PDA

View Full Version : what should I tell my mom

sissygirl101
06-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I want to confess i am a crossdresser and like to wear ladies clothes, please help me out on what to do and say and how to get her interested and pursuade her to let me be a suportive mom.

Marla S
06-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Hi,

I don't think there is a general 'How to'

If you started CDing young, than she might already know that there is something going on ... she is your mom finally.

I think you should tell some more details about you, otherwise we can't come even close to an educated guess what the best way could be.

MJ
06-17-2007, 06:11 PM
I want to confess i am a crossdresser and like to wear ladies clothes, please help me out on what to do and say and how to get her interested and pursuade her to let me be a suportive mom.

first tell her what you told us ... simple
second you can't force anyone to be suportive ... she will or she won't
also there are many threads dealing with this issue go read them

it's your fear that stops you .. you must deal with your fear . it will hold you back ..

KandisTX
06-17-2007, 06:22 PM
In addition to what has already been said, I would like to add. BE HONEST with her. Answer ALL of her questions. Do NOT try to make excuses, or "lie".

I discovered (in my own situation) that While honesty can be hard on you (as with my first attempt at coming out with my "mother" (technically she was my second cousin)), It can also be the best way to handle this situation, as I found out with my step-mother who was and still to this day is VERY supportive of me.

Best of luck hon.

Kandis:love:

sissygirl101
06-17-2007, 06:30 PM
ok she said what feeling do you get out of this, and also why do you do this, what is a good thing to say that you would to your mom.

Marla S
06-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok that was a quick confession.

Who knows better than you what feelings you get out of it ?

Sorry, but I am not convinced.

Cai
06-17-2007, 06:55 PM
You could tell her you were born like this (because you were) and you don't know why you need to dress, you just do.
She's probably thinking that it's sexual. She might also be thinking that it makes you gay. You'll need to have a longer talk with her about those things.

Ema1234 GG
06-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow, half an hour is really quick to have your first chat with someone about this. I know during out first talk it was a LOT longer. I had 100's of questions to ask. I think you need to have another sit down chat and just explain everything you're feeling and answer any questions she might have. This isn't something that can be done quickly and in the majority of cases acceptance doesn't come after just one chat, it can take months or even years.

crimsoncage GG
06-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Are you planning to come all the way out? Are you all the way out and afraid she'll see you so you were preparing her? What was your motivation for the talk? How often do you see her? I'm sorry to be asking so many questions, but the next course of action really depends on the answers to all of these.
I would think.

Steff26
06-18-2007, 08:28 AM
I guess I feel lucky now that bI was caught earlier in life. I don't know if I would have the guts to tell her without it. When we finally got around to the conversation it was a lot easier.
xoxoxo,
Steff

Kieron Andrew
06-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Sorry, but I am not convinced.
hmmm! me either

Andrea Nicole
06-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Better that she find out from YOU, than someone else.

Cute Louise
06-18-2007, 09:07 AM
This depends on how well you know your mother I think. Women tend to be much more understanding and closer to their family than you think. But everyone is controlled by peer pressure.

I would try to find some articles on the lifestyle and present them to her but try to defend yourself that you're not a Jerry Springer type (unless you are)

Everyone is very visual, if you don't look like a convincing woman dressed and made up it's going to be very hard for anyone to accept you and then it might be better to let a sleeping dog rest.

Just my two cents worth, Louise

Syndi
06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
How to tell Mom?Hmmmm.....Good question I am 22 still at home and still hiding.For me that is not an easy thing. Mymom is old fashioned Hispanic but depending on what your Mom is like you may have it easier.Just take it slow do not show up for breakfast all prettied up.Who knows, she may be accepting.

Gina_darling
06-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Hiya, I told my family a few months ago now. The way I did it (not necessarily the way you should!) was to sound them out first on the issue of crossdressing, see what they felt about it in general. The reaction was reasonably favourable so I went to the next step that I like to do it. It was a shock to them but it was accepted, after all I am still the same person as are you! Then it is a question of time, let it sink in, give them opportunities to ask questions, you might not be able to answer them but they will appreciate openess about it. If it goes for you how it went for me, it will be marvellous, I can now be dressed full time at home! :D

For you it could be completely different, so my advice to you, is small steps, no rushing, and remember your family will see it as a big deal so don't push them!

Good luck! Gina xx

SweetCaroline
06-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Good luck. I never told my mother, and have choosen not to, even tho I find it impossible to believe she doesn't already know. Anytime I ever got close to talking about the subject she be like "I don't want to hear it! Don't go there! Peter please stop." so I just decided to leave her out of this aspect of my life. I'm cool with that.

Tell us how it goes.