PDA

View Full Version : Dressing in bad times

Erika34
06-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi, anyone like me? I seem to always have an uncontrollable urge to dress when my life hits some rough times. I've just come through a "mental purge", and saw no need to dress and had no desire to. The opportunity hadn't arisen in quite a while anyway.I;ve been thinking of every way to send my wife away for at least a weekend or something so I could dress. I have no desire to be a woman, just dress, provactively, and of course it ends in a sex act. I never threw away my female stuff,afraid to do that.
Today is a bad one for me and don't know what do to, because the wife won't be away until the 30th..........seems like forever to me. Don't know what to do......

Erika

Billijo49504
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Well you could just under dress. Or if te wife knows, tell her you're really down in the dumps, and ask permission to dress. Another thing you can try is get some flesh tone lipstick, to wear. Get the one with a spf rating, so if someone asks, just tell them it sum block.....BJ

JulieC
06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
One, if there are no kids involved, I recommend telling your wife.

Two, it is known that crossdressing relieves stress in men. It's no surprise that you desire to crossdress more when you're stressed.

jaimecdww
06-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Hi, anyone like me? I seem to always have an uncontrollable urge to dress when my life hits some rough times. I've just come through a "mental purge", and saw no need to dress and had no desire to. The opportunity hadn't arisen in quite a while anyway.I;ve been thinking of every way to send my wife away for at least a weekend or something so I could dress. I have no desire to be a woman, just dress, provactively, and of course it ends in a sex act. I never threw away my female stuff,afraid to do that.
Today is a bad one for me and don't know what do to, because the wife won't be away until the 30th..........seems like forever to me. Don't know what to do......

Erika

You are not alone at all. I am in the same boat. I dress maybe 3-4 times a year :( I really enjoy dressing and many times my desire is heighten when life gets a little rough. The first cool day in the fall really gets me as well. My wife is taking a trip next weekend and I can't wait! I have not dressed since DEC.
I stopped doing the quick dress stuff (mornings/afternoons) and just treat myself when I have extended time like a weekend. Six months is not easy at all. But it will be worth it!

have fun on the 30th!
Jaime

marie354
06-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Trying to keep part of yourself hidden all the time can be very stressful.
Some relief now and then is OK.
I dress daily now, so my stress levels have really dropped a lot.

But tell your SO. Not having to hide your wardrobe is less stressful too.
:hugs:

Karren H
06-18-2007, 11:01 AM
I must be an odd ball.. (No big surprise?? Lol).... But when ever thing get tough, sad times, the urge to crossdress dissappears.. As does the urge to do anything...

Now when everything is going great (which is most of the time), I can't wait to dress up and go out enfemme...

Crossdressing is a happy enjoyable thing for me and I associate it with being happy.. Not sad... When I'm sad I don't want to crossdress at all..... Just the way I'm wired I guess...

Karren

Marla S
06-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I must be an odd ball.. (No big surprise?? Lol).... But when ever thing get tough, sad times, the urge to crossdress dissappears.. As does the urge to do anything...
No surprise, indeed. You are an odd ball.:heehee:

But it similar for me. When I am really down, dressing becomes lame like everything else (I think it's called depressive moods :D).
Only when some life starts running through my veines again, dressing becomes fun again.

Dixie
06-18-2007, 11:52 AM
I too, dress when stressed. Fortunately I do not need to hide it from the wife only the kids, so my wife when she senses that I need a little time as Dixie, will take the kids somewhere leaving me to dress up. Whatta woman!

Sheri 4242
06-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I must be an odd ball.. (No big surprise?? Lol).... But when ever thing get tough, sad times, the urge to crossdress dissappears.

You, odd??? Naw'hhhh!!! ( LOL ) Seriously, though, with me there IS a difference between tough times and sad times with regard to crossdressing.

Crossdressing is a happy enjoyable thing for me and I associate it with being happy.. Not sad... When I'm sad I don't want to crossdress at all..... Just the way I'm wired I guess.

Crossdressing is absolutely a happy and enjoyable thing for me, too. While sad times and tough times are both stress-filled, my wife is the one who took note that in times of extreme generalized stress my need to dress dramatically increased. In thinking back over sad times, I still dressed, but there wasn't this overpowering urge that accompanies tremendous "general" stress.

Syndi
06-18-2007, 12:39 PM
You know...that sound like what I go through only as a teen it was easier to have"alone" time.School was so darn stressful to the point I did experiment with pot and alcohol but I found the most comfort playing with girls clothes.Even now I call upon "Syndi" for a support when I am down.

JoAnnDallas
06-18-2007, 01:03 PM
I remember back in 2005 when I first came to Dallas and looking for a new job. Being over 55 makes it tough anyway. I do remember going to interviews, not hearing back, or if I did, sorry can be very discouraging and can get you in a very depressing mood. When that would happen, I would just take a day off and after my sister would leave for work, I would get all dolled up. That is when I started going outside in the daylight en fem. I was someone else. No cares in the world and just having some fun. The next day, I would be back on the job hunt feeling 100% better. It is amazing what a little girl time can do to cheer you up. LOL

Frankie-Dear
06-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I wonder if it's because, when we crossdress, we pamper ourselves. We shave really nice, moisturize, wear things that make us feel pretty and that feel nice against our skin, and putting on make-up.... The whole ritual is something that is just a way of giving love to ourselves... Just a thought.

Andi
06-18-2007, 11:44 PM

Now when everything is going great (which is most of the time), I can't wait to dress up and go out enfemme...

Crossdressing is a happy enjoyable thing for me and I associate it with being happy.. Not sad... When I'm sad I don't want to crossdress at all..... Just the way I'm wired I guess...

Karren

Yeah, but you're a lovable oddball. We love you lots!!!:love:

angelfire
06-18-2007, 11:55 PM
I remember back in 2005 when I first came to Dallas and looking for a new job. Being over 55 makes it tough anyway. I do remember going to interviews, not hearing back, or if I did, sorry can be very discouraging and can get you in a very depressing mood.

I'm not as old, but am having a damn hard time finding a job, and its really stressing me, even though I try to stay optimistic. I just graduated college, and can't get a job in my field, and can't even get a job in general. I think its stress that has brought back my crossdressing.

I was having good times back in december. I had a girlfriend, felt no urge to dress anymore so I purged. Now I am jobless, not in school, and it feels like I just wasted 2 years of my life for nothing. I know things will look up eventually, its just discouraging. I've had a number of interviews as well, and heard very little back. I have a job coming up, but its kind of a 3 day trial before she decides if she wants to hire me, and everything about the job sucks.

So I would definitely say stress is a major factor for me.

JoAnnDallas
06-19-2007, 08:41 AM
angelfire.....do not get too discourage.......it took me 14 months to find a new job. then too we sold the house in West Virginia and came to Dallas, TX, mainly because the jobs are better here than in WV. I also have a sister that lives here and that helped a lot. She has now sold her home and is staying with us until her new house is ready to move into. Keep the faith and if the trial job does go perm, remember, "it's easier to find a new job, if you already have a job". That way you can be selective on the next job. LOL

Sylviaqwerty
06-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Interesting observation, we all tend to dress more when stressed, Is it because we have more time that is when we are out of work or is it that the femine personaltiy does not have the same problems as the male side?

Marla S
06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Interesting observation, we all tend to dress more when stressed, Is it because we have more time that is when we are out of work or is it that the femine personaltiy does not have the same problems as the male side?
Well, you eat more when you are hungry.
The fem personality probably would have the same probs like the male one, when she could live 24/7. But she might provide a more efficient buffer to handle the problems. It is harder to bring someone out of balance who is close to his/her centre. Its quite easy to stress someone who stands besides the own self.

Alice Torn
06-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Sometimes, we need to put cding aside, for a while, and work on other things, do other things. I find, that when I am very busy, with work, car repairs, etc, I lose interest in dressing, for a while, or am simply too exhausted.

samcs
06-20-2007, 09:05 AM
I also dress more when under stress. I lost my job about 9 months ago and find myself wanting to dress more and following through. I am lucky that my wife works most of the day and my kids are in school so I have more time to dress. I fear that it will become more difficult now that school is almost over and my wife is home for the summer.