PDA

View Full Version : legs

jessica21
03-06-2005, 09:40 PM
hi girls how do u stop your legs from going sore after u have shaved them? xxx

Nyx
03-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Aftershave and then hydrating cream. Alternatively, take at least a cold bath or cold shower to close the pores... And a hydrating cream always a good idea.

Tamara Croft
03-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Use an after-shave cream and moisturise them with a good body moisturiser. Generally your legs shouldn't be sore after you have shaved them, so make sure you use a good razor and shaving gel (preferably one with aloe vera in it). Taking a cold shower to close pores won't work... you can't close pores with water, it's a myth. You can however buy creams to make the pores look smaller... but these are generally used on the face. I have put a link to skin types... with that guide you can then determine the right moisturises/creams that you need for your skin.

http://www.acnedoctor.com/acne-treatment-skin-types.html

http://www.clinique.co.uk/tips/tips_break_out.tmpl

Tamara x

lynnegirlie
03-06-2005, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't use cold water either. If the shower goes cold while I'm shaving, I get goose bumps and ruin that silky smooth feel! :(

Lynne

flicka
03-07-2005, 01:16 AM
Any soap will do. Use a very sharp blade and VERY light pressure ... indeed no pressure at all, just let the blade head's weight alone glide over the skin (presuming you are not using one of those throw-away plastic monstrosities!)

Helana
03-07-2005, 03:06 AM
As Tamara said use an aloe vera shaving gel and leave it on the skin for at least one minute before you start to shave. If you shave regularly then your skin will get used to shaving and you can use duller blades, but if you are shaving irregularly then you will be prone to rashes especially on those areas which may rub against each other or fabric such as around the thigh and knees. For irregular shaving always use a new blade but be careful with those bony areas, use light pressure. Always moisturize afterwards.

If possible wear pantyhose - this stops any rashes guaranteed! :)

AnnaMaria
03-07-2005, 10:46 AM
I recently tried the new skintamate aftershave gel and I am happy to report that at least to me it seems to slow the regrowth of the shaved area. This is always a plus. And as the other girls said. MOISTURIZER!!!!!!! There is nothing more important than that. My legs stay shaved all the time and there is no way I could do it without a good moisturizer, especially in the areas around the boy bits. It makes all the difference in the world.

huggs
anna

Ashleigh
03-07-2005, 11:44 PM
I recently tried the new skintamate aftershave gel and I am happy to report that at least to me it seems to slow the regrowth of the shaved area. This is always a plus. And as the other girls said. MOISTURIZER!!!!!!! There is nothing more important than that. My legs stay shaved all the time and there is no way I could do it without a good moisturizer, especially in the areas around the boy bits. It makes all the difference in the world.

huggs
anna

I also use the Skintimate shaving and aftershave gel. The aftershave leaves a residue that - for me - becomes an irritant and makes me itchy. This has only recently started. It does seem to slow regrowth though. I have noticed that. I am going to switch to an aftershave with aloe vera in it. Should do wonders. The Skintimate shaving gel is wonderful but I may try a shaving gel with aloe vera in it as well.

spaskinstyle
03-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Shaving your legs should not produce rashes, if so I imagine it would be quite uncomfortable.

As others have said, I would strongly suggest using warm water and lathering up really well with anything! Leave the lather on for a while so it softens the hair and use a sharp blade. Then use very mild if almost no pressure when shaving your legs.

If you use too much pressure you will irritate the hair follicle and cause a rash. Sometimes if you shave against the grain in those sensitive areas you will get a rash as well. I have found that moisture is not a friend in those cases. I use powder and the rash dissapears in no time. The other issue that could be popping up is shaving to infrequently. If your hair is a bit long and you shave it - and you have corse hair - then you allow it to grow long again - that will again prompt ingrown hairs. I don't know why but I know that it can happen - something about the hair growing into the follicle or something. Better to stay on a schedule I think, and stay dry.

Love to you and yours,

Theresa

P.S. The pantyhose thing is a great tip too.

AnnaMaria
03-08-2005, 09:01 AM
I have not had a problem with the skintamate so far but I am also using the senisitive skin version of the stuff since I bought it for my wife and myself and she have very sensitive skin. That might make a difference in the way it works or feels. I have also be applying lotion after the stuff so that might also change the way it reacts to my skin.

huggs
anna

Priscilla1018
03-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Moisturize, moisturize,moisturize.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla