PDA

View Full Version : Saturday NIght "Out" at TGEA

Stephanie Brooks
03-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Last night I attended a meeting with the Transgender Education Association, TGEA (http://www.tgea.net/) of which I am now again a member. This was the first time in many months that I have dressed, and the first time in probably 2 or 3 years that I've gone out in public. It's been FAR too long.

In a nutshell, it was a perfect evening.

Normally I work on Saturdays, but I took the day off to prepare. In the morning I packed to go to a local hotel. My wife Tracy doesn't want our 6 yo daughter Alice to see Stephanie, hence the hotel room. I'll accept that. Packing took 2.5 hours.

During the day Tracy and Alice were away doing other things, so I had the house to myself. Once packed, I walked next door to a local Japanese restaurant for lunch. I didn't know how things would go regarding dinner, so I wanted to have a good meal before going out.

At 3PM I left home, and picked up a bottle of bubbly for afterwards, Great Western Brut, a New York state champagne. Then I drove to the hotel.

Once at the hotel, I registered and went to my room. I unpacked and turned on the television, something I don't tend to do. I was more than a tad nervous, anxious, and frustrated. Not everything was as I wanted, but that's life.

At 5PM, I began to get ready. I wanted to be ready by 6PM so that I could get to the meeting on time. The meeting place opens at 6:30 and the meeting begins at 7:00.

Outfit? The dress (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3869) was a black cotton/spandex dress I'd recently purchased. Along with the dress I wore black fishnet hose and penny loafers.

Preparations were such that I didn't leave the hotel until something like 6:45, and I arrived shortly after the meeting started. It didn't matter, I did it.

Mostly the meeting was a social event. I'm not a very sociable person, don't mix well at parties, even with friends. I'm far better with one or two people. Nevertheless I mixed and talked with many people, young and old, TG and not. It was wonderful! I stayed until closing at 11PM, helping with cleanup.

The meeting itself began with dinner. They provide a "sandwich bar" - I'd forgotten about that - and soft drinks. While not particularly hungry I made a sandwich and had some chips and a Coke. I sat and chatted with a bunch of people, and visited with one person whom I'd known from before. Later the President of the group conducted the business end of the meeting, and that was followed by 2 hours of a makeup workshop. Well, I only brought my lipstick, not the works, so I just watched and chatted. At 10:30, the meeting was drawing to a close, and that's when cleanup began. I left with the last of the members.

I returned to the hotel and stayed en femme for awhile. I popped open the champagne bottle in celebration. A couple of thoughts I wrote follow:

"I fell in love again with the girl within. I fell in love with myself again."

The final highlight of the night was the fire alarm in the hotel. At 1:35AM the alarm went off, and everyone came out of the hotel. It was probably 40 degrees F (4 degrees C) and clear, so it wasn't horrible. 5 minutes later we were all back inside.

I've included some pics. The first was taken by someone at TGEA w/ the digital camera. It isn't my best pic, but it's certainly the best of the crop from the digital. The others were ones I took in the hotel with the cell phone.

Now I'm back in that "real world", working on my fourth large cup of espresso, buzzing like a bee!!!!!! (Time to make another pot, I'd say.) It was a great night! While there were many elements that weren't perfect, the night itself couldn't have gone better. It was a great night! It was perfect. ^_^

Priscilla1018
03-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Sounds like you had a great time,I'm glad you had a chance to get out.
Wow I do'nt think I could do that. Thanks for sharing.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Wendy me
03-06-2005, 03:30 PM
you rock sister sounds way too cool ....................just one question any danceing ???
i hope that this is only this is only the begining of your little outtings.............
and the part were you are in love with yourselfe.........way good sister you make me so happy .........

Stephanie Brooks
03-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Thank you Priscilla! One of the nice things about TGEA is that the place where they hold the meetings has a couple of restrooms that can be used to change. That way if someone is uncomfortable being out in the real world en femme, they can go in drab, change, and be en femme in a safe environment. Likewise, they can change back at the end of the evening. I've no idea what groups might be around you in MN, but if there are TG groups, they too may have a similar setup.

Thank you Wendy! Hopefully this is just the beginning; we'll see how Tracy is with this. 7 years ago she was hostile towards TGEA, hence my departure from the group. I want to continue going, and I NEED to continue going. We'll see how things progress. Oh, and on the dancing, no there wasn't dancing at the meeting, but I was certainly dancing back in the hotel room afterwards! Okay, it was to unusual music - Musical Starstreams (http://www.starstreams.com/) - but it was dancing and it was good. I'm still up in the clouds today. :cool:

Sharon
03-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Way cool Steph, and you look fantastic!!!
Look out world!!!! :)

Amelie
03-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Steph, I'm so gald you had a good time, and had a chance to discover yourself again.
I could imagine the scene if the fire alarm went off while all the CDs were at the meeting. All the screaming queens shouting for the firemen to rescue them. Me , me, save me, I need mouth to mouth.
Hope you get to go to more events, you sound so much different than you did a few months ago.
Love Amelie

Dominique Melt
03-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Steph,

Way to go! How can I find if there is TGEA in my area [NYC]?

I am positively dying to go public, once I'm confident in my dressing and makeup.

Amelie
03-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Dominique, I don't know if this site helps, but it has a few places you can go dressed in NYC.

http://www.queenmother.tv

Amelie

PS-I don't know how up to date the site is.

Amelie
03-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Dominique, I just looked through the web site I mentioned, and I can't find the list of places you could go dressed. This site used to list the clubs and restuarants that CD can go to. Maybe it's on the site somewhere, but I can't find it.
Amelie

DanaJ
03-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Steph - glad you went and had a good time, I was thinking of you last night :)

DanaJ

Holly
03-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Sthephanie,
I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Just the tone of your post sounds so much happier. I'll be joining you in hoping that Tracy is more accepting of your participation with TGEA.

Love,

DonnaT
03-06-2005, 09:08 PM
Alright Stephanie!

Takes a while to get ready when not used to it doesn't it? :D

I wear a nighty to sleep in, and I can just imagine being awakened by a fire alarm while dressed. :eek:

Stephanie Brooks
03-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Thank you Sharon! Yes, look out world!!!!!!

Hi Amelie! Thank you!!!!!! Yes it would have been funny if it had been at the CD place. "No, I can't go ANY faster. My hair would simply become a MESS!" Getting out to events means I'll also be able to get out just for regular non-TG things. If I must live that part of my life separate from my marriage, then so be it. I'm going to do it right.

Thank you Dominique! Here's info in addition to what Amelie gave you. TGEA is local to the DC area. A safe starting point for a group in NYC might be TriEss, assuming the city has a chapter (TriEss is national, possibly international), though they tend to be oriented exclusively toward the M2F heterosexual crossdresser; it seems a bit limiting to me. TGEA covers the range of transgender behavior. You could search through Google for transgender links for NYC, and start from there. I know almost nothing about the city, except for the few visits I've made to it. I love NY, it's a great city! I just don't know what it has for TG folks.

Hi Danaj! Thanks!!!

Thank you Holly!!!!! Regarding Tracy, the fallout has already begun. Me shakes me head. So be it. I'm still in a good mood, and that's that. Over the long term things WILL work out, one way or t'other.

Hi DonnaT!! The fire alarm was almost perfectly timed. I'd just removed all of my makeup and was about to go to bed. If it had happened 10 minutes earlier, I'd have had my chance to be a total drag queen! (Maybe this was a missed opportunity?!) I wouldn't have the hair, but I would have still been made up. It could have been VERY interesting.

On a serious note regarding the fire alarm, this was a good size hotel, probably 10 floors on one section. Loud audable alarms sounded in probably all of the rooms. Evacuation was orderly and easy, the "fire doors" on my floor closed (funny I noticed them when I arrived), and the fire department (Fairfax County in Virginia) was on the scene quickly, determining it was a false alarm. It should work like this; it's good to know that it does.

Wendy me
03-06-2005, 10:08 PM
new avator new auttued and new girl sounds like a shoppimg trip to me.........

Stephanie Brooks
03-06-2005, 10:10 PM
new avator new auttued and new girl sounds like a shoppimg trip to me.........
Lmao! I almost went shopping this afternoon! I'll save it for another day.

Tamara Croft
03-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Hiya Stephanie

Sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed yourself :D You look great in your avatar and the pics you posted are great. It's so nice to see you looking much happier, as I know you're going through a tough time right now. So how when is the next meeting? Are you going?

Tamara x

Tristen Cox
03-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Dang Steph I wish I coud have been there. Things really did go well then, and I'm glad. Love the hair btw. So when you go next time can I come too PLEEEEESE? :D Oh ok be that way:p Thanks for keeping me updated as things progressed. Hope you can think while you're on cloud nine all week. Take care of yourself.

Love & hugs
Tristen

Stephanie Brooks
03-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi Tamara and thanks!!!!! Next meeting is April 2. While I have an unrelated activity in the morning (academic event for Alice for which I'm coach), the evening is free and I'm going. Tracy says she's fine with that. If for some reason I can't go, I'll take the next Saturday night and just go out in public.

Hi Tristen and thanks!!!!!! Yes things went well. Please come the next time!!!! What?! NO?! Hmmm. Okay, some other time then. Thinking should actually go extremely well (no HALism here) so work should be quite good. It's okay that I'll be enjoying myself more than usual.

*BIG HUGGLES*

Love,

Stephanie

Wendy me
03-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Lmao! I almost went shopping this afternoon! I'll save it for another day.
no girlfreind thay might go bad use them right away you can get more..........

Rachel Ann
03-13-2005, 05:42 AM
I've included some pics. The first was taken by someone at TGEA w/ the digital camera. It isn't my best pic, but it's certainly the best of the crop from the digital.I think it's a great pic, just a trifle overexposed. Your dazzling smile enchants.

Thanks for favoring us with updates of your look!

Stephanie Brooks
03-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Thank you Rachel Ann!

Btw, I like your new avatar! I saw your pics briefly on the pictures thread, but didn't get a chance to respond. You look great!

paulaN
03-13-2005, 10:44 AM
you are looking good girl and I am so glad you had a great time. keep on dressing.

Stephanie Brooks
03-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Thank you Paula! I plan to continue dressing!!! :D