PDA

View Full Version : to contact ... or not to contact

juliauklondon
06-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Hi , I maybe going over a topic of a recent thread, however i 'm curious about ettiquette towards of CD's whom you might see out and about.

I live and work in london and have often seen CD's near where I work. As a CD'er i've always decided not to introduce myself on the occasions I see someone not in a recognised CD environment. My decision is based on the attitude that when I'm dressed en femme I'm very keen not to be read. But then it seems others in this forum are not of the same opinion. I wondered what others thought and why.

julia

Brianna Lovely
06-18-2007, 07:04 PM
As a UK friend of mine, would often say, "Woe is the fate of the common man".

I always wanted to say that, giggle.

It seems strange to me, that so many CDs live in a lonely world. They don't want to be "seen" when out in public and won't approach a CD they see out in public.
So it's like a secret society, except, we won't even acknowledge each other.

I personaly would say a simple hello and if she wanted to chat, she would.

Sharoncd
06-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Personally I do not want to be contacted but on the other hand I'm usually alone and company would be nice.

So it’s like when I saw Buck Owens and he was at a store buying climbing gear from some kids. I overheard the conversation and I was able to give input and a small conversation happened after that. I just said excuse me I overheard your conversation and I would suggest this and this is the reason why. Worked great.

So when you may see a CD person say excuse me but I love your shoes. Where did you get them? And if the person wants to talk they will. If not no harm no foul.

Sharon

tifftg
06-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I have seen this proposed in other threads. A simple comment admiring the other girls shoes. If she picks up on you noticing the conversation may grow, if not no real harm just a lovely compliment.

tiffany

sterling12
06-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Brianna and I get out quite a bit. In our neck of the woods it's considered OK to say hello to someone, in fact we could call that good manners.

However having said that, I see these people who are dressed, in settings where they expect to be seen and admired. In Clubs, at Cd Meetings, and LGBT Gatherings.

If I "read" some poor soul out at The Walmart, going it alone and obviously trying to "blend." I believe I would keep my mouth shut and leave them alone. If we made eye contact, I might mouth a simple hello and leave it at that. If they wanted to talk to me, I imagine they would then start up a conversation.

I personally believe our "gift" to be wonderful and after many years of Joanie hiding, It's terrific to share with others who are like me. I love talking and interacting with Brianna and a lot of other gurl's and it's always tempting to approach a "loner," just cause it feels wonderful to make a new friend. But Sometimes, (and I've had many encounters with other Cd's,) it's probably better to just leave them alone.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Lilith Moon
06-19-2007, 10:02 AM
The first time I was approached was very traumatic (it involved a car chase and I posted details in here) but it didn't put me off. The second time also got my pulse racing but I coped with it much better. On both occasions the first thing the stranger said was "You look great"...which helped a lot :hugs:

MsJanessa
06-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I have seen this proposed in other threads. A simple comment admiring the other girls shoes. If she picks up on you noticing the conversation may grow, if not no real harm just a lovely compliment.

tiffany

Right---it really depends on how they do it----if they stare at Me and then say "YOURE A GUY!!"---no I don't particularly like that---if they approach Me and say how lovely I am(or My outfit, hair etc is), then offer to buy Me a drink, coffee what ever then I do like that---the strangest comment I ever had was about a month ago----I was going into a club from My car in the parking lot when I passed a group of young men----one of them stared at Me for a moment and then said, in a loud voice. "there's something you don't see often, a really pretty drag queen"---kind of a backhanded compliment I guess but it did make My night.

chucks
06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
excuse me but I love your shoes. Where did you get them?

they're beaten up and dirty crocs. got them from a bum! :rofl:

Dixie
06-19-2007, 01:11 PM
"Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave!"