PDA

View Full Version : Caught

Alice B
06-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Yesterday I had a doctor appointment with my doctor. I've known him for some time as he lives close to me. My appointment was a simple follow-up on how I'm doing with my blood sugar control. After goiung through my medicine regiment he suddenly told me to take off my shoes & socks to test the feelings in my feet. He has never done this before and my toenails are painted at the moment. A dark red. Needless to say I was totally flustered, but did as he asked. He said to think nothing of it and went on with his exam, but I don't know what to think.:o

rose382832
06-16-2007, 02:44 PM
maybe bright red toenails are a sign of good health?:heehee:

DianaGomez
06-16-2007, 02:47 PM
If Doctors wanted to write a book about the strange things they see and that patients tell them, well, it would be a BIG book! Garanteed he's seen a lot more than painted toenails before, unless he's fresh out of Uni.

MJ
06-16-2007, 02:49 PM
try getting a sun burn and show your bra straps :D but my doctor know about me now for 3 years... and my biggest supporter

Mary Morgan
06-16-2007, 04:52 PM
I would say that you should just relax. What difference would it make anyway. I told my doctor during my first visit that I was a crossdresser so as to remove any future issue for both of us. So you have pretty toe nails. I'll bet he has seen things that would curl those toes. Not to worry. We tend to put too much on ourselves. Enjoy.

KandisTX
06-16-2007, 04:53 PM
I can't tell you the number of times I have been at the Dr's office and they have wanted to give me a shot in the hip and well, since I have worn only panties and pantyhose for the last 20 years... ;) Though none have said a word to me about it, but I am sure there was some conversations after I left.

I did however go to one of my therapy appointments after my ex-wife left me as kandis, she was quite accepting and totally understanding of it. It was one of the best sessions I had with her.

Kandis:love:

Alice B
06-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Well I guess I should not worry about it, but it has to effect how he sees or thinks of me. We talk about diving, surfing and golf all the time as well as how his kids are doing. I have always had shaved legs so maybe I should just out myself to him during my next appointment in September. I'll have to think hard about that.:straightface:

Lovely Rita
06-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Yesterday I had a doctor appointment with my doctor. I've known him for some time as he lives close to me. My appointment was a simple follow-up on how I'm doing with my blood sugar control. After goiung through my medicine regiment he suddenly told me to take off my shoes & socks to test the feelings in my feet. He has never done this before and my toenails are painted at the moment. A dark red. Needless to say I was totally flustered, but did as he asked. He said to think nothing of it and went on with his exam, but I don't know what to think.:o

this is par for the course for him and your secret is probably very safe indeed. They have been around the block and proably don't even blink anymore.

gmss
06-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Hi Alice. I understand your angst. I suspect it wasn't so much that he saw your toes and began wondering that made the situation tense, but rather the fact that it was a surprise.

If you go out walking, dressed, you probably anticipate that people will see you at some point, so it's no big deal really. You can prepare yourself and figure out what to say (if need be.)

As opposed to a total surprise that you have to act on right at the moment (In this case, to show your toes.)

Lack of opportunity to prepare.

In any event, I would class doctors in the same category as police persons; in that in order to get to that level of professionalism, they will most likely be extremely empathetic and non judgmental. I'd say they also can be put in the "seen it all" category, which helps too.

I'd say you can chalk this one up to "a surprising, but good, experience." :thumbsup:

sandra-leigh
06-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Monday my back was pretty bad, so I went down the street a couple of blocks to a massage therapy place. As I knew some glute work would be involved, I changed into male underwear first -- but on the other hand, the fingernails of my left hand had bright blue nailpolish.

Wednesday, I was able to make it back to work, but after sitting less than an hour I couldn't take it anymore, so I went directly from work to the same massage therapy place. This time I was wearing high-hip microfibre panties. At that point I really didn't care about my secret getting out; I hurt too much to care. The therapist (a different one, but whom had probably also seen my nails the other time) didn't say anything; she just asked if it was okay to move "these" to do the muscle work. (She had to get pretty deep! Yieee!)

These people are fully licensed, complete with a box on the patient form explicitly granting them permission to contact the patient if necessary -- i.e., fully covered under the provincial patient confidentiality act. Maybe they'll gossip amongst themselves, but I feel confident that no identifying information about me will leave the office.

Rita B
06-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I was in my doctor's office last week ( she is female from India) and had her check a rash under my armpit. Now with all the surgeries I have had and the antibiotics that I have had my testosterone levels must be low because except for a beard on my lip and chin, I have very little hair. Anyways, she prescribes an ointment and tells me to stop shaving ( under my arms) until the rash goes away. I said, "Doctor, I do not shave under my arms). She gave me a grin and said you would be surprised at the patients that she sees.:D

Rita B

janicelittle
06-16-2007, 07:32 PM
I agree with the general sentiment here. Most doctors have "seen everything" and won't be fazed by finding out about CDing or a little unusual body adornment. Like you, I was concerned, and for years I had avoided shaving or trimming my legs or privates, partly because I was worried what other people like my doctor might think. As I become more accepting of myself, I find that I care less and less about such things. I've recently decided to keep myself trimmed. I'm just going to tell my doctor, or anyone else that has privy to my privates, that I don't like hair and prefer the way I feel and look without it.

Stephenie S
06-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Girls, relax! This is the proverbial "tempest in a teapot."

1.) He has seen it all before.

2.) He legally can't talk about it.

3.) He's too busy to gossip.

4.) So what? Why do you think he could possibly care what color your toenails are?

I see patients on a daily basis. All of the above applies.

Stephenie

Stephenie S
06-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Tess, I am having trouble imagining why you think that having the fingernails of one hand painted blue will signal to anyone anything other than that you have the fingernails of one hand painted blue. To me, that would just mean that you were one weird dude. Well, maybe just semi-weird.

Lovies,
Steph

sandra-leigh
06-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Tess, [...] you have the fingernails of one hand painted blue. To me, that would just mean that you were one weird dude. Well, maybe just semi-weird.

Thanks, now I finally have an appropriate signature for me! :heehee:

susie evans
06-16-2007, 09:23 PM
alice
i would not worry about it, are even say any thing my heart doctor know's about susie and we went to high schooltogether and his only coment has just been don't use chemicals for hair removal as it can cause liver issues with some people his wife has made several comments about how nicw my legs look for my age :hugs:

susie

Stephanie-L
06-17-2007, 12:55 AM
I agree with Stephenie-S. I also see patients every day, and have seen lots of strange things. I have cared for a few TG folks and the one thing that stands out was the Doctor insisting that they be treated correctly, even to using the correct pronoun for the presenting gender. Of course I wouldn't have a problem treating another TG, but those in healthcare who do are required by ethics standards to treat us the same as any other patient, and NOT TALK ABOUT OUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. This is actually federal law, unless you come in with a bullet wound or other evidence of a crime, they cannot talk to anyone about you. And as I and others have said, we have seen far stranger things. Ask any ER doc about experiences with removing objects from the lower GI tract for instance. A person coming in wearing items of clothing of the opposite gender, even fully dressed as such, is not really a big deal. Now, a nurse coming to work wearing clothing, makeup, etc of the opposite gender, well that's a horse of a different color. The only time a doc might make a note of it is if the wearing of the clothes is pertinant to the reason you are seeing the doc, such as a therapist dealing with gender identity issues or a plastic surgeon you are consulting for breast augmentation. Anyway, don't worry about it...Stephanie

Alice B
06-17-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks to all of you. My mind is at ease and my nails look great.:love:

trannie T
06-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Worry about your blood sugar level, that is serious. That is what your doctor is concerned about.

missfine
06-17-2007, 10:12 PM
I love my nails both toe and fingers done in red. I can't do fingernails during the week but toe nails i can do. The concern is the fear that something would require one to remove my socks. how would i explain my red toe nails? i admaire your attitude.
love you all
Fran

christina marie
06-17-2007, 11:12 PM
reminds me of first time had to drop my pants for shot at family doctor. nurse said "oh,thats a cute thong, I have one just like it" my face was as red as anyones toes! she and I talk about clothes every time i see her now!

Alice B
06-17-2007, 11:36 PM
The blood sugar is because I have type II diabetis. I have blood tests every 3 months to check liver and other functions, but I seem to have it under control. I have to take pills and one shot at night. It is serious because of all the many side issues it causes, but every day I get up and am looking at the grass from the correct side. I'm very active and in general very good health. But thanks for asking.:love:

Alice

gmss
06-17-2007, 11:54 PM
reminds me of first time had to drop my pants for shot at family doctor. nurse said "oh,thats a cute thong, I have one just like it" my face was as red as anyones toes! she and I talk about clothes every time i see her now!

:D lol !! Thats a cute story! :D

I love your signature too! :D

Billijo49504
06-17-2007, 11:54 PM
He is checking for diabetic neuropithy. I know I don't know how to spell it, but I know how it feels when it acts up, not a whole lot of fun. At it's worst, it's debilatating....BJ
ps I carriied Nitro and neurontin pills, just in case. The front 3 inches of my left foot are numb.

aka.laura
06-18-2007, 03:42 AM
Seems everybody agrees on this one ;o) The problem for health-care pros is, that they don't teach you how to handle such delicate situations. They try to teach you how to aproach fataly ill people and sexual harassment and so onat school but the best info you get comes from your collegues (and your own experience). Ofcourse we are not allowed to discuss our patients in such a way that they could be identified. But when you're working in a clinic (nearly) everybody knows whos who. It gets more difficult when said clinic is in a small town. There you go: keep your face neutral when you go to the butchers and the guy serving you is the one with the nice undies you saw last week and he turns redder and redder...I had my practise in a very small town about 20 km from where I live. I think this saved many people from many embarrasing situations.

karynspanties
06-18-2007, 04:56 AM
I have always had shaved legs so maybe I should just out myself to him during my next appointment in September. I'll have to think hard about that.:straightface:

You already did that when he saw your toe nails. No need to say anything else. I he wanted more info he would have asked.

JenniferR771
06-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Wife and I have same doctor. She told him and said that I was cause of her emotional upset. We discussed cd at my next appointment--and he said he would not write it down on my record for the sake of privacy. Very professional, I think he is slightly uncomfortable with the idea.

In emergency room for dogbite years later. I explained to the woman doctor why my legs were partially shaved. She commented that I messed a few spots.

JoAnnDallas
06-18-2007, 09:33 AM
I had my six month checkup and when I went back the next week to discuss the results, my doctor remembered that she forgot to do a prostate exam. I was prepare the first time, since I wore my drab underware, but when I went back for the results, I was wearing bright PINK panties. So turned around, dropped my slacks, panties, and bent over the table. She did the exam, said "OK you can get dressed now and btw nice panty color". That was all she said, end of discussion. So next time I go in six months, no more drab underwear. LOL

Mitch23
06-18-2007, 11:14 AM
I had my six month checkup and when I went back the next week to discuss the results, my doctor remembered that she forgot to do a prostate exam. I was prepare the first time, since I wore my drab underware, but when I went back for the results, I was wearing bright PINK panties. So turned around, dropped my slacks, panties, and bent over the table. She did the exam, said "OK you can get dressed now and btw nice panty color". That was all she said, end of discussion. So next time I go in six months, no more drab underwear. LOL
tee hee!

Mitch

Dixie
06-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I have a friend who is a surgeon and he has seen everything, painted toenails are nothing and I am sure he has forgatten all about it.

pointeshoes30215
06-18-2007, 03:02 PM
I went tody to have a sonna gram done on my legs. When the female tech came back in after I took off my pants, socks, and shoes and put on a large pair of paper shorts. She noticed my very dark tan on my feet and legs. She noticed the outline of the sandals I wear and asked what kind of sandals I wear, because my feet look like I had been wearing very thin T- strap thong sandals which I do. I told her the are called Tiddes and they come from Texas. I told her you can get them at Tiddes.com. They are just like flip flops but have a thin strap around the heel to hold them on. They are unisex sandals.

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-13-2007, 10:10 PM
your doctor is a true professional. His only concern should be for your health, not your appearance. It appears that this is the case. I envy you.

Cindi