PDA

View Full Version : ? (early life of a cd, tv, ts?)

stellatoo
06-18-2007, 06:06 AM
Do you girls think its possible to summarise the "Typical" early life of a cd, tv, ts?

I read so many posts of

stealing/borrowing panties which leads on to
borrowing clothes which leads on to
shame which leads on to
trying to be manly which leads on to
returning to dressing which leads on to
buying your own which leads on to
accepting (to some degree) which leads on to
going out dressed which leads on to
telling others (to some degree)

that I think we may all be so similar in our upbringing no matter where we grew up or when!

battybattybats
06-18-2007, 06:15 AM
I think it'd be less 'similar upbringing' and more a 'common pattern of life expererience'.

Marla S
06-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Do you girls think its possible to summarise the "Typical" early life of a cd, tv, ts?

I am a bit hasitating here.
It is true there are a lot similar stories, there are common patterns, the outcome is often similar, but the story of an individual is always different and the way to handle the situation is always different.

To summarise the typical TG life would be much similar to the summary of typical men and typical women.

We all know that it is hard to deal with the "Typical".

There always would be the non-typical TG ... non-typical man ... non-typical women ... non typical TG .... WHO I AM ??? .... we know the result.

We shouldn't do the same mistake again.

Despite there might be some accumulations in the why, when, how for cd, tv, ts, everybody has an individual story and an individual approach.

Listen to the stories, pick up what is usefull for you and is an inspiration, find differences to clarify your position. That's all what is needed.

Leave the boxing to the shrinks.

Vive la difference

(thanks Rita :happy:)

Karren H
06-18-2007, 07:01 AM
I'd say that our general experiences are similar just as I'd also say that the early childhood experiences of say major league baseball players are similar... Or that childhood experiences of females are the same.... How about rodeo clown? Lol

Love Karren

Deborah_UK
06-18-2007, 02:17 PM
you missed the purging phase

Dixie
06-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Too hard to generalize as we are all different and as soon as all common known experiances are touted as the norm all the "other" common experiances will come out and, and, and.... you see my point??

Mitch23
06-18-2007, 02:35 PM

I read so many posts of

shame which leads on to
returning to dressing which leads on to
buying your own which leads on to
accepting (to some degree) which leads on to
going out dressed which leads on to
telling others (to some degree)

that I think we may all be so similar in our upbringing no matter where we grew up or when!
yup - thats me!

Mitch

Toni Shelton
06-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes that is me.

Kate Simmons
06-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Don't think mine will help much, Hon. I was a tomboy growing up, so nothing so typical about me.:p

SweetCaroline
06-18-2007, 04:39 PM
I spent most of my childhood playing with Star Wars action figures, not wearing dresses. But I knew early on that I wanted to, it's just that I couldn't. As soon as I was old enough to be left alone by myself, I was in my sister's closet.

But I agree we're all different. About the only thing I think we all have in common is that at some point in our life we voluntarily put on an article of female clothing and liked it enough to do again.

Cristi
06-18-2007, 06:23 PM
shame which leads on to
trying to be manly which leads on to...

I think I skipped these steps. The one thing I always HAVE had is a strong sense of 'I don't need to be like everybody else' (probably based on the fact that I was always different in some way, so started to define myself by it).

I don't think it is possible to have the 'shame' and 'trying to be more manly' unless there is something inside you telling you what you are doing is wrong. I knew that what I was doing is/was DIFFERENT and not accepted by society, but I never saw it as WRONG or something to be ashamed of.

Even now, the reason I'm not out isn't because of shame or guilt about who I am, it is more because I really don't like conflict, and the easiest way to avoid it is to not bring the subject up!

sandra-leigh
06-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I read so many posts of

shame which leads on to
returning to dressing

I skipped all those parts when young. Pantyhose was fair game after it was thrown out, but I don't remember wearing anything else. (The key word here might be "remember" -- my episodic memory is not very good, so I might have forgotten trying other things. I wouldn't be willing to swear that I never tried a bra, but I don't remember doing so.

As I didn't become aware that I was interested in cross-dressing until I was in my early 40's, I didn't go through the shame/macho cycle. If I had gone macho, it would have been in reaction to being put down and called a "fag" so much. (e.g., my all-male grade 10 homeroom class voted me as the Homecoming Queen, and the teacher was right there laughing with them.) And no, I absolutely do not think that "since they think I'm gay, I might as well 'own' it by acting gay": being alienated at least as early as Grade 1 (maybe earlier) taught me to live for myself, not for what others thought of me. It's a hard road at times, but "To oneself, be true." I've met more nice people in the ~3 years that I've been crossdressing than I met in the dozen years I lived here before I started.

Roxi Loh
06-18-2007, 11:30 PM
I think I have been through those phases in roughly that order...Count me in...

Valerie Nicole
06-18-2007, 11:41 PM
I actually started with skirts...panties (and all underwear) came much much later for me. For me it was about outward appearance first...I wanted to see myself in a skirt. Then I wanted to see myself in a skirt and a top. Then I wanted the whole experience.

angelfire
06-19-2007, 12:05 AM
I never stole or borrowed anything. It was always after it was thrown out. And even then, I have only taken things like that maybe 3 times.

I also haven't gotten to the going out part, or telling people part (yet). Other than that, its pretty dead on.

And as mentioned, with purging thrown in there.

Sheri 4242
06-19-2007, 03:10 AM
I never stole or borrowed anything.

Ditto!

I think you have mentioned some very common behaviors, but they aren't true in a 1-2-3-4 regimine for all of us. Reading clips of what everyone says about this aspect and that, sure there is a commonality, but we all don't do every one, much less in an exacting order. We don't all start at the same age, either.

Emma England
06-19-2007, 08:22 AM
A match for me, apart from trying to be manly.

I have no interest in mens stuff at all.

Sylviaqwerty
06-19-2007, 09:24 AM
We are all differnt like all cakes are different when made to the same recipe. the ingredients are the same but one housewife adds just a little more spic or a little less sugar another bakes it longer. so the differences show.
I find that the majority of us started when we were very young and our earliest memories incude a compulsion to crossdress.
S

sandra-leigh
06-19-2007, 09:49 AM
We are all differnt like all cakes are different when made to the same recipe.

I dunno -- maybe it'd be closer to say that we're all like borscht (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht) -- soup that may or may not have beets, may or may not have cabbage, may or may not have meat, ...

I've seen estimates that there are over 100 (major) different recipes, and I've seen it said that you can identify someone down to the village according to how they make their borscht.

aka.laura
06-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Does that include dominant mothers?
No honoustly, I believe it's genetic combined with upbringing combined with environment combined with whatever excluding global warming. Though, temperature rises --> influence on parts hanging ouside the body? :devil: The funny thing is though, that mtf CD'ing exists in many different cultures und has so throughout time. So that's 1:0 for genetic? Or dominant mothers? I don't care, enjoy it.

Chantelle CD
06-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I think there is something to life lessons, imagine what would be gained overcoming such a thing as self acceptance over this. How does it help you see others of all types because of it? Purpose maybe? Just maybe the feeling inside that it is just so right, is because it was ment to be for a reason.

SandyR
06-19-2007, 12:12 PM
You it my early days pretty much to a tee, or cup tea.....something like that.

Hugs.

SandyR

Mitch23
06-19-2007, 01:31 PM
A match for me, apart from trying to be manly.

I have no interest in mens stuff at all.
Did the manly bit - wore a beard for several years - couldn't possibly be a crossdresser with a beard now could I - tried unsuccessfully to be an alpha male - not really happy though!

Mitch

angelfire
06-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I guess I am different in a certain aspect. I do value my male side highly. When I'm not dressed, I like being a man. I like being a bit dominant and in control. When I dress that all seems to go out the window.

Almost like a split personality.