PDA

View Full Version : Shaved my legs...

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
No photos yet, but last night, I shaved my legs.

It didn't get off to such an auspicious beginning, though. LOL

I started out with my beard and mustache trimmer, just trying to shorten the hairs. Then I got in the shower, washed with soap and water, used a liquid shave lotion called, "Shave Secret," (which kicks ass, by the way!), and started shaving. The razor kept clogging. One stroke, rinse. Another stroke, rinse. Ugh... I rinsed off completely, got out, dried off, and then used my sideburn trimmer to shave down to stubble. (also shaved my chest and pits) Then I got back in, re-applied the "Shave Secret," and began shaving again. MUCH easier!!!

The floormat in front of the mirror, where I initially sheared the wool off of my legs, was FULL of hair. I cleaned that up promptly. Then I applied a post-shave moisturizing cream that I usually use for my face, and after that, a baby oil lotion moisturizer. I still have some slightly stubbly spots, but not bad... My legs look, and feel, WONDERFUL!!! I should have done this YEARS ago!!

Pulling on my jeans this morning was.... Wow... Really nice! Hee hee... I'm going out, tomorrow afternoon, with my wife, to shop for outerwear. Last night though, she asked, "You're not going to become a fruitcake, are you?"

WHAT??? LOL

I assured her that I wasn't becoming a fruitcake. Cripes... :rolleyes:

JulieC
06-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Last night though, she asked, "You're not going to become a fruitcake, are you?"

WHAT??? LOL

I assured her that I wasn't becoming a fruitcake. Cripes... :rolleyes:

"No dear, Just an apple pie" :lol:

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 11:58 AM
:lol:

prettywithsideburns
06-15-2007, 12:03 PM
congrats! now dontcha just wanna get out the ol Slip n' Slide now?

Mitch23
06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Well done - just done it myself for the last 2/3 weeks - like you i wish i'd done it years ago - nice smooth and slippy, great with tights. Opposition from Wife has died down now that we have compromise - I can shave to mid thigh to avoid the poor babe being prickled! Way to go!

Mitch

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 12:56 PM
congrats! now dontcha just wanna get out the ol Slip n' Slide now?

Yeah!! Oil that mutha up with baby oil and... WHEEEEEEE!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks, Mitch. I fully plan on keeping up the shaving regimen, even if I ever decide to quit CDing. It feels wonderful.

JoAnnDallas
06-15-2007, 04:08 PM
I have been shaving my legs, chest, arms, and under arms for over a year now and I still love the feel when I put my slacks on. Also when I have a chance to dress up, the feel of shear nylons on my smooth legs is heaven.

racquel
06-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Frankie,when the hair grows back you should consider waxing.Lasts a LOT longer and comes back in much softer.:thumbsup:
It only hurts the first couple of times:heehee:

Frankie-Dear
06-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Frankie,when the hair grows back you should consider waxing.Lasts a LOT longer and comes back in much softer.:thumbsup:
It only hurts the first couple of times:heehee:

Good grief, Racquel! I waxed my arms... Good lord... Maybe it was the kind of wax I bought. Any recommendations? Thank you.

racquel
06-15-2007, 06:00 PM
I use Persian cold wax on both myself and my wife.I do my entire body from the neck down and do her legs and underarms.It really is not bad after the first couple of times.:D
It took a lot of convincing to have my wife try the underarms but now she would never shave again.Try it and I'll bet you will be a waxer the rest of your life.

SandyR
06-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Congrats! I shave my legs daily, be careful 2-3 days after you might see some in-growns. I like to have my chest and back sugared.

SandyR

Denise01
06-15-2007, 11:04 PM
I have been totally shaved now for well over 2 years

I love the nice soft feel after shaving, and will not go back to the ucky hair that only a girl knows how good it feels to be rid of it

Denise

Chantelle CD
06-16-2007, 03:21 AM
I got a good laugh from your thread Frankie so funny.

Feels great to have skin again doesnt it?

I suffered from a bad case of ichy armpits for ever!! as soon as i shaved them the itch has gone away!! I dont go threw as much deoderant now too lol.

Hair is for apes, the hair on my chest was like 4 inches long and a lot longer under my arms EWWWWWW

Its the same feeling as if you had a beard for a long time, and you shave it off for the first time in a long while, i wonder if shaveing your head feels the same way, naaa forget that lol.

i tryed waxing my whole body for a while, but my hairs grow in so meny different directions i usuly break hairs off more than pulling them out by the roots, and i still get stubble, have to shave 3 or 4 different directions to get a close shave on my chest. I want to try and elipticator <spelling is off on this> its like a razor, but plucks the hairs out, that is gona hurt on my chest, cause there like little tree stumps atm hahah

Grats on becomeing a non ape <giggle>

Angie G
06-16-2007, 04:06 AM
IStoped for the summer but though the hell with it and started again :hugs:
Angie

Jolene
06-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Count me in with the rest of you here. Nothing like the feel of shaved legs. I do wonder why it is not more accepting of men to shave their legs? Besides the nice feel, they are easier to keep clean and to apply lotion when needed, a practical reason for men to shave as well.

Jolene :)

Monica Santos
06-16-2007, 07:50 AM
I am new here, but I have been shaving my legs for 2 decades because I am a athlete. I started CDing again 8 yrs ago. Ok, now...in the world of bike racing, triathlons, etc...everyone shaves their legs and upper bodies (Tri's for swimming). You get use to shaved legs and nobody really gives you "the look"...unless you live in the town of "Redneck", Georgia. No need to feel embarassed or awkward when wearing shorts as a guy.

yvonne10
06-16-2007, 11:52 AM
isnt it a great feeling having smooth legs ihave for the last 10 years

Veronica99
06-16-2007, 11:55 AM
I shaved my legs for the first time a month ago. Initially I did it due to my allergic reaction to bees - I had one get stuck in my uber thick hair while cycling the other day. One trip to the ER later...Not fun. But I soon realized there are many benefits to shaving ;). And if anyone asks I just tell them that I'm a cyclist. No one has asked me yet...

However, after about a day, the pain of my hair growing back was quite annoying. I have quite thick hair (and lots of it). I tried an epilator recently, with limited success. I don't seem to get the smooth finish on my legs as I want to. They feel particularly rough when I go against the grain. I don't shave against the grain as that caused lots of pain (and blood) the last time.

Any suggestions from the experts?

Wenda
06-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I have been shaving for a couple of years. When I first shaved my legs I had a lot of razor bumps. I then replaced the head on my Mach III shaver and used Aveeno shaving cream. I shave from my nose to my navel every morning, and touch up my legs as well.
I have tried waxing with results ranging from bad to awesome. If you shave daily and detail on the weekend, it is just part of your daily routine. I don't wear shorts as much as I used to, but I don't even think about it, and can't say I have ever gotten any looks. If you take notice, a lot of men have very smooth legs, shaven or not. The Sasquatch legs are more likely to get the second look than the smooth ones. w.

KandisTX
06-16-2007, 05:08 PM
There is NOTHING that compares to the feel of a brand new pair of L'Eggs Sheer Energy Pantyhose against freshly shaved legs. Gotta love that feeling.. (I've been shaving mine for the last 20 years)

Kandis:love:

janicelittle
06-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Yes, feeling smooth is wonderful. Like you, I didn't realize how wonderful it was until years passed. I think my last GG really disapproved even when I only trimmed my legs with my mustache clippers. You're very fortunate to have such an accepting SO. I like to shave (or trim) close everywhere. It has practical advantages. No more pinching when I sit down. Socks are more comfortable. Satin PJ's don't get all full of electrostatic charge and cling. The best reason though is I like the way I look so much better. I bet everyone here agrees they look better without fur. Ha. I like the mustache trimmer for my private parts. I don't have to worry about itching a couple days later as long as I leave a little something there.