PDA

View Full Version : Ain't no cure for the summertime blues

Nikki A.
06-16-2007, 02:59 PM
After reading the posts on how we need to show ourselves as a part of society maybe I have started to do my small part in the battle.
Been pushing the limits abit, a little mineral makeup in drab to even out the skin a little at work and a little very sheer pinkish color under a clear coat, just really makes the nails look clean not yellow. No one has noticed or at least said anything yet at work.
Home has been different, "the daughter" age 15 notices everything, the nails (told her that I buffed them and put the clear on thats why they look brighter), asked if the denim shorts weren't Mom's (they were) but they are more unisex than fem (pockets, no zipper and not very short). She knows that some of my jeans are women's (cause they fit better). I'm pretty sure she knows that ole Dad ain't quite right LOL.
Anyway wife has had her ups and downs and so I've had to stay around when not working. I want to make plans to get out for a few hours, but I'm treading a fine line with what she accepts and what would create a problem. She can accept (not like, and does not want to see me dressed ) me dressing when the two of us are home alone. Going out, except on Halloween is not an option for her. Even if I went out after everyone goes to bed, when I get home THE CANINE ALARM COMPANY will herald my arrival.
This started out as an email, but after reading it I felt that if I can push the closet door open a little and not get tarred and feathered maybe there might be someone else who could take a little step out and see how it feels.