PDA

View Full Version : nasty rumor

CharleneCD
06-17-2007, 08:36 AM
For those of you who dont know both me and my wife work the same shift on the same floor in the same hospital. Well last night she ran into another RN that used to work with us. They decided to share their lunch break. Durring the conversation this other nurse she tells my wife that she was told something about me from one of our coworkers. SHE WAS TOLD THAT I WAS A TRANSVESTITE.:eek: I am at a loss at how a rumor like this could have come up. I mean I have been known to wear a pink tinkerbell scrub top, and I match my earings to the colors I am wearing that night even when wearing pastels. But that doesnt make me a TRANSVESTITE does it?

The funniest thing for me is that Bunny is actually a bit peeved by the whole thing. She is not much for rumormongering and back biting amongst coworkers. My response is simple, with all of what I have been brave enough to wear to work I am shocked that it has taken this long for us to hear anything like this. I expeted something much sooner. Hey I know I push the limits. And yes I have fun doing it. And now the limits may be pushed more. Bunny is torqued and has said to me if they want to see a Transvestite we will show them a Transvestite. In other words she wants me to ramp up on how much fem I show at work. She is even talking about me wearing my forms. We will have to wait and see if she feels the same after a couple of days to cool off.

cute_michelle_cd
06-17-2007, 08:41 AM
YOU GO GIRL...
as long as it isnt going to mess up your home or work then go for it.:2c:

Marla S
06-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I mean I have been known to wear a pink tinkerbell scrub top, and I match my earings to the colors I am wearing that night even when wearing pastels. But that doesnt make me a TRANSVESTITE does it?
Oh, that's more than sufficient to get a label.
Gay doesn't work, because the know you are married. What's left ? .... TRANSVESTITE

But, because it doesn't need much to get stamped it doesn't matter when it is a bit more.

Hope it will work out fine, and you'll have fun ....

Kate Simmons
06-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Sounds like the potential to have a lot of fun with it Charlene.:happy:

immike
06-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Sounds like the potential to have a lot of fun with it Charlene.:happy:
Run with it,have lots of fun!

marie354
06-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Sounds like you are about to come out at work. Go for it girl!
:hugs:

Jenny Beth
06-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Ya think if you showed up to work in one of those sexy nurse costumes and stiletto heels your co workers would believe those nasty rumours??? :heehee:

Mitch23
06-17-2007, 09:17 AM
My my, what a terrible thing to say - just goes to show how those unfounded rumours can get around! You go girl!

Mitch

Andrea Nicole
06-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Sure ....

Frankie-Dear
06-17-2007, 09:25 AM
My answer to anyone who says something like this, is, "And what if I am? Who am I hurting?" But to hell with it: At this point, I'd be more interested in chasing down the rumor and finding out who started it. Failing that, (and after perhaps, clearing it with a supervisor, if you have one), I'd show up in full femme. I'm betting that, aside from a few snide comments here and there, the response will be overwhelmingly positive. :thumbsup:

celeste26
06-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Keep the heels at home though. The GG nurses wear low heels to save their feet and ankles from wear and tear and so should you. Everything else is subject to change though.

CharleneCD
06-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Michelle, we arent planning on being there much longer anyway (nothing to do woth this issue) so ....

Marla, Oh there is one or two who tried to push the gay label. Didnt go to far though.

Salandra, Mike, Oh I plan to have fun with it as long as Bunny doesnt rethink and change her mind.

Marie, I have never minded the thought of coming out. Buny's reluctance is the only thing that has held me back. Looks like that may have changed.

Jenny Beth, I like your thinking.

Mitch, :D

Andrea nicole, ????????

Celeste, I agree but I do have a pair of pink sneakers that will work.

Frankie, Its not worth the effort. I already have an idea of who may be involved. I know who the small minds are. But as for positive response, I thik I may get more than I might have expected.

Bunny made a bit of an issue with it last night. I had one person tell me that even it it was true she would think it was cool. And this was from someone I wouldnt have thought to be supportive. I have a feeling she might have a clue about me.

Holly
06-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Charlene, that's too funny! As much fun as it would be to play with the minds of your co-workers, I'm sure, being the professional that you are, that you will keep the care and comfort of your patient's first in your mind.

CharleneCD
06-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Charlene, that's too funny! As much fun as it would be to play with the minds of your co-workers, I'm sure, being the professional that you are, that you will keep the care and comfort of your patient's first in your mind.

You do bring up a good point Holly, and yes I am concerned about that. But I am thinking a simple story, ( OK outright lie) for the patients to explain what I am doing should work. Probobly the old lost bet thingy. Getting them involved in a coming out thing is something they do not need when trying to get well.

Dasein9
06-17-2007, 10:44 AM
What the ladies said!

And a big :D for you.

Sounds to me as though the RN with whom your wife spent her lunch break is a real friend. Is this the correct impression? You might want to hold on to her. Not a lot of people are brave enough to tell their friends when there are rumours about them going around.

Rachael Warren
06-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Don't worry Charlene, I have emailed your employer and told them straight that you are in fact a nudist.

They seem quite happy now with the way you dress for work. ;) :p

KandisTX
06-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Interesting situation you've got here. Though, if someone at my work told my wife this sort of thing, she would look them square in the eye and tell them. "You're wrong, he's a crossdresser, not a transvestite".

Kandis:love:

susie evans
06-17-2007, 03:30 PM
charleen
you bring up an intresting topic i actualy ran it to this on one of my many stay's in the hospital after one of my heart operations i was in entensive care and after a day are are so i noticed one of my male nurses was very well color corordinated so in talking i mentioned that the pink he was wearing looked nice and without even thinking he replied it matched his favoriate dress and shoes and i replied you must enjoy crossdressing he said yes but work is his main focus at this time he was very good at his proffesion and thats as far as it went altho his care was as good as i have recieved any where :hugs:

susie

MsJanessa
06-18-2007, 06:47 AM
you're a transvestite!!! I'm shocked!! lol

Frankie-Dear
06-18-2007, 07:36 AM
you're a transvestite!!! I'm shocked!! lol

SHOCKED!!! Simply SCANDALIZED!!!! OMFG!!!! :tongueout:heehee::hugs:

Emily Ann Brown
06-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Charlene hun......I am shocked that you have hidden this fact from me all these months......don't you know nudists have a high chance of skin cancer?

ROFLOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emily Ann

JoAnnDallas
06-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Charlene .........I for one would NOT want to be on the receiving end of your SO. LOL Oh I bet you and Bunny are going to have a ball with this? Just don't let her go to far OK. No going to work in a mini-skirt, tight sweater, DDD forms, and 6" heels.

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-18-2007, 02:28 PM
Charlene, are you sure it wasn't you that started the rumor just to push the issue? That's a great political move if you did! I would make the most of it now and have a lot of fun but make sure you keep us informed on all the "sordid" details.

Wendy me
06-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Charlene sounds like your the right tract with being a professional and thinking abought Bunny and your patients .... well done all else will take care of it's self ....

when you find out who started it .... have some fun with them go over and say i hear a rummer on the floor that you one of those transvestite people ...