PDA

View Full Version : some advice please (restrooms in public places?)

cute_michelle_cd
06-14-2007, 04:51 PM
HI all, I am going to the true colors concert on sat in boston. I will be dressed and my wife will be going with me. We have gone out together while I was dressed and had alot of fun shopping. but the question is what if I need to use the restroom? we were close to home last time so it wasn't a problem. I think i look good. last time I had no issues. the SA's refured to me as miss and no real bad looks. and we went to two malls and then to dinner at a resterant. im just a little uneasy about being 2 hrs from home and needing to use the restroom. or anything like that. just some advice as what others have done or do. I will check back later.
thank alot :D
michelle

rose382832
06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
do what every lady does, take your wife by the hand and head off to the ladies room together. that way you have safety in numbers and can still gossip about that wonderful dress you both saw.:heehee: truly that is the best way, go together.:hugs:

Dixie
06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Use the ladies, it sounds like it should not be a problem.

When in Rome.......:drink:

Alice B
06-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Use the ladies room and pick a closed stall. If you don't say anything, who will know.:hugs:

gmss
06-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but Dixie, you must be really thirsty - in most of your posts, you're :drink:

:D Actually that reminds me - trip to the local brewmeister next up on my agenda.

Just a random thought: if you are cute enough to pass, then I'd' say choose the ladies room. If on the other hand, it's obvious you're just a guy in a dress, then I'd say choose the mens.

Were it me; I really don't know which I would choose. Can be a tough call.

cute_michelle_cd
06-14-2007, 08:56 PM
I appreciate the advice. any more???

Alex!
06-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Yup - ladies room. Using the men's room is obviously more of a problem. I understand the angst initially, but it makes sense.

Kate Simmons
06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I always use the ladies room Hon unless there is a unisex room. Never had any problems yet. Either way, I don't linger. Go in, do my "business" and back out.:happy:

Holly
06-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Use the restroom of the gender you are presenting. Be sure to remember FFF (feet face forward :D). Take care of your needs, wash your hands, and return to your seat at the concert.

Stacy GG
06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Tour 2007
The Human Rights Campaign has joined forces with legendary performer Cyndi Lauper to launch a national tour in support of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender equality. The True Colors 2007 Tour will feature Cyndi and other incredible artists including Erasure, Debbie Harry, The Dresden Dolls and Margaret Cho as well as a variety of special guests, including Rufus Wainwright in certain cities. In addition, HRC will receive a portion of every ticket sold.

I went to the true colors concert website quoted above. I have to wonder why you are concerned. Truly dear if you pass no one, I mean no one will care, and if you don't I doubt they will care even then. Just my :2c:. Either way hope you enjoy the concert! :heehee: wish I could go :)

Krystenw
06-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Since I have pretty much stopped dressing up like a guy, I will look for a family restroom but if I can't fine one, I just use the Ladies room.
I was at a buffet last week and the urge hit me and not even thinking about having on a skirt suit and makeup I walked into the men's room. The guy that was there said Excuse me maam I think you're in the wrong bathroom, I just smiled, made a hasty retreat and went to the ladies room.
In fact the last few times I have had to go my wife has reminded me that I am in a dress and to use the appropriate room.

susie evans
06-14-2007, 11:41 PM
ladies allways use the ladies room :heehee:

susie

Sheri 4242
06-14-2007, 11:50 PM
The best choice is if there is a "family" or "unisex" bathroom. If there isn't, then follow Rose's advice:

do what every lady does, take your wife by the hand and head off to the ladies room together. that way you have safety in numbers and can still gossip about that wonderful dress you both saw.:heehee: truly that is the best way, go together.:hugs:

I mean, think about high school and college -- how many times did several "of the girls" go to the bathroom together?!!! Like you've been advised, get your wife to go with you, get in, get out, no big deal (act like a lady though -- you're going to have to sit *ahem*).

(A'hhh, to be in Paris!!! My first trip there we went to this large department store, and low and behold, the bathroom was unisex!!!)

(Added suggestion: don't :drink: too much before or during the concert!!! Sorry, Karren -- should have let you had that shot!!! LOL!!!)

Joy Carter
06-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Just drove to Chicago recently dressed. I stopped at three different service plazas and no one said a word. So by your post it sounds like you won't have a problem, given peoples reactions to you. Look at my avatar.:eek: It will give you courage LoL

ArleneRaquel
06-15-2007, 01:01 AM
If I need to use a facility when out and about and I am enfemme I always use the ladies room, so far after two years no problems. Once, while I was "fixing " my hair, a lady complimented ( she was about fifty ) me on my Beautiful Red Hair. When she first addressed me I thought that she was going to scold me for my " immorality ", so I was very pleasantly surprised and thrilled by her kind words, I was actually blushing. :love: & :hugs: Trina - I will Never Stop Being Amazed

Sally24
06-15-2007, 05:29 AM
I go out in the Boston area all the time and always use the ladies room when dressed. Both Boston and Cambridge have local ordinances that give you the right to use the room of your "displayed or presented" gender. so don't worry on your appearance!

Enjoy the event!

Josephine 1941
06-15-2007, 05:47 AM
Hi Michelle, If you can pass going out with your wife to a mall an dinner no big deal. You as a man can not go into a rest rm for women but as you look good now an can get by your own fears, go for it. I had the same problem one night in Ct my girl freind an I were in the Ramada Inn for a bingo game ,I had to go an she did not. So of I go had to walk thur the lobby to the rest rm , after getting in an finding a stall did like all us girls do sat down. First give away is if they hear the tinkcal, second is hearing the real girls talk never join in. Last is to remember to touch up your make up on the way out .

Josephine

MJ
06-15-2007, 08:28 AM

rose is right go in with your wife

[QUOTE=gmss;903444]Not trying to hijack the thread, but Dixie, you must be really thirsty - in most of your posts, you're :drink:

thats why she needs to use the ladies room :heehee:

Use the restroom of the gender you are presenting hun you will be ok

JoAnnDallas
06-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Last year at HEF2006, we had two lady bathrooms reserved for us. I used one myself, but later in the evening, some of us were in the bar and I had to go, so I used the ladies room in the bar. That was the first and only time I have used a ladies room where anybody else that might be in the rest room may not have been a CDer.

cute_michelle_cd
06-15-2007, 04:44 PM
thank you all very much. you all made me feel real good. I was just a little nervouse and now im not. I will go and just have fun. and make sure i sit and leave. i really appreciate all the great stories of your times out and about.
michelle

Rita B
06-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Nobody will ever make anything of two women going to the ladies room together. . . nuns do it all the time:D

Rita B

Emma England
06-16-2007, 03:55 AM
I was en femme in a department store last week.

Went to the ladies.

As I was going in, one woman was coming out. We just smiled and acknowledged each other.

A female cleaner was in the room.

I just carried on as normal.

Kristen Kelly
06-16-2007, 05:38 AM
I use caution to where I use the restroom, but when I do I go in like I belong there, confidence rules, I do what I have to do (with my feet pointed in the correct direction) wash the hands, quick check of the makeup and I'm out of there. I feel pretty good lately; out to dinner enfem to the local Chili's I felt I was invisible, no looks, no giggles, or whispers. Today was the best I was out shopping in Target after work in “drab,”(no Make-up) women’s low rise jeans, a blue micro fiber Champion Tee shirt, small hoop earrings and sneakers, an hour drive from work had to use the restroom, on my way threw the door a women says, “Yo miss that’s the men’s room”, I smiled and said “Thanks”. Now my hair is brown, below the collar highlighted, with auburn and blonde, have been apprehensive to go out with out the wig but I think it will happen soon. And I Have, I'm loving it with the Summer heat so cool, look like a soccer mom but it's still growing.

Phyliss
06-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Happened to be in the local mall on Thursday, with my GG sister and another "sister". Had to "go", they didn't. Oh Great, a "solo trip" to THE room. Headed down the hallway to it and noted a sign "Closed for Cleaning", turned and began heading for the other end of the mall where I knew they had another one.
"Ma'am, oh ma'am, he's finished you can use it now." Took a second for the comment to "sink in" They were speaking to me. BINGO!!!!, check off another "merit badge".
Went in and headed for the end stall, (reason, I'd only have to worry about one side of it.) (Did what I needed to do with FFF, "feet facing forward") While in there I heard three "others" come in. Kept quiet and went about my business.
When I exited, quick finger wash, and a brushing of my hair. Like I'm supposed to do, left and was smiling to myself the entire way back to where my sis and "sis" were sitting waiting for me.

gmss
06-16-2007, 11:10 AM
After reading all these posts, I'm changing my mind somewhat about this.

It makes perfect sense to use the restroom of the gender you're presenting.

julie w
06-18-2007, 01:23 PM
using the womens washroom is not without risk , if a girl says to her dad
there is a man dressed as a women in the wash room he may go into protective mode , I am very careful using the ladies room ,as for malls
they are private property so they make the rules and those want a be cops
security could give you trouble ,I dont want to sound negative but I think its
the most risky thing we do when out dressed . so do you home work and
check out the washrooms and see if there is handicaped unisex washroom
before you go dressed . have fun but take care

Kristen Kelly
07-14-2007, 07:39 AM
using the womens washroom is not without risk , if a girl says to her dad
there is a man dressed as a women in the wash room he may go into protective mode , I am very careful using the ladies room ,as for malls
they are private property so they make the rules and those want a be cops
security could give you trouble ,I dont want to sound negative but I think its
the most risky thing we do when out dressed . so do you home work and
check out the washrooms and see if there is handicaped unisex washroom
before you go dressed . have fun but take care

:iagree:

I do as you say as much as I can but when all else fails CONFIDENCE RULES
Act like you belong there, It works

ashlee chiffon
07-14-2007, 08:42 AM
use the ladies room! if you're dressed and in the men's room, you're SO much more likely to have an ugly scene *possibly physical* develop from some uptight redneck you might run into in there. Your wife is there to watch the door and can have a signal for you if someone else is in there or coming in ...to wait before exiting the stall...work together on this one with her and you should find it a breeze!

trannie T
07-14-2007, 06:44 PM
I went to the women's room once, couldn't find the urinal.

Denise01
07-14-2007, 11:00 PM
If you are out dressed fully femme and need to use the necessary room, always use the ladies room. Remember to sit to do what you have to do, fix your make up and hair, but do not linger there.

Last Year I was in a restaruant and needed to use the restrooms very badly.
The waitress just came along to see if I needed anything, and I asked her where the rest rooms were.
She directed me to the back of the room which i was seated in, and said it was the first door on the right.
When I got there, i kind of wondered which one she had told me about, and sure enough, it was the Ladies room

I am told that I pass very well, in fact had one GG tell me, that if I had not told her my self that i was TS, she would have not believed any one else.

Common sence is the best guiding factor, and if there is no uni-sex rest room available, i will use the ladies room

Denise

Michelle (Oz)
07-14-2007, 11:26 PM
I always use the ladies restroom but heed the cautions of others. It is the riskiest part of being out en femme particularly if there are children around. If anything they are more likely to say something out loud. I use the restrooms of the "better" stores rather than public facilities where possible.

If there are ladies around I fiddle in my hand bag for my hair brush to keep my head down. It may not excude confidence but it has been a safe way of using the ladies.

Thankfully I have had no trouble using ladies restrooms on an average of 3-4 times per week at malls, picture theatres, restaurants and airports.

Michelle (Oz)

stephanie100
07-15-2007, 03:01 AM
ladies no question about it I went in the ladies just last week No one said a word I felt great only problem was I was in male mode at the time. CDing does get a girl confused.