PDA

View Full Version : Transition in so many ways :)

claireswife-gg
06-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Thought I'd share an update on our move from our little redneck town to the eastside of Atlanta.

Well, the chaos is subsiding after our move to Atlanta last week. Claire has been living pretty much full time at the house and it looks like life might be finally settling down. I have to say we're loving Atlanta. Claire was able to go out en femme tonight - complete with using a pushup bra with her own physique instead of using breast forms as augmentation. This was a huge first time experience. We had a lovely evening, including going to the Outwrite Bookstore and getting a new book (Head over Heels). Claire's energy is changing and the constant tension she was carrying is finally dissipating.

We drove by the Star Bar, where apparently Twinkledome was happening tonight, but decided to stay a little low key tonight. So instead, we hit a quiet Starbucks in Little 5 Points, which promptly filled up with people. Claire was a little nervous at first, having really only ever gone to LGBT friendly places en femme before, but when nobody gave her a second look she settled in.

After Starbucks, we drove over to Barnes and Noble, just to walk around for a few minutes in another general public place. Again, nobody gave Claire a second look.

Tomorrow we plan on hitting the zoo. We had planned on buying a year's membership, but we found out that you have to present your card plus an ID when you get in. The only picture IDs Claire has right now are in the name of James with a male picture. So we're going to talk to a manager tomorrow and see if there is anything they can do, as Claire really wants a membership in the name Claire, as we were planning on the zoo being a safe place to go for outings for Claire to practice her photography skills.

After the zoo tomorrow, we're planning on coming home for a bit, then heading back out for coffee again and more just being out in public time. I'm looking forward to it, because I love being out with her in our own town and not having to hide. The plan is that now she can go ahead and start living full time, which is incredibly exciting :D

Annie

Holly
06-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Annie, I am just delighted for both you and Claire. It couldn't happen to two nicer people :hugs:.

Kate Simmons
06-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Sounds nice Annie. I'm happy for the two of you.:happy:

Siobhan Marie
06-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Annie, I'm so pleased that things are working out for the both of you.

Lots of :love: and :hugs: to you and Claire

:hugs: Anna x

claireswife-gg
06-17-2007, 08:04 AM
We are really loving Atlanta. We ended up having a great day. I posted at length on my blog about it. It's so wonderful to have Claire just be Claire here!

GypsyKaren
06-17-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm very happy for you both, and I hope it continues to go well for you.

Karen Starlene

CindyFinalyFree
06-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Congratulations on the move. I'm glad Claire is getting on so well. I'm sure Claire tells you regularly how appreciative she is of your support and efforts. If not, tell me where you live and I"ll pay here a 'friendly visit'.... (j/k) But seriously. Thank you for being you. Knowing there are supportive partners out there is one of the things that helps me in my journy.

On the whole 'going out' thing, in your new home town.... I can only imagine how exciting and fulfilling this must be for Claire. Nothing helps build confidence more. I'm happy for both of you in that things seem to be going smoothly. Again, congratulations, and may your obsticles be few and easily overcome.

:love:
Cindy

ChristineRenee
06-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Very kewl Annie...congrats to you both! :happy:

Sharon
06-17-2007, 03:32 PM
The move to Atlanta sounds great, Annie, but it is hardly a redneck town, although the same can't be said that far outside the city. :heehee:

I hope it continues to go well for both you and Claire. :happy:

ClaireJ
06-17-2007, 04:32 PM
The town we used to live in was a HUGE redneck town. :)

Thanks everyone for the kind wishes. I'm exhausted this weekend already.

Sally24
06-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I am so excited for the both of you! Being in a metro area is so great for the TG because it's generally much more open than a small town (redneck or not). I love your blog as it is almost like being there. Have fun with the simple things because that is one of the things I find most enjoyable about getting out. Even just running errands or stopping for coffee is more fun en femme. I know Claire has the harder road to travel than a CD like myself but I envy you in many ways. For all my successes I am and will always be a part timer. It's great, but sometimes the thoughts of being full time appeal to me.

As far as the Zoo membership and other similar things are concerned....You might consider what I did this week. I ordered a State Photo ID (not a drivers license). I felt I needed an ID that had my female face on it. My drivers license picture still has my full beard on it and I look about 10 years older than Sally. I didn't try to fudge any info, didn't try to change my gender maker. I only wanted an official ID that matched my face when out en femme. They were so matter of fact that it was startling. I had my whole story ready in case they started asking questions but didn't hardly even have to speak!

Well good luck to you two and the doggies. I hope you continue to love Atlanta. I have heard good things about that city.

http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/id-cards.php

Jenna1561
06-17-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm very happy for the two of you. It's nice to read about Claire getting out and about in mainstream America. I wish you both continued happiness and many many fun outings.

I love the zoo, but haven't been to one as Jenna yet. I see a new short-term goal for me; thank you for the inspiration.

Jenna