PDA

View Full Version : How to choose

tifftg
06-18-2007, 12:26 PM
I am really wrestling with what I want more right now and would love to see if I am the only one with these two passions. So here goes... With an extra few hundred dollars should I get a new set of Irons for my golf game or a couple of new wigs, some heels and a new skirt or two.

This is either or--no cheating.

hugs,

tiffany

rose382832
06-18-2007, 12:29 PM
that's an easy one.the clubs may not help your game but the clothes realy will help you relaxe and feel better after a bad game. and with new clothing you dont have to worry about losing your balls in the water holes.( you know they are......):heehee:

Shelly Preston
06-18-2007, 12:30 PM
A good set of irons for my golf might help improve my game by maybe 5%

I new wardrobe would put a smile on my face for weeks :D

So for me it would be the wardrobe everytime and you get to have fun shopping :)

Sharon
06-18-2007, 12:31 PM
When you get the final tally in this thread, go post the same thread in a golfing forum. I'd be curious how the two compare.:p

tifftg
06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
It would be surprising I suspect on how many of us girls are out there.

MJ
06-18-2007, 12:34 PM
When you get the final tally in this thread, go post the same thread in a golfing forum. I'd be curious how the two compare.:p

nothing can help my game ... but some new outfit well that works for me

LindaTS
06-18-2007, 12:36 PM
This is a no brainer for me. I'm not a golfer so you can guess how I voted.

sara_also
06-18-2007, 12:41 PM
I would like a new outfit, but since i have quite a bit of clothes mostly purchased at thrift stores for just a few dollars, I would invest in glof clubs as it would be more expensive than 50% of my wardrobe....
IE: just got a pair of "Nine West" pumps that go for about $75.00 for $1.00.
If I could find those kind of deals of golf clubs...I would be thrilled and play from the ladies tee's...

Staci G
06-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Are they really going to improve your game??
I have a complete set of Callaways for sale bag and all if you think they will

SherriePall
06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Is this a trick question? What kind of choice is that? Golf clubs or a new wig and skirt?
Guess how I answered the poll?

Frankie-Dear
06-18-2007, 01:03 PM
As if there could be a choice! Now, if new scuba gear were in the poll, I might have a little more difficulty... LOL

Wendy me
06-18-2007, 01:20 PM
oh my lol you have to ask???? and you need a poll to sort this out??? lol.... silly silly silly you's.....

KrystalS
06-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Hmmmm, new clubs or clothes.....I would pick new clothes

Jodie Wexler
06-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Maybe a few bucks on tees since the look like heels but the rest on clothes and things.

Brianna Lovely
06-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Hmm, new clothes. You can always pick up "new" clubs, at the thrift store, giggle.

On second thought, maybe some pink balls..............................

Karren H
06-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I see your delama.... And I have similar ones with ice hockey... New dress or new stick... New skates of new wardrobe...

For me I'd pick the hockey equipment because I have plenty of dresses that are just fine and I have enough fem things to last a long time if I didn't buy anything for a year but were talking hockey here!!! Lol

Go for the clubs and wear your old fem clothes with pride... On the golf coarse... :D

Love Karren

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Well let me think about that!!!! I am a pretty fair golfer and have the need for a new set of clubs since my old set is 5 years old now, I choose the clothes though since I do need a nice golf skirt and top to wear on my next golf outing, need a pair of pink golf shoes also,ha ha!!

Dixie
06-18-2007, 02:25 PM
I do not golf so it's a no-brainer for me go with the clothes!:D

LindaTS
06-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I see the response is going in my favor LOL Who needs a poll for this? Not me.

gennee
06-18-2007, 03:20 PM
If I could golf like Tiger Woods it would be the clubs :D but since I don't it's the clothes, hands down.

Gennee

sterling12
06-18-2007, 03:45 PM
John plays golf, Joanie often buys clothes, I feel qualified to give an opinion. I would do both! Or, I would do neither.

John asks: "Are you buying clubs strictly to be making a change, cause your iron game sucks?" If that's the case, then "F'get aboud it!" New clubs no matter what the ads say, are going to make little or no difference. There just isn't much that is fundamentally different from the irons you now play....unless they are very old indeed. However, If your currently playing clubs that Hogan could have used, time for a change.

Joanie says: "New clothes can make me feel better, but I have to be careful and not go overboard, how many skirts, girdles, bras, (fill in the _______,) can a Gurl really use?" We gurl's often have to fight the urge to become absolute Clothes Horses. Think we are trying to make up for lost time.

And, here's another alternative compromise. If your married, why not ask hubby what you BOTH could use. Something for the house perhaps?

By the way, Joanie/John have reached a compromise and we would like to vote for a set of used irons, and a couple of non-pricey wigs with some other goodies, all available from Ebay. That's an alternative too.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Abby
06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I play golf but will a new set of irons give months of enjoyment?
Give me the clothes and everything that goes with them.
ENJOY !!

Abby

Emeralddragon
06-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Personally I think you need a more interesting hobby. Perhaps watching paint dry would be nice. Forget the golf clubs and get the clothes.

Lisa Renee
06-18-2007, 09:21 PM
I haven't golfed in 40 years. And still have my orginal set of clubs. And I love shopping for clothes. So you should know what my I picked

Alice B
06-18-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm in the minority. New iorns. I just got a new set and love them. I can still dress and make do with what I have, but I get to play golf more than I get to dress, so the clubs were the priority. In either case - be happy.:happy:

gmss
06-18-2007, 10:25 PM
I'd go for the irons too. Not just to be different than most everyone else, but because if we consider CDing as a lifestyle (as opposed to a hobby) then it seems only fair that our lives should be filled with other activities besides CDing.

And taking a few strokes off your game does wonders for your golf confidence.

I average less than a hand full of rounds per summer. and although I can usually break 100, I never shoot anything that's worth bragging about.

Still, I'd say expand your non CD self and go for the irons - or maybe even the Calloways!

Roxi Loh
06-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Take it from me...Irons wont help that much. The clothes wont help your game much but you will feel better and hopefully sexier. I recently got a $300 prize from work and got a makeover. Money well spent.

stacylynn1
06-18-2007, 11:16 PM
:thumbsdn: Golf :devil:[EVIL] no way now if we were talking guns that would be something else Stacylynn1

gmss
06-18-2007, 11:44 PM
.45 Norinco 1911 style semi-auto, hardly used. Good Chinese hardware.
Also have a 9mm semi-auto Norinco. Inexpensive, but well made.

And for the restricted indoor range, .22 Browning Medalist target pistol. :thumbsup:

Don't got me no shotguns nor any rifles, and I won't shoot anything that's living, but give me a nice target at 25 yards and I'll shoot all day... :)

AllieSF
06-19-2007, 12:15 AM
The Clubs, of course. I have been looking for new ones to replace my old worn out beat up irons. I have enough clothes to keep me more than happy for a good while now.

Deanna2
06-19-2007, 02:42 AM
What an absolute no brainer? What could you possibly do with golf irons at 10 o'clock at night?

Sylviaqwerty
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I was going to suggest a compromise but those golf skirts are awful

RobertaFermina
06-19-2007, 02:58 PM
you look great dear, so a new clothes and wigs might help, but do you really need help? It's so subjective.

On the other hand, you golf, and probably keep score. You know if your game needs a lift...objectively.

Go with what you know ! :hugs:

:rose: Roberta :rose:

bobi jean
06-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I think I would buy the clubs, improve my game enough that it would make me feel really really good, then while in such a good mood WHO COULD RESIST A NEW PAIR OF HEELS AND A SKIRT.

RobertaFermina
06-19-2007, 03:07 PM
What an absolute no brainer? What could you possibly do with golf irons at 10 o'clock at night?

Well....

Beat back a gang of mashers :dom:....unless you find 'em kinda cute ? :be:

Night Golf....look into it ! :tongueout:

Scratch yer back! :c9:

Yes the TV must be killed:confused2:, and you have 8 ways to do it !

LPGA Role Playing ?

:dh:Help me out Sisters !

:rose: Roberta :rose: