PDA

View Full Version : A special time

Gina_darling
06-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Hiya I am so happy and content at the moment I need to share this with you all. I have come out to my family and given them time to adjust to it without pushing them I think. Anyway since returning from uni for the summer holidays I have been able to be dressed in front of them. They now accept me as Gina full time though they still call me by my male name (it would be strange to hear my female named used by them). It was so nice to be sat at the table eating dinner with everyone and be treated like a normal girl. I still work as a man and will probably continue to do so but that bridge can be crossed when I am ready for it.

So coming out can be a good thing, but I am very lucky and very thankful for such a supportive family! To those who have a difficult time my heart goes out to you and I hope everyone here can be the support we all need.

Gina xx

Diannna
06-16-2007, 10:57 AM
WOW GINA!
That's just huge. You are so fortunate. I'm sure a large burden was lifted off your shoulders. I'm sure there are +'s and -'s to all that. But the best of luck to you girl.
Hugs And All,
Diana

Holly
06-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Gina, you must have a wonderful family. I'm glad everything is going so well!

Shelly Preston
06-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi Gina

Great news

Its good to hear you have such a supportive family

Mariela
06-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Gina, thats great!!
Even if they are having a hard time, they really accepted who you are, not treating you with deference!!
Congratulations!!

Mitch23
06-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Its really encouraging to hear that Gina, what a great feeling to have the warmth and acceptance of a loving family

Mitch

Chantelle CD
06-16-2007, 04:29 PM
That is so great!! There are some parents in this world that are accepting people, my mom is not one of them, all she would do is put me down, and say, that is just not right!! I'm so happy for you, that you have parents like that :) dont get me wrong though, i do love my mom, she is just what she is, and for her own reasons, but stubborn as a bull, and unwilling to see others points of view.

KandisTX
06-16-2007, 04:55 PM
That is wonderful news Gina. I know the feeling of finally gaining acceptance from family. Look for my post soon on that aspect of my life. :love:

Kandis

Angie G
06-16-2007, 08:36 PM
that's great Gina you must have a great family hun I glad for you :hugs:
Angie

susie evans
06-16-2007, 09:25 PM
you have a very wonderfull and supporting family you are very blessed :hugs:

susie