PDA

View Full Version : Femme gifts for Father's Day?

MsJordan
06-15-2007, 11:29 PM
Though its never happened to me, I wanted to know if any of you ever received femme gift items for father's day?

Joy Carter
06-15-2007, 11:34 PM
A nice white casual purse would be nice. But I know that won't be happening.:o

Angie G
06-16-2007, 04:18 AM
No hun :hugs:
Angie

Sheila
06-16-2007, 04:22 AM
I don't see why not, if your kids know and are accepting

Mitch23
06-16-2007, 06:32 AM
'Fraid not but I live in hope!

Mitch

Kelsy
06-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Now wouldn't that be wonderful. Understanding and supporting children saying we love you for who you are. It's a dream! My kids don't know and they love me for who they recognize me as being. I would never take the chance of lossing even that much.:sad:

Jennifer

Trish
06-16-2007, 06:38 AM
I get fem gifts from my wife for Christmas, my birthday and fathers day. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Slip Affinity
06-16-2007, 07:12 AM
I would be ecstatic if I did but I know it won't happen.

Wendy me
06-16-2007, 07:33 AM
not going to happen .....

Raychel
06-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Never got any fem gifts at all. :(

christina marie
06-16-2007, 08:36 AM
birthday and fathers day always lumped into one for me,always gifts considered appropriate for in front of kids, but this year found a little bag on my pillow with a couple of nail items and a pink lace thong inside! Guess she still knows how to make me smile.

Kristen Marie
06-16-2007, 08:44 AM
My birthday and Father's Day are the same this year. I am hoping for something....but I acknowledge in advance...it's not happening. But I'm still holding out hope.

Tamara Croft
06-16-2007, 08:47 AM
I don't mean to put a downer on this thread... but let's get with the program already.... it's 'FATHERS DAY'... not enfemme day, not dress up day, not girly day.... This is when your children, celebrate you are their DAD!!!! It's one day of the year, just one... and all you can think about is getting fem gifts instead?? Sorry, but I think that is so selfish :mad:

marie354
06-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Oh wouldn't that be wonderful! Probably never happen though.

I can't wait to see who posts here tomorrow and tells what they got, if they did.
:hugs:

Kieron Andrew
06-16-2007, 08:50 AM
I don't mean to put a downer on this thread... but let's get with the program already.... it's 'FATHERS DAY'... not enfemme day, not dress up day, not girly day.... This is when your children, celebrate you are their DAD!!!! It's one day of the year, just one... and all you can think about is getting fem gifts instead?? Sorry, but I think that is so selfish :mad:
:yt:i totally agree

Sandra
06-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Whether your kids know and accept or not you should be happy for any gift they give you and you shouldn't want it to be a fem item.

I was talking to our daughter yesterday who totally accepts her Dad and I asked her if she'd got a card sent off she said yes and then went on to say how hard it was to choose one, because all those she looked at were too masculine, now if thats not accpetance I don't know what is.

marie354
06-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Whether your kids know and accept or not you should be happy for any gift they give you and you shouldn't want it to be a fem item.

I was talking to our daughter yesterday who totally accepts her Dad and I asked her if she'd got a card sent off she said yes and then went on to say how hard it was to choose one, because all those she looked at were too masculine, now if thats not accpetance I don't know what is.

That's a very good point. Even something as simple as a card can get a bit complicated with special knowledge of a father's persona.
:hugs:

rose382832
06-16-2007, 10:17 AM
my two girls gave me books, fishing tackle and legos for fathers day.i could not have been happier.i'm not rose all the time, most of the time i'm daddy, ( no they are not alowed to play with my legos, they have there own.)i love them for the fact that they accept me as me. no hiding from them cause they are always under foot and never pass judgement on me.:happy:

susiej
06-16-2007, 10:54 AM

Well, Tamara, don't beat around the bush, tell us what you really think :) !

Obviously, it makes a difference if the kids in question are little or grown up; perhaps Tamara is picturing a 7-year-old child giving her dad a camisole for Father's Day. Eeeeuuuuuuhhhh :eek:.

However: I, as a certifiable father, have survived 17 Father's Days so far, in which I have been given, for the most part, gifts that I don't need or want, chosen for my daughters primarily by Macy's and Home Depot ads on television. Barbecue sauce. Socket wrenches. Outrageous ties. Don't get me wrong, I am always touched by the love my daughters have behind the gifts. But even if I weren't a closet TG, I'd still feel that the gifts themselves are an acknowledgment of somebody else's idea of masculinity and fatherhood.

Thus, Father's Day for me has always been about being a square peg shoved [lovingly] into a round hole (or, hmm, the other way around -- never mind, let's not develop that metaphor any further :D !!).

IMHO, when kids are little, parents' birthdays and Father's/Mother's Day are not really about honoring the parents; they are primarily about teaching the kids to honor the parents. It sometimes requires a bit of a performance, and we must do our duty (and as I say, bask in the love behind the sometimes-goofy gifts).

In my imagination, I fast-forward 10 years to the time my girls are in their late 20's. In the unlikely event that I'm "out" to them by then, can I imagine getting a camisole for Father's Day? Yes, indeed, what a treat it would be, because they would be showing me they love me as I really am, and giving me something I truly would enjoy.

Or, maybe they'd compromise and give it to me on Mother's Day :) .

Hugs,
Susie

Sheila
06-16-2007, 12:52 PM

Sndra give yor Daughter a huge :hugs: from me and wish Nigella happy fathers day from our crowd here

Happy Fathers day to you all :hugs: & :love:

edited to add

owwwww by the way M got his Fathers day present about 2 months ago ........ he wanted a new driver or something along thoe lines . he chose it I paid for it and young one worked of his debt washing dishes etc :D:D

Jess

MJ
06-16-2007, 01:06 PM
i wish i could get something for fathers day .. but my children can't see me like this .. so again this year nothing ..
just a hug and a i love you daddy would be so nice ... i would fall apart but it would be nice

Wenda
06-16-2007, 02:10 PM
My kids, aged 20 to 31 know and are fine with it, but even my son who also dresses, doesn't want to be with me en femme. I have always been dad, and they consider Wenda as some sort of distant relative. wenda.

Sally24
06-16-2007, 05:06 PM
it's 'FATHERS DAY'... not enfemme day, not dress up day, not girly day.... This is when your children, celebrate you are their DAD!!!! It's one day of the year, just one... and all you can think about is getting fem gifts instead?? Sorry, but I think that is so selfish :mad:
Sorry but I can't disagree more. If you have a mother that is into sports are you going to get her a needlework kit? If you have a Dad that is very traditional are you going to get him speedos or a very bright tie? At least once your an older kid, and most wives also buy fathers day gifts, you try to get a gift to fit the person. If you're out to your immediate family then it is reasonable to at least hope for some non-macho gifts. They are celebrating the fact that we are the other parent. They are not celebrating that we are male (that's just a requirement for the job). And if we can't at least think a little selfish on OUR DAY, when can we?

Not sour grapes as I got a pink top, a black hankerchief hem skirt, a pink jeweled metallic top, and a new pair of pumps during Fathers Day shopping today from my wife and daughter. This so rocks!

susie evans
06-16-2007, 09:45 PM
tamera
i will tell my daughter on you she bought me makeup for fathers day :heehee:

susie

Krystenw
06-16-2007, 10:05 PM
My wife's lady friend used to sell Mary Kay products and My wife and daughter asked her if she would teach me some basics about applying makeup. She took my trowl but said I still managed to get it on just a tad too heavy.
Although it didn't bother them. My wife got me a new pair of Capri's and a pair of shoes and my daughter got me a couplel tops to go with the Capris. Then all four of us went to the mall and shopped for a while, her friend bought me lunch at the food court and I bought us all tickets to the movie.
They may have done all this on the day before Fathers Day. but I enjoyed it just the same.

Karren H
06-16-2007, 10:15 PM
In my dream's Jordan!!! lol So school out for the summer?? Haven't seen you online lately??

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
06-17-2007, 05:17 AM
You're kidding right? I openly acknowledge being a man and a Father and embrace that. Why would I expect feminine gifts? Personally, I don't expect any gifts. My greatest gift is knowing my children turned out okay and I did the best I could by them. As far as Fatherhood, I wouldn't trade that for all the tea in China.:happy:

Kelsy
06-17-2007, 05:34 AM
[QUOTE=Sandra GG;905598]Whether your kids know and accept or not you should be happy for any gift they give you and you shouldn't want it to be a fem item.

QUOTE]

I'm just happy to spend time with my children , that's gift enough for me!!:happy:

But:heehee:I would get more use out of a lacy thong than a neck tie--
just kidding!!

Jennifer:D

Michelle04240
06-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Such strong emotions on both sides of this fence.

I think it would be great to get a femme item and an "I (still) love you" from a child. Nothing wrong with making dad feel the love on his day. But hey, satin PJ's or a screwdriver.. no matter, I'll enjoy and use either.

JD Jade Dream GG
06-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Well, I do agree that it is FATHERS DAY...however, even though our children do spend the day making their dad feel special...I get to also show my appreciation fo him being the father of my children.
I bought him the cutest little white lace thong, and he got to wear it tonight for me, after the kids were in bed. Do I think he is selfish for this? NOT AT ALL. I think that this is an opportunity for me to thank him for being the wonderful father that he is.

Nothing is taken away from the day, as far as the kids go. They get to show him thanks in their way, as do I

Billie1
06-17-2007, 07:40 AM
I'm certainly hoping so! (Because I've gotten femme gifts for every other gift-giving holiday)

Hmm ... A Sawz-All and a new bra and panty set. A perfect Day!:D

ErikaLeigh
06-17-2007, 09:21 AM
I got myself a femme fathers day gift yesterday, a french pedi. :heehee: pics in the gallery as soon as I get time to upload them.