:hugs:

Michelle 51
06-14-2007, 11:18 AM
We'll paint one thumbnail black.Normal guy's will think we hit it with a hammer and cders will know who we are.I'm joking of course but have often wish we did have a secret sign but how to make it public without the whole world knowing is the challenge. justabit

Angela d'Evial
06-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Sorry Kieron Andrew , I meant very specifically the crossdressing sign.
The ones that love to be a "normal person" with a partner but don't want to embarras a friend or others by asking if the person is a crosdresser.

Marla S
06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
The ones that love to be a "normal person" with a partner but don't want to embarras a friend or others by asking if the person is a crosdresser.
You would have to define "crossdressing" first to exclude the non-CDers among TG folks.
After that, you would have to control whether the customer falls within your definition, and is allowed to wear the sign. You could look for Tri-Ess, the are for the "normal" heterosexual, married crossdressers.
If a sign becomes popular it will become known by the rest of the world too.

Kieron Andrew
06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
hey it was a start its on a crossdressing site!!!

Kieron Andrew
06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Thanks Kieron... What a guy!
you are welcome :hugs:

Lovely Rita
06-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Great idea. I am just thinking what we could use and not give ourselves away to the non-cds.
What a about a necklace with a small ornament in the shape of a television that signals TV. Maybe not.

prettywithsideburns
06-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Great idea. I am just thinking what we could use and not give ourselves away to the non-cds.
What a about a necklace with a small ornament in the shape of a television that signals TV. Maybe not.

I like that!

I was thinking maybe something to do with a compact disc, but your idea is better.

Angela d'Evial
06-14-2007, 11:49 AM
It's really going in the right direction , I like the Compact Disk too.

Lovely Rita
06-14-2007, 11:50 AM
I like that!

I was thinking maybe something to do with a compact disc, but your idea is better.

No your idea is better:D

Karren H
06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I always thought that my wearing a skirt or a dress out in public was sign enough but appearently not.. Lol.

How about one of those cute symbols that the Jaffa wear on their forehead in SG-1? Only in pink!! !! JAFFA..!!!!! There Sweety!! Lol

I've always been partial to a secret decoder ring or something... That would flash pink when ever anothe crossdresser was within 100 feet......

Pink CD players?? Playing "Dude Looks Like a Lady??

LED jewelry that would blink "I'm a crossdresser" in Moores code??

Sandwich board?

Wait!!! How about left eyebrow plucked your a crossdresser, right eyebrow plucked your your TS... Both eyebrows plucked your post op (or a woman)...... No plucking your a guy.... No eyebrows.... Never mind....

:tongueout

Karren

Bonnie D
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
I know what you mean by a secret sign, well maybe not exactly what you mean since there seems to be some confusion, anyway I've thought the same thing before. I was at a store one evening and saw who, I was sure was a TG, a woman looking at a rack of skirts. I wanted to approach her and talk but wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. What was I going to say, "Hi, are you transgendered?" So I asked here and on another site and was told not to approach because I may have been wrong or if I was right most do not want to be identified or spotted or revealed, they just want to blend. For those who are not dressed at the time but you think they might be TG then that person will wonder what it is about them that gave it away and will try not to make that mistake again since they're trying to blend in with the rest of society.

What do or did secret societies use to identify themselves. Code words maybe. "Hi, does 'Spectrum' mean anything to you?" "Yes, it does! What does it mean to you?" "It means 'TG' to me." And then you both have identified yourselves to each other. If the answer was "No." Then you apologize and walk away.

Just a thought that can be expanded.

Bonnie

prettywithsideburns
06-14-2007, 12:35 PM
No your idea is better:D

no, YOUR idea is better!

okay, fine, how about a compromise: television symbols made from old compact discs.

Kate Simmons
06-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Honestly the best way to know who are CDers and who are not is to widen out our friendships in the community. A number of us have met and communicate through this site, privately and TG Org meetings and get togethers.I feel that is the best way to get to know one another.:happy:

Toyah
06-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Errrrrr no because it would not stay secret and thus expose everyone who wishes to be secret about being a CD

Frankie-Dear
06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Maybe a small pink and baby blue button that reads, "Life's a DRAG." :devil:

Angela d'Evial
06-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Errrrrr no because it would not stay secret and thus expose everyone who wishes to be secret about being a CD

Toyah , I ment to use for a kind of chalenging somebody to react on it. For example , you have a friend and you noticed the smooth legs but you don't dare to ask him. When you meet him you wear the "sign " and wait for reaction.

Toyah
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Toyah , I ment to use for a kind of chalenging somebody to react on it. For example , you have a friend and you noticed the smooth legs but you don't dare to ask him. When you meet him you wear the "sign " and wait for reaction.

Like a masonic handshake that would be quite good fun

joann07
06-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I felt like doodling and so I came up with these.
Nothing spectacular, but hope you all like them.

Frankie-Dear
06-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Those designs kick ass, Joann! :thumbsup:

Kitty Sue
06-14-2007, 02:05 PM
A fish such as a Sword Tail as they can change gender.

AshleyLove
06-14-2007, 02:07 PM
I always thought that my wearing a skirt or a dress out in public was sign enough but appearently not.. Lol.

Karren

This made me giggle :heehee:

Kitty Sue
06-14-2007, 02:10 PM
A fish such as a Sword Tail as they can change gender. We could also us an octopus or chameleon as they can both change their colors. I think an octopus would be cute.

AshleyLove
06-14-2007, 02:14 PM
A fish such as a Sword Tail as they can change gender. We could also us an octopus or chameleon as they can both change their colors. I think an octopus would be cute.

There was a discussion here not too long ago about cuddlefish; and how the males can act feminine to earn the favor of females. Very cool, but they're not so cute.. lol

Frankie-Dear
06-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Many species of sea creature change gender. It's incredible just how many and how prevalent it is. A sea horse would be a good one, too.

Toni Shelton
06-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Ok, Are we talking about when we are not dressed? I don't care if anyone know I am a crossdresser or transgendered if I am dressed. But if we do have some sign we all knew when in DRAB. It would be So Cool. Just think of all the new friends we could make if we only knew who was who.
I'm all for it Girls.

MJ
06-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Both eyebrows plucked your post op (or a woman)......

Karren

very funny karren :lol2:... but why seperate us tg from tv after all some of us still have the same parts under the hood :heehee: , and i like the silver neckless idea .. but it won't work .. why not just get a cross dressers party going in each town province or state meet at a friendly tg bar and have fun

Kieron Andrew
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
and i like the silver neckless idea .. but it won't work ..
has no one read my post! there is a silver necklace already in place being sold by a reputable TG site in the uk, why cant this take off and become world wide given the right marketing?

Emily Ann Brown
06-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Yes Kieron, somebody has read your post.

And Karren, that's the first sensible thing you have said in a while (tee hee)....if you are in a dress you might be CD. But the eyebrow deal now, if you have ONE eyebrow you are a man.

But I think the best so far is expand our community and know your local sisters. I have spent 2 years trying that...know quite a few now(in dress or drab).

Emily Ann

gabe
06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Why not just look for outline of bra strap? :D

prettywithsideburns
06-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Why not just look for outline of bra strap? :D

because gg's wear bras as well?

Kieron Andrew
06-14-2007, 04:15 PM
because gg's wear bras as well?
AND some GMs wear a bra due having gynochomastia

Sheri 4242
06-14-2007, 04:31 PM

Pink CD players?? Playing "Dude Looks Like a Lady??

LED jewelry that would blink "I'm a crossdresser" in Moores code??

Karren

A'hhh, Karren -- you always give me a good laugh!!! Yep, wearing a skirt or dress out in public would suffice!!!

As to the pink CD player, the song would have to be "This Girl is a Woman, Now." The counter-sign song: "I Am Woman."

Actually a piece of jewelry with a flashing Morse Code message might work -- just as long as we weren't around a meeting of HAM operators (ahem)! :rofl:

I know what you mean by a secret sign, well maybe not exactly what you mean since there seems to be some confusion, anyway I've thought the same thing before.

What do or did secret societies use to identify themselves. Code words maybe. "Hi, does 'Spectrum' mean anything to you?" "Yes, it does! What does it mean to you?" "It means 'TG' to me." And then you both have identified yourselves to each other. If the answer was "No." Then you apologize and walk away.

Bonnie

Bonnie: Actually you aren't too far off base from reality. There is one secret society (sorry, can't say which if I intend to live -- ahem -- lol) that if you ask a member if they are a member, the confirmation (or lack thereof) is in the answer. Sort of like you ask if they are a member of the XYZ Society (b/c you saw a ring or something on them). If they simply say "yes," or "yeah," or "yep," then they are NOT a member -- BUT if they say an aranged very specific something like "I am, in good standing I am" then you know. :evilbegon: :worship:

When this subject has been discussed before, it came up (and has come up again in this thread) that the symbol will eventually beome known to outsiders (and enterlopers -- lol). Actually, that isn't as big a problem as one might think. So, a few outsiders find out -- or "think" they have found out. IMO, such revlation probably isn't going far.

marie354
06-14-2007, 04:45 PM
What a about a necklace with a small ornament in the shape of a television that signals TV.

I like that one. Add an image of a TG flag on the screen too. No static at all.

Wait!!! How about left eyebrow plucked your a crossdresser, right eyebrow plucked your your TS... Both eyebrows plucked your post op (or a woman)...... No plucking your a guy.... No eyebrows.... Never mind....

Karren

Oh Karren you are too plucking much!
(Or is that plucking too much?)

Fab Karen
06-14-2007, 05:44 PM
You could look for Tri-Ess, the are for the "normal" heterosexual, married crossdressers.

I suspect by using quotes you're subtly trying say that the word normal does not belong. Anyone thinks they are a "normal" CD, let's ask your boss, your parents, etc. about that concept.

Wendy me
06-14-2007, 05:50 PM
how abought this .... http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8465/imagewraphd6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

celeste26
06-14-2007, 05:58 PM
How about a small jewelry television on a necklace. Everyone knows about television and they all call it TV but to associate the TV with crossdressing might just be coded enough so they think we just like television. Like hiding in plain sight

Sheri 4242
06-14-2007, 06:08 PM
How about a small jewelry television on a necklace. Everyone knows about television and they all call it TV but to associate the TV with crossdressing might just be coded enough so they think we just like television. Like hiding in plain sight

That might work well. On the other hand, a small CD on a necklace might be considered more all-inclusive; also, since some do not like the tv term -- personally I don't care -- using a replica of a compact disc might be more acceptable to those who don't like the tv term. Just a thought.

Anyone want to go into business with me and have some made to see how they go over?

Kieron Andrew
06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
using a replica of a compact disc might be more acceptable to those who don't like the tv term. Just a thought.?
but what about TS?

Julogden
06-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Back in the rustiest parts of my memory, I seem to recall Tri-Ess trying that once, maybe back in the 1970's, I seem to recall that they had a pin that one could wear, didn't go over though.

Carol:hugs:

battybattybats
06-14-2007, 06:29 PM
You see that in some communities like gays, goths, anti a-bom(peace lovers),
and ... you got the picture.

Goths have a secret sign???? And no-one told me!!!?
Here I've been wearing mostly black clothes, silver jewelry of bats and dragons and painting my nails black for years but I've not had the secret sign?!?! how embarrassing! Simply mortifying! Is there a special membership card and secret decoder ring too?

Cai
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM

Just a thought that can be expanded.

Bonnie

Actually, I've done that for another forum I'm on that's also outside the mainstream. "Hi, I was wondering if ants had any special meaning to you. No? Sorry to have bothered you!" And we have a sign that we put on a jewelry and stickers. It's not an attempt to unify everyone in the world that might be interested, just the people of that forum.

I wonder if that would work here. There are a lot of us, so if we had a sign that was just for CD.com members, it would stay private from most of the world, but might allow us to recognize each other.

Sheri 4242
06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
but what about TS?

Well, just a thought: TS's do crossdress (well, the ones I know or know of). So, could our pin or necklace (or whatever) be for anyone who crossdresses??? Recognition of the jewelry would just put one in touch with someone else who CD's.

Or are we wanting a symbol for solely heterosexual crossdressers???

Therein lies the problem with this: exactly how broad or narrow a group are we talking about???

Tedi
06-14-2007, 09:14 PM
This subject comes up somewhat frequently.. The best idea I've seen so far is the "T" pin in the lapel of your shirt, coat or whatever. A "T" pin?? check out the attached photo. It's simple, inexpensive and not something that you would usually see everyday.

rose382832
06-14-2007, 09:32 PM
This subject comes up somewhat frequently.. The best idea I've seen so far is the "T" pin in the lapel of your shirt, coat or whatever. A "T" pin?? check out the attached photo. It's simple, inexpensive and not something that you would usually see everyday.

most mechs see that every day and would wonder why you forgot to put your alen key back in the box when you left work? or they would wonder what you did not fix on your car that requiered you to carry the key with you always.:heehee:

Julogden
06-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Many species of sea creature change gender. It's incredible just how many and how prevalent it is. A sea horse would be a good one, too.
Hi Frankie,

Actually, Seahorses don't change gender. The females transfer their eggs into a pouch in the male, and he carries the eggs in his pouch until the young hatch, but he never changes gender.

Carol, nature nut:hugs:

trannie T
06-14-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm trying, slowly, to drag myself out of the closet. I am not ashamed to be a crossdresser as I do not believe that crossdressing is wrong. As long as most of us are terrified of being discovered any secret sign will be worthless.

Alex S
06-14-2007, 11:28 PM
I am very much in the closet yet I have seen a lot of CD’ers as of late. I would love to approach but fear they may not want someone to approach them. A pin, necklace, or sign would be of great help as if they were wearing one I would be more then comfortable to say hey. I vote for the cd necklace.

Christine Davis
06-14-2007, 11:49 PM
I like the swordfish idea. For us gurls, we would know what it means. For everybody else we like to fish (or is that fishnets :D)

Robin Leigh
06-15-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't think a secret sign is very practical. How do we ensure only other CDers (& friends) know about it? If we used a code word, we'd have to change it frequently.

But I still like the idea of CD/TG symbols & emblems.

I like the chameleon idea. I've seen a lovely jewelled chameleon broach. And some of those colour-changing squids are amazing! Don't know how they'd work as a piece of jewellry, though :heehee:

Some Seahorse Society members wear seahorse earrings, but I don't think they are the best creature to represent us. After all, the male seahorse doesn't mimic a female seahorse. He simply takes on a role that is more often associated with females in other species.

OTOH, the Seahorse Societies in Australia & the UK are known to the local CD community, so the seahorse does function as an effective emblem. Besides, I think seahorses are cute, in fact I've got a toy plastic one on my coffee table. :)

There are many marine creatures that change sex. I can post some details if anyone's interested. Some of these creatures start as one sex & change sex when they get older. Others can change back & forth multiple times. But I think such creatures may be better symbols for TS people rather than CDers.

I like the idea of a species where some males sometimes behave like females. Unfortunately, I don't know of any cute ones. :) There is a species of snake where some males have the ability to emit female pheromones (lucky guys!). This attracts "straight" males in the vicinity, who then all start slithering over the snake they think is female. When the boys are all excited, the pretender slithers out of the mating ball to mate undisturbed with the real female. :)

Robin

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 01:40 PM
The chameleon seems a perfect symbol!

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Hi Frankie,

Actually, Seahorses don't change gender. The females transfer their eggs into a pouch in the male, and he carries the eggs in his pouch until the young hatch, but he never changes gender.

Carol, nature nut:hugs:

Ah.. thanks for the correction. I do know that there are many sea creatures that do change gender, though. At this point, I really like the chameleon idea. Blend, camouflage, go bright or drab... It seems perfect, really.

kimmigir1
06-15-2007, 04:44 PM
ive given a lot of thought to this subject too and ive thought of many different objects and symbols that could signify our objective, now there was a thread about this posted a while ago but i couldnt find this, and if the point of such object were to become mainstream as someone said it would be pointless, another thing i was thinking about while reading this is what if someone picked up one of the necklaces from somewhere thought it was nice and started wearing it not knowing what it meant and another cd came up and introduiced themself and whatnot and the person wearing it not knowing what it means freaks out and tells everyone, i mean i totally support this idea, and personally i like the emblem from the link kieron posted, but as mist have stated that is for TS and kinda defeats the point, i mean im totally fine with comming out to ppl because i really dont give a (cencored) what ppl think about me however i like staying in the closet for the time being so if something jewelery wise came out and the meaning of said jewelery would be told to the world i think that personally it shouldnt matter and only the ones that have accepted themselves and wouldnt really care to be outed wear it the ones that would not want to be outed not wear it i think its that simple

racquel
06-15-2007, 05:11 PM
A fish such as a Sword Tail as they can change gender.

I really like this idea.A lot of Christians use a fish symbol as an identifier so most people who see it would just assume they are followers of Christ.Those who know would feel free to initiate a conversation.:D

Peggy55
06-16-2007, 11:21 AM

Or a necklace and a small music player charm for "CD".

Sheri 4242
06-18-2007, 02:37 AM
what if someone picked up one of the necklaces from somewhere thought it was nice and started wearing it not knowing what it meant and another cd came up and introduiced themself and whatnot and the person wearing it not knowing what it means freaks out and tells everyone

Kimmi,

First, cute name!

Second, as I said in an earlier post, there is always going to be some accidental revelations. The Masonic Order (F&AM) guards their secrets with incredulous zeal, yet there are non-masons who have found out the rituals and the meanings of the symbols.

IMO, if we're going to do this -- and I think we should -- we have to expect and accept that from time-to-time it is going to get out. The good news is that even when things like this have been revealed, it usually doesn't go far. I can't explain why not, but I know this to be true, dating back to what is considered the first secret societies (those of Isis and Osiris).

With some groups, there is a certain way to answer a question that helps weed out enterlopers. Say you were a member of XYZ and somebody asked you if you were a member. If you said "sure," or "yes," or "yep," (etc.), well that is incorrect (I am thinking of a real organization, just calling it XYZ). BUT, if you answered, "Yes, I most assuredly am," well that is the correct answer that you are taught. Is this foolproof? NO! Would something similar help in a scenario like you presented? Yes -- but it isn't a 100% guarantee. It is going to get out from time-to-time.

Joyciecd
06-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Transpitt girls have no problem with this, at least in our club. We have a very tastefull pin that we wear that clearly identifies us as CD club members. I always wear mine when I am out and about dressed. There are so many of these small-type pins around that no one has ever asked me what the pin is for. Only Transpitt, and hopfully other girls are in on the know.

ErikaLeigh
06-18-2007, 08:06 AM
And if you see someone you think is TG and not sure, Just ask them "Do you know Karen Hutton?" :D

Kitty Sue
06-19-2007, 04:14 PM
I agree Frankie and Wendie a Sea Horse would be cool.

Frankie-Dear
06-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Another cool one would be a chrysalis pendant. If such a thing could be found or made....

Andi
06-20-2007, 01:57 AM
And if you see someone you think is TG and not sure, Just ask them "Do you know Karen Hutton?" :D

Great idea Erika, except maybe it should be a little more like "Do you know my friend Karren H.?" :happy:

Sheri 4242
06-22-2007, 01:55 AM
So, here is how it should go . . .

Wear a small sterling replica of a compact disc (CD) -- and engraved on it TGKHL (The Genuine Karren Hutton Label).

You see somebody with this on, so you specifically say, Have you heard Karren speak?

Reply: I adore the comedic stylings of the Genuine Miss Hutton.

CONFIRMATION APPROVED!!! :tongueout

Rachael
06-22-2007, 04:25 AM
Now we're getting somewhere. Wear a replica of a CD whether as a pin, a pendant or a ring any should be acceptable. Rather thann outright asking "Are you CD?", use a code such as "Do you Know Karen H". There could be a recognisable reply such as "Do you mean Karen Hutton?" This would remove any doubt. That is unless some sad sole has taken the trouble to read through this thread just to out us!
Incidentally does it matter whether we are TG, TS or heterosexual dressers?
I myswelf am a happily married hetero and couldn't care less who I talk to.

:love:Rachael

Sheri 4242
06-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Now we're getting somewhere. Wear a replica of a CD whether as a pin, a pendant or a ring any should be acceptable. Rather thann outright asking "Are you CD?", use a code such as "Do you Know Karen H". There could be a recognisable reply such as "Do you mean Karen Hutton?" This would remove any doubt. That is unless some sad sole has taken the trouble to read through this thread just to out us! Incidentally does it matter whether we are TG, TS or heterosexual dressers? I myswelf am a happily married hetero and couldn't care less who I talk to. Rachael

Excellent, Rachael!!! Especially the way you formulated the word affirmation! No, as far as I am concerned it shouldn't matter if we are TS or heterosexual CDers. Like you, I am happily married to a wonderfully supportive wife!!! To me, this would just be a recognition system to help faccilitate meeting "our sisters" and, in turn, be able to more quickly cut through "hemming and hawing" so that we can talk, have a cup of coffee, whatever!

battybattybats
06-22-2007, 05:40 AM
use a code such as "Do you Know Karen H".
I found this sentance a little disturbing as it reminded me of the line from John Carpenters horror film 'In the Mouth Of Madnes' "Do you read Sutter Kane"...

Of course these things would help for those of us on the net.. the rest would still miss out.

bobi jean
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Some super Ideas, but I feel whatever design it ended up being, it would need to be patented and we would need at least two designs.
1. recognizing the fact that I AM A C/D'R
2. recognizing me as a c/d'r and that if you see me wearing this it is ok to approach me as I then will know that you are c/d friendly because only members of this group are allowed to own one of these patented designs.

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-13-2007, 09:41 PM
wouldn't it be great is there was such a thing? We could instantly recognize one another in public without wearing name tags. If you can come up with a method, sign me up!
Hugs

Cindi