PDA

View Full Version : A chesty situation!!!

Billijo49504
06-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Hi guys, I was wondering if you might have some idea to help me. I have this little problem, I have a 38C/ 40B chest. My doc says man boobs, hahaha! But when my t shirt sticks out in 2 places, it is embarasing. Anyone have an idea of how to hide those 2 protrusions, As a gurl, I enjoy it, but the rest of the time as a guy, I wish I could put them in a drawer, like a set of falsey's...Thanks in advance ...BJ
ps. Most of this started with a thyroid removal. But the thyroid Dr. say it's not his thing. I don't mind them, but I wish they would go away, on command.

susie evans
06-16-2007, 11:34 PM
a lot of girls would love to have your problem but i guess you could just were larger button up shirts :hugs:

susie

prettywithsideburns
06-17-2007, 12:18 AM
as I understand it, ftm's use ace bandages.

Dasein9
06-17-2007, 12:28 AM

Dangerous. Can give you pneumonia and mess with the ribs.

Try this site for gynecomastia products.

http://www.underworks.com/

I use the 997 double front compression binder because it's long and smooths the hourglass out. When they're new, binders can roll up a bit. Just stick with it and you'll break them in. The black ones from this site are a little stiffer. Don't sleep in them; pneumonia again. The ones with sleeves are difficult to get in. The ones that have hooks up the front are more obvious, but good if you expect to eat a lot -- I was grateful for one last Thanksgiving.

When I put mine on, I get my left arm and head into it, find the bottom edge, and work it out all the way around, then just smooth it down.

In the hot months, sweat makes it difficult to pull a binder down, so a bit of cornstarch shaken onto an old t-shirt and then applied to the torso makes it easier. Also absorbs the inevitable sweat.

ZenFrost
06-17-2007, 04:37 AM

Like Das said, we don't use ace bandages because they can be dangerous and cause a number of health problems. It's really best to buy an actual binder from a company that makes them specifically to be used as such.

The specific page with the chest binders on Underworks is http://www.underworks.com/ftm/

There are also a number of other companies that make good chest binders, a good resourse to check out is http://www.ftmguide.org/binding.html because it lists a lot of links at the bottom and has some general binding tips. Underworks however is usually the cheapest and many of us guys have had good luck with them. Also like Das was explaining, they can be a little tricky to get on at first, it just takes a little practice.

Adam
06-17-2007, 05:52 AM
as already said underworks is good and comfy too i been useing them for 2 years now everyday :D good thing is it just looks like a vest if you wear if under your shirt

Felix
06-17-2007, 06:27 AM
I use the 997 one from underworks they are good but I find I have to wear two now to get the effect I want cos I too have a rather large chest lol :o

John
06-17-2007, 08:24 AM
what they all said, plus I make my own binders, so if you want a meggar cheep version just pm me and I'll send you instructions.

Cai
06-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Right now I just use a tight sports bra and a pair of bike shorts with the crotch cut out. It makes a sort of v-neck shirt with short sleeves. On me, it covers nearly all of my torso (down to my waist) but on someone taller it would be shorter. It works pretty well, right up until to the moment when it doesn't, if you get my drift, so I have to adjust it occasionally.

I highly recommend one of the vests from underworks. From what I understand, they are the best binders out there.

joann426
06-17-2007, 02:00 PM
gee i bet 38s are nice to have but how about trying something tight arround the chest like strech rap it may be a little uncomfortable but it may work:hugs::hugs:

Cai
06-17-2007, 02:19 PM
gee i bet 38s are nice to have but how about trying something tight arround the chest like strech rap it may be a little uncomfortable but it may work:hugs::hugs:

If by a "stretch wrap" you're referring to anything in the line of an Ace bandage, don't do it. There are all sorts of bad health effects that can come from using an Ace bandage to bind - I've even heard of guys getting rib fractures from them.

Billijo49504
06-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks guys, I do have a wrap thing. I got it for some brolen ribs, but the Dr wouldn't let me wear it the next time I broke some ribs. Both times I broke them with a bad cold. The sever cough did the ribs in. And I just had a bone scan, not much bone reduction. So no ostoporosis. Any how thanks again, for the info. I'll check out the web site mentioned.
Tonight in a cami and skort, I don't mind them.:rolleyes:....BJ