PDA

View Full Version : Humorous Excuses for buying Femme Items

Jocelyn Quivers
06-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Humorous Excuses for buying Femme Items

While buying makeup a few days ago, at the self checkout I was remembering the good old days before self checkouts, existed, and some of the hilarious excuses I would give for buying femme items when I was younger.

Example- while buying pantyhose. My response to the cashier. “Oh I need these for physics class, yea for that science experiment when you put an egg in a box and drop it from the top of a building, these(pantyhose) are to act as cushioning to help prevent the egg from breaking."

What other humorous excuses has anyone used in the past when buying femme items while in drab mode. Jocelyn

prettywithsideburns
06-14-2007, 07:44 PM
my dominatrix told me to.

ArleneRaquel
06-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I do not have any humorous excuses that I have used when I have bought Femme items and checked out at the cashier. I never offer a reason, and I buy Femme while in drab about 50 % of the time. The great majority of my female purchases, however, are on the internet from Sears, VS, Frederick's Secrets in Lace, and NewPort News. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Sensational in Pantyhose.

Kate Simmons
06-14-2007, 08:28 PM
When I bought nail polish remover, I used to tell them I used it to take the glaze off of plastic pipe before I glued it. No lie, really, I do use it for that.:p

marie354
06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I remember one time buying a teddy, asking if they could gift wrap it for my girlfriend. Another time when I was buying a dress, I told them about a girl that insisted I buy her a new dress every time she cane to spend the night. I've used that one many, many times.
:hugs:

When I bought nail polish remover, I used to tell them I used it to take the glaze off of plastic pipe before I glued it. No lie, really, I do use it for that.:p

Interesting Sal, Does that work better then pure acetone?

Jodi
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
As one who worked the floor at both New York & Co and The Limited, I can say that you may use any humorous excuse you want to use, but you are not fooling any experienced SA. To understand this, you have to be on the SA side of the coin. You might fool an 18 year old who has been on the job for two day, but the experienced SA's find it humorous when a lame excuse is used. SA's are there to assist and sell. If you have the money, they will sell you the entire store.

It is best to be honest and tell them that the purchase is for you. This works the best when you are looking for something specific and the SA approaches to help you. If you are buying a makeup item or pantyhose in a store. There is no need to give any excuse when at the register. Just smile and buy it.

When shopping for clothing or shoes, take your time, and let the SA assist you. That is what they get paid to do. Forget the excuses.

Jodi

rose382832
06-14-2007, 08:50 PM
funniest time in a store , i went in to buy a dress for my wife as a xmas pressent and the girl that was helping me asked me if i was sure it would fit me? i told her that there was no way it would but was sure it would fit my wife. she just smiled and nodded her head.( i wear a size 8 my wife wears a size 18, the dress was a size 18.) you would think that an experienced sa could tell the diff.:bonk:

Jocelyn Quivers
06-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Just thought of some other excuses I used in my early days, before I knew about cross dressing, and I thought I was the only that did this.

1. Pantyhose- Yea I need these so I can make a stocking cap for my hair so I can get waves in my hair.

2. Pantyhose- I need these for football, so I can stay warm.

3. Nail Polish- I make model airplanes as a hobby I can't find this color in paints at the local hobby store.

I know the sales associate could see right through my excuses, being that why would I need about 6 pairs and different colors, and brands. Jocelyn

trannie T
06-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I look them in the eye and tell them the item is for me. I usually get a positive reaction, the sales associates appreciate the honesty.

Daintre
06-14-2007, 10:36 PM
When I was younger I had it all worked out, I went into a ladies store and talked to a SA, told her I needed some nylon panties, she asked if they were for me, I blushed, said yes and told her That I was allergic to cotton and got a rash from cotton shorts....She was very professional, but I thought at the time that the panties I was buying sure had a lot of lace on them.

DianaGomez
06-14-2007, 11:19 PM
When I was younger I had it all worked out, I went into a ladies store and talked to a SA, told her I needed some nylon panties, she asked if they were for me, I blushed, said yes and told her That I was allergic to cotton and got a rash from cotton shorts....She was very professional, but I thought at the time that the panties I was buying sure had a lot of lace on them.
Oh dear, where to start? For my Grandmother, mother, sister, wife etc etc. For a costume party, "dont you think I'll make a woooonderful tv???" etc etc etc.

Tanya83
06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
First time I bought a pair of heels...Told the cashier they were for a bachelor party prank!

Joy Carter
06-15-2007, 12:27 AM
I won't tell you all the lame excuses I used. Now I just buy what I want and be done with it. I bought a slip recently and the clerk told me "you have one lucky girl who will be getting this." I replyed "yes she is." :D
Still can't bring myself to buy bras. What's up with that one ?

Hermione Simpson
06-15-2007, 12:42 AM
when buying outer wear, i just tell the SA that it's for a female relatives birthday, but my most humorous excuse is when i brought some tights i said i needed them to make a fanbelt for my car, but the thing is i don't drive

Echo Logical
06-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Went to a payless shoes to buy my first pair of heels. Was a bit embarrassed and asked the SA for help and advice. Told her that I had lost a bet with my wife and she decided I needed to walk a mile in her shoes.

OC-crossdresser
06-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Went to a payless shoes to buy my first pair of heels. Was a bit embarrassed and asked the SA for help and advice. Told her that I had lost a bet with my wife and she decided I needed to walk a mile in her shoes.

I LIKE THIS ONE!

i used to say the normal its for my gf LOL

BUT one time i was at a VS with dad and his GF well she dad picked up a pair of panties and the SA said "cute is that for you sir" i LMAO (in my mind) cuz his son was the crossdresser he would NEVER lol...still funny...i wish she would of asked me LOL

Jamie001
06-15-2007, 02:16 AM
There is no reason to make-up excuses. Whenever I buy pantyhose or other items, I never make excuses. The sales girls at Nordstrom are very helpful when it comes to selecting pantyhose. Just talk to the sales clerks and be yourself. If you act like a scared bunny, they will think that you are strange. It is very important to accept yourself and not make excuses for your behavior. I beleive that is the first step to true freedom and as Lovely Rita would say "not being confined to the box".

Jamie :hugs:

Sheri 4242
06-15-2007, 03:21 AM

Yep -- that's a really good one!!! I love the shock value sometimes, and that one certainly fills that bill!!! I've used it a few times and love to observe the reactions!!!

Other times that I use "shock value" is when the SA sets it up. I had picked out a skirt in The Gap once, and a SA came up and said I had good taste and could she help me find my wife some tops to go with it. I looked her straight in the eye and said, "what makes you think this is for my wife, why can't it be for me?!!!" Well, after she regained her composure she said, well, may I help you find some nice tops for you to go with your pretty skirt. I said yes and it was a great shopping experience!!! (Seriously, this was one of my best ever shopping expeiences!!!)

I've always looked at it like this -- if you're giving excuses, often they are going to seem very transparent b/c if you were buying for your wife, why would you be giving excuses. The SA's know (like Jodi said, above)!!! ((( You should have seen the look on the face of an SA at Victoria's Secret a few weeks ago. I took several bras to the counter and the girl asks if I want/need a gift receipt. I say no thank you. She proceeds to explain that with a gift receipt, my wife can bring them back and exchange them without the actual receipt. Well, I ws in one of those moods, so I just looked at her and said, my wife buys her own bras, and I buy my own -- these are for me and I know my size!!!! She turned as red as red could be!!!! )))

Another line I like to use that usually shuts things down really fast is as follows: SA says, with a slight smirk, hey, that skirt will look good on you, hehehe! To which you say, I certainly hope so, or I agree 100%!!! Or, ask a 'em a question: do you think this color suits me???

The bottom line: they know; most really don't care -- they see it all the time; some actually really like it --- so HAVE FUN & SHOP TILL YOU DROP!!!

karynspanties
06-15-2007, 05:08 AM
I never felt nor do I feel the need to explain anything to a cashier or anyone else. What is the big deal? Find what you want and take it to the register and pay for it! Who flippin' cares........Why is everyone so concerned about what poeple think when purchasing femme items? They don't care...they just want the work day to be over and could care less about you or what your buying.

Raychel
06-15-2007, 05:55 AM
I don't generally buy fem items alone. Usually my wife is shopping with me. But the last time that I actually did. It was a nice black dress. I was standing at the cashier sweating bullets that would take down an M1 tank. Just trying to think up something to say if needed. The cashier rung up the items, carefully folded the dress and put it in the bag. Then took my money and said "Have a nice day" end of story.

Moral to the story, They don't care what you are buying. They are doing their job, just trying to get to the end of the week for that pewny paycheck that they get.

MichelleSanders
06-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I bought nail polish once and used the excuse that it was the perfect color for the model airplane I was building. I couldn't think of any excuse when I returned a week later and bought an eyelash curler.

lindsaycd75
06-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Ive always had an excuse ready if any one said anything, but I have never used it. I just find my stuff pay and leave.

Annesah
06-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Experienced SAs' know for shure. A good one can "size you up" at a glance and match you to what you buy. Anyway, as someone mentioned earlier, some SAs' actually enjoy helping you. A bit different on a boring day. BTW that goes for bras too. I don't think I'm fooling anyone when a buy a 36A!

Dixie
06-15-2007, 08:49 AM
When I bought my first pair of shoes by myself, I told the SA at Payless that they were for me and that I was going to a Drag Party, she didn't even bat an eyelash, just showed me where the 12's were and said if there was anything she could do to help just let her know. While I was deciding which pair to purchase she came back and checked on me, and said the ones I chose would look really qute on me.
Another time at VS I was actually there to purchase a Bra for my wife, when the SA asked if she could help me I told her what size I needed for my wife and the style and color, she got it for me then asked if there was anything else that "I" would like, and I said Oh I don't think you have my size here. She just smiled real big and said, "I'm sure I kind find something that would fit you", and then she smiled again and winked at me.

JoAnnDallas
06-15-2007, 09:13 AM
I remember years ago, in electronics, we used to use a substance that would lock a control so that it could not accidently move from it;s setting. This substance was very similar to nail polish. Well one day we ran out and one of the lady assemblers suggested we try nail polish and supplied hers. It worked so I went down to the local drug store and bought 6 bottles of bright Red Nail Polish. I remember getting a quizly look from the checker and I told her it was for our electronic work. Guess she bought the explination, even if I did keep one bottle for myself. LOL BTW, the nail polish was cheaper that the stuff we bought from the electronic store.

Janailene
06-15-2007, 10:28 AM
I was buying a long leg panty girdle and said it was for my Mother. HOW LAME.

Well the SA called out to another lady in the back of the store something to the effect "hey, there is a young man out here who wants to buy a girdle for his Mom. HA! HA! The size is perfect for him." OMG was I embarrased as two other shoppers looked at me. Well, in for a penny in for a pound. I was already red and running out would do no good. For some reason, I called out that yes the girdle was for me and since they knew that I also wanted some bras and panties. I then turned to leave the store. There were titters but the manager in back said, " fine, be sure the bra and girdle fit properly. See if he wants to open a charge account for future purchases." The other shoppers went back to their shopping and the SA stopped me leaving, apologised for embarassing me and asked if I had a brand choice.

I shopped there for years after that.

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 11:02 AM
First couple of times buying frilly undies, I've been mortally embarrassed. But if there's one thing I despise, when I see it in myself, it's cowardice. I walked into an exclusively womens' store, some weeks ago, and I was browsing. They had some nice lingerie, and a lot of nice dresses. I was the only one in the store, and finally, when I was just making my way to the door, a rather matronly SA came up and asked how I was doing. I replied, ".... Confused...." and quickly fled the store. Cripes.

Now, if an SA comes up and asks, I have vowed that I'm going to look her straight in the eye and say, "Yes. I'm a crossdresser. Can I try these garments on, please?"

Screw it... What's the worst that can happen? A little laughter? A funny look? They aren't going to haul you to the back room and beat you with rubber hoses, or call in a gang of skinheads. LOL

katie_n
06-15-2007, 11:30 AM
I don't say anything and nobodies ever asked. I do wonder if they suspect though when i'm feeling really nervous and my face is probably bright red :).

Mariela
06-15-2007, 11:44 AM
I dont use excuses most of the time. They dont ask, i dont tell. Simple as that. When some SA aproaches me to help me, i usually tell them i want a present for my girlfriend for a special night. The sizes are the difficult part, but hey couldn´t she be a little fat? Usually the SA are very helpful!
Thats for lingerie and hoses, when it cames to dresses its a little bit tougher... Here women sizer are very small and there is hardly any mail order sales, so i have little and nothing at all.

prettywithsideburns
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
I wear a black suit, sunglasses, keep two fingers to my right ear and say "sorry sir/ma'am, but I am not at liberty to discuss the presidents personal habits."

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 12:02 PM
I wear a black suit, sunglasses, keep two fingers to my right ear and say "sorry sir/ma'am, but I am not at liberty to discuss the presidents personal habits."

:lol: :thumbsup:THAT ROCKS!!!! :devil:

Mitch23
06-15-2007, 12:52 PM
I've used that one - and it was true!!!!

Mitch

espaniola
06-15-2007, 01:55 PM
The only time I've had the guts to buy feminine clothing in a store, in front of a cashier, was less than a week ago.

I bought at the same time, two boy's size 10 underwear T-shirts, and one girl's sort of "training bra", size 10 also, and a super-sexy sort of panty-short for girls, size 10 as well. The cashier just said "look, what a beautiful item, it's so cute", referring to the panty-short. That was all. I was ready to say the items were for my little nephew and niece, both of them who supposedly were about 8 years old, but it was never necessary to say that, because I wasn't asked anything.

By the way, all items fit me very well, so I think I'll go again and buy some more. Somebody above commented she can't buy bras, and I understand that, It's easy to make it look like you're buying for your niece or young sister, but if you buy a super-feminine bra, or a frilly baby doll or anything super-feminine for grown women, it's very difficult to pretend it is not really for you.

sparks
06-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I won't tell you all the lame excuses I used. Now I just buy what I want and be done with it. I bought a slip recently and the clerk told me "you have one lucky girl who will be getting this." I replyed "yes she is." :D
Still can't bring myself to buy bras. What's up with that one ?

I went into a discount bra store and bought one. The girl who was younger and didn't want to get off the phone rang it up. She said "All sales are final."

I looked at her and said "Hon. I won't be returning it."

She blushed super bright and I had a really cute lace bra. No damage done.

Another time I was shopping for my wife and I picked out a blouse for her. It was early in the realtionship and I didn't know what style to by. Looking back I think it was a little granny-ish. When I went up to the ttill the SA pointed out they had panties on sale and I said that I didn't like buying them cause alot of the SA's think they are for me. she gave me an ear to ear grin and said "What if they are...."

Really here I am seriously trying to pick out clothes for my wife and I get this.

No I didn't buy panties they were definitely granny-ish. But if they had some lacey ones. Yeah I woulda made the clerks night.

Generally I never make excuses I just buy'em. But as I always state here in this small town where literally my neighbors are the ones at the till. I have to watch my step.

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 03:00 PM
I live in a small town too, but live within 20 minutes of two much larger towns, so it works out. (That, and the blessing of the Internet, of course) My next big step, will be going with my wife tomorrow evening, to shop for skirts, blouses, dresses, hosiery, and shoes. LOL

rachel_rachel
06-16-2007, 08:14 AM
I've been told a few times that i have good taste, My reply to that was, "yeah i like it too" And secertly thinking it better fit me.

cosmolovesph
06-16-2007, 08:46 AM
I used to bring a "shopping list" that "the wife gave me".... but now either i just get what i need and go on or we (me and wife) get what I/WE need..

But i do remember pulling the "I lost a bet" line....

celeste26
06-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Joanne that was called Loctite or Glyptol either one was used to stop adjustments from changing. I remember the same thing, using nail polish for that, it worked and was much cheaper.

KandisTX
06-16-2007, 09:54 AM
In all honesty I no longer use excuses as I have embraced my femme side as a part of the whole person. I go into the store, find what I'm looking for and make my purchases. SA's no longer really try to "chit-chat" with you as they did many years ago.

However, there was one time I went into a rather "upscale" boutique (resale, but with really good quality), in La Mesa CA and asked the sales lady about knowing what size dress to buy. She asked me about my wifes measurements and I looked her in the eye and said well, actually it's for myself. She stepped back a little, looked at me and walked me straight over to the size 16 rack and helped me pick out some nice ones and even directed me to the dressing rooms to try them on. Talk about an exhilerating experience.

Kandis:love:

Stephanie-L
06-17-2007, 01:08 AM
One time when I was treating myself to a new lipstick the SA joked that it would be a good color on me. I replied that I hoped it would look good on me and she seemed a bit shocked (she was young, maybe 18 or 19) and asked if it really was for me. I of course said yes, and we got into a little discussion on CDing and makeup. I shopped there often and she would give me advice on makeup etc. I was a bit sad when she quit working there. Stephanie

prettywithsideburns
06-17-2007, 01:20 AM
all jokey answers aside, this is what I actually did yesterday:

act too nervous for them to dare ask about it.

aka.laura
06-17-2007, 03:33 AM
Looooong ago as a student I bought a pair of high heels and told the sa we needed them for gait-analysis, video, medical purposes. I went into so many details and kept on blabbering, turning redder and redder, she didn't believe a word. When I paid for them, she told me she would like to see me wearing them with silk stockings...I should have asked her out instantly but I was utterly shocked...never went back again

Tallie
06-17-2007, 06:41 AM
If you are buying a makeup item or pantyhose in a store. There is no need to give any excuse when at the register. Just smile and buy it.
I see no reason either to give a reason why you are buying something at the register. The person there is only interested in completing a sale. You are not there to make friends. And why do we need to offer excuses to a SA if we do not need to? We are there to buy and they are there to sell. Women have been buying men's underwear for their husbands for a long time and nobody questions it. So why can't men buy clothes for their women?

I am not ready to tell a SA that the clothes are for me but I am comfortable shopping in women's departments. One SA thought I was a good husband because I spent a lot of time carefully picking out several panties. She thought I was getting them for my wife. After all, a man could be buying clothes for a disabled wife or one who did not have the time to go shopping.
Tallie

Frankie-Dear
06-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Went out shopping last night, with my wife. I found a couple of skirts that I liked, a blouse, and a bra. At the register, I lost my nerve and left my rather petite wife to ring up the clothes we'd picked out. She said she was fine until it came time to ring up the 40C brassiere. She said the gal at the register sort of raised an eyebrow, because there's no friggin' way that thing would have fit my wife. I apologized to her... LOL

Shopping for shoes was interesting... NOTHING in my size. I take a 10.5 in men's, so... A 12-wide in women's. The highest size, in most places, is an 11. I finally found a pair of sandals in Walmart, of all places, in a size 11, that (mostly) fit me, and match the outfit I bought. Yeesh.... LOL

Jocelyn Quivers
06-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Reading a number of post I forgot to add this to the first post. In addition to life before self checkouts, also remember before the internet came into widespread use, before most of us even knew that other crossdressers existed.

Yes, now most of us, me included feel confident enough to not need excuses, 12 years ago when I just turned 18 it was a completely different story. Which is why when I was trembling shy, awkward confused person I would have to give some type of humorous excuse for why I was buying a pair of pantyhose. :oJocelyn

Mikala0589
06-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Whenever I buy my thongs, thigh highs, bras, etc.... at target, I always pretend I'm on the phone w/ my gf so that they cashier thinks im buying it for her. I act like she's in the store w/ me and I tell her to come up front and meet me at the car. I dont care if they believe me or not. I actually get turned on thinking about whats going through their head when I have XL or L thongs and bras. Fun times.....

Gina_darling
06-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I find it amusing you have all told SAs why you are buying things! I have always just walked in, chosen what I liked and and then paid for it! No-one has ever asked me why or who for so I have never volunteered the information!

I do wish I had a funny excuse to share with you, wait...I do but not used it yet. If someone asks why my arms are smooth I want to say its because smooth arms are easier to clean after being up a cow's backside (even though I wear the long gloves!) :heehee:

KimberlyS
06-20-2007, 05:03 PM
As far as humorous excuses I used the boring ones of for my Girl Friend, Wife, Her. Currently I do not use any excuses for the SA's and just buy. It is also would be hard to use any excuse if I am the one trying it on. Around home if I ever ran into someone I knew I would say it was for my wife and it suddenly would be. Lucky we are about the same size.

Early on, more humorous would have been been me moving about the department trying to look and find something I wanted and in the right size with out being seen. You know the old "Just Looking", but checking out the rack of blouses over and over and over. Or "Just browsing" yet I had circled the rack of bras I was at 25 or more times already trying to stay out of sight of the clerks so they did not see me there. I am so glad I have learned to just go in and shop. You know something the clerks no longer watch me like a hawk wandering if I am a pervert there to touch or steal some bras.

I would say the most humorous excuse I ever used was actually true. My wife last year picked out hers and his victorian gowns for halloweeen. When at a Victoria Secret store looking around one of the SAs asked if they could help. I said just looking at first, then said yes you can. I think I first surprised her by saying yes. She asked what I was looking for and I said: I had a victorian gown for halloween and I was looking for a bra that could give me some cleavage as that would look good with that gown. And off she headed towards one of the racks. I followed and said, as you can see I do not have much to work with. Yes I was in male mode. She paused and looked back at me as I do not think she caught the "Give me" part earlier. She said, I think we can find something. We were then deep into her picking out several models and styles for me to try on.

I was not using it as an excuse at the time. But looking back at it i sure chuckle at it.

JenniferR771
06-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I am usually comfortable with no comment, and sometimes I even enjoy telling the SA I am a CD.

But two years ago I told the girl that I had bet with my wife on the Superbowl and lost.

And before that, I had to wear a dress for the charity fashion show at the golf club.

trannie T
06-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Do any of you actually think that anybody believes your "excuses?"
Do you need an excuse when you fill your gas tank?
Do you need an excuse when you buy dog food?
Do you need an excuse when you buy a hamburger?
Then why do you need an excuse to buy a pair of panties?

angelfire
06-20-2007, 10:54 PM
My first time buying panties, an SA approached me, and I told her it was for my girlfriend. I bought pantyhose once before and just blurted at the cash that I do video work, and pantyhose make cheap light diffusers (which they do, our professor told us to suck it up and go buy a pair, not that its why I bought them).

Most of the time they don't ask, and I don't tell. Once had a cashier say "Thats a really nice skirt." and I just kinda smiled, I was already embarrassed enough, but she was nice. Couldn't think of anything to say.

Today the cashier said after I bought some stuff "If you're looking for anything else, men's is upstairs." I just "alright, thanks" and left. Pretty sure I've seen him there a few times before anyway.

Jocelyn Quivers
06-21-2007, 09:50 AM
Do any of you actually think that anybody believes your "excuses?"
Do you need an excuse when you fill your gas tank?
Do you need an excuse when you buy dog food?
Do you need an excuse when you buy a hamburger?
Then why do you need an excuse to buy a pair of panties?

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. The purpose of the thread was more a reflection of when people first started dressing. Yes being in my 30's, married to a supportive wife, and having done this for so many years I don't need excuses. It was different when I was just entering college at the age of 18.

Back then I did not have confidence to walk into a department store to buy a matching bra and panty set that I do now. I also thought I was the only guy that did this. Being this was the early 90's and I did not have access to the internet to even find out what the word cross dresser was. Which is why I would make lousy excuses to give myself the confidence to purchase those items. Jocelyn

cindi51
06-21-2007, 01:12 PM
I agree with the "why make excuses" posters. Why do we need to explain any purchase we make? Its just a simple transaction where we give them money for mechandise. And it is the reason they opened the store in the first place, to sell merchandise. We have the option of shopping many places so they usually just take the payment and say thank you.

I think we worry too much about what will they think. Just make your purchase like it is no big deal and it will be that - no big deal.

I may have no experience at wearing my female clothes in public, but I have been buying them for many years with no explanations offered and no problems buying whatever I want to.

Priscilla Ann
06-21-2007, 02:42 PM
I saw a pair of white heels in a shoe repair store for sale. I walked in and asked the woman how much. She said $5. I told her I'd take them. She said, "These are mighty big shoes." I said, "Don't tell anyone but they are for me. I am going to go home and put them on and walk around the house." She didn't say anything else.

loki_uk
06-21-2007, 04:18 PM

Lol sometimes that really is the truth

Marla
06-22-2007, 10:46 AM
I used to make excuses but now I just buy what I need and love to watch the reaction.

Samantha B L
06-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I used to use some very insipid excuses while shopping for femme items. Most of the time I would tell the SA's that it was a present for my Girlfreind,or my Mom,or my Sister or Aunt. I had a GG freind when I was about 20 who I would cling to nervously while out shopping for femme stuff and I would frantically tell her to "tell the saleslady it's for you". Sometimes it was "here's my cash and I'll stand back while you go through the line and buy this". She got sick of me finally and she told me that,really,I could buy anything I wanted and I didn't have to explain myself to strangers waiting on me who probably live 30-40 miles from the Mall or department store and won't ever see me again and don't know me anyway. So that was the beginning of my shopping "openly". Nowadays,I usually offer the clerks NO explanations or excuses. About 3-4 years after all this happened I had a wonderful experience at a wig store when they asked me if I would be "wearing out" a wig I was in line buying. They were offering a protactant spray for rain and snow. That was a nice experience. They made no pretense at all that the wig in question was for me.

JoAnnDallas
06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I used to make excuses, then the other week, I walked into Walmart, picked out a skort and matching top set, earrings, neckless, shoes makeup, and a watch. Went to the checkout, placed everything on the counter. the checkout girl looked at the skort and top and remarked aobut how pretty the outfit was. I'm sure she had to know I was buying for myself. Acted like men buy fem outfits everyday. All I did was thank her and that was it. Most SA's don't care nowadays.

terrilynn
06-22-2007, 12:21 PM
If an SA asks me about my purchases now, I just tell them the truth. But before I was able to admit it, I would tell them I messed up some of my wifes things doing the laundry, and needed to replace them. That seemed to work ok, and several women said they wished there hubby's would do the same.:D

Terrilynn

Kathleen Ann Trees
06-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I use to do the normal "it's a gift for my wife or mother." Many SA's offer kudos because most men won't try to buy clothes for their women folk. Occasionally, some SA's would hint it was for me "too bad you can't try it on for her..."

Lately, with the confidence I have from all of you, I don't care anymore. I just go about my business and if they ask, I say it's for me. In April, it was near tax day, and I was out shopping at the mall. Went to a dress shop and they asked what was the occasion. I said I wanted a dress to do my taxes in. We laughed about that and proceeded to find a nice "green" one!

Kathleen