PDA

View Full Version : My Heart is sad

tiffanysharon
06-17-2007, 08:58 PM
:sad: Hello all I have been waiting to see what would develope from me wearing a bra to work. Let me say I was wearing a t-shirt my work shirt and a coat at the time. Never the less no one talks to me anymore, so I must assume somthing was said about me. My sails are no longer full. I feel like I am filthy and have done wrong. But I will hold my head up and look them all in there eyes when at work. Be carfull my friends fear can harm. love tiffanysharon

MJ
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
time for damage control

first of all you should talk to them , they don't understand you and fear is the problem

try to print off information and let them read it ... it might be you may have to dress all the way ... some people are not sure about part x dressing
YOU MUST hold your head up high smile show them you are confident they need information and better tell your hr department too
i wish you well

Sharon
06-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I think you should start off by not assuming anything. If they are not talking to you, it may have nothing to do with wearing a bra, as you had so many layers of clothing over it -- unless it was a well-padded bra, that is.

Speak to a co-worker you have had the best relationship with in the past and just inquire as to why you are being avoided. If it is about the bra, and you don't feel comfortable telling the truth, then have an excuse ready for them, such as it being some sort of bandage, etc.

Good luck! :happy:

Stephenie S
06-17-2007, 09:21 PM
:sad: Hello all I have been waiting to see what would develope from me wearing a bra to work. Let me say I was wearing a t-shirt my work shirt and a coat at the time. Never the less no one talks to me anymore, so I must assume somthing was said about me. My sails are no longer full. I feel like I am filthy and have done wrong. But I will hold my head up and look them all in there eyes when at work. Be carfull my friends fear can harm. love tiffanysharon

Geez, Tiff, if you were wearing a Tshirt, a work shirt, and a coat, how could anyone know you were wearing a bra? Bras are hard to hide, but those three garments worn together should really do the trick. Are you sure that something else didn't cause this rift?

Stephenie

Valerie Nicole
06-17-2007, 09:40 PM
First of all, I agree that you need to find out whether or not that is the reason you are being avoided. It could be unrelated. Secondly, just because they have a problem with it doesn't mean you have to. You are not filthy and there is nothing wrong with being who you are. I know what it's like to grapple with that issue, but the more power you give it, the less happy you're going to be.

Karren H
06-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Awwwww.... I sometimes think that friends are avoiding me at one time or another but every time I think that is always been that they had had their minds on something else and it had nothing to do with me at all... We have an over active imagination when it comes to things like this.... just play it cool and see what happens...

Karren

CharleneCD
06-17-2007, 10:23 PM
When you wear non conforming clothes to work you need to expect reactions both good and bad. I knew that by wearing more feminine patterns and colors of scrubs to work along with matching earings that it would stir something up. That is why I am not upset about it. See my current post "nasty rumors". Basicly you had better be prepared to come out and then accept what happens afterward. Knowing how many small minded people are out there in the world there is going to be a negative reaction from some. The good news is if you are being shunned for wearing the bra, you will know who your true friends are. True friends and good true honest people look at what is inside, not at what is worn without.

marie354
06-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Just wait and see what happens or said.
It could be that they have other things on their mind and don't want to bother anyone with them. Nobody is in a jolly mood every day. Maybe some were hung-over from clubbing too much. Who knows?

Time will tell, in any event.
:hugs:

PS... I have worn a bra to work many times and nobody noticed. Well, at least no one said anything. I am, or was before I retired, their 2nd top tech. (My supervisor was #1.)

Stacy GG
06-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Awwwww.... I sometimes think that friends are avoiding me at one time or another but every time I think that is always been that they had had their minds on something else and it had nothing to do with me at all... We have an over active imagination when it comes to things like this.... just play it cool and see what happens...

Karren

I have to totally agree with karen on this. With all those clothes it's unlikely they even noticed the Bra. Unless it is a padded, push-up or Water bra.
I know recently elly & I thought a friend of ours was avoiding us because of elly dressing more openly, instead he was just busy with work and didn't have any free time.

MsJanessa
06-18-2007, 07:23 AM
I wouldn't worry about it hon---probably in your imagination and even if it isn't so what----most people really don't concern themselves too much about their co-workers underwear so even if somebody did notice it and talk about it I'm sure that all they thought was "that's a little odd" and then went on to talk and think about something else---just ignore it and it will probably go away

Emily Ann Brown
06-18-2007, 09:10 AM
We are by nature sure the world knows our secret, hates us, and is out to get us. I have worn a bra under just a T-shirt and cotton oxford dress shirt and had no problem with being read.....think it might have been the red 5" heels????? Giggle giggle.

Assume nothing and just go about your schedule and pick up your check on Fridays. Not a disaster till your dog won't play with you.

Emily Ann

JoAnnDallas
06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
I have worn panties, pantyhose, bra, and cami under my clothing to work. If anyone noticed, no one is saying anything. A white non-padded bra under a white t-shirt and darl blue shirt, is hard to detect. Then add a white lab coat and it's impossible to notice. As some others have said, wait a while, it may not have anything to doe with your bra. Even if it is, just tell them that your doctor suggested it to help your back and I bet no one will care after that. LOL