PDA

View Full Version : young crossdresser in stress

lady_d
06-18-2007, 07:12 PM
how can i tell my parents who i am without them getting all angry and stuff plz help

Daintre
06-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi Lady D.

Welcome to the Forum, glad you decided to join us.

As for telling your parents, well you know what type of people they are...you really haven't given us anything to work or help with. You could start by telling us what your relationship is like with your parents, how long and how involved your dressing is.....just a starting point.

Jen

lady_d
06-18-2007, 07:27 PM
theyre old skool like the way things r but and they reallt sexist

Karren H
06-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Well sounds like you already know how they are going to react.. And telling them in different ways sounds like it may not change the outcome.. So why tell them??

Karren

sterling12
06-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Most of us never did tell our parents, at least not directly. Usually, all that happens is more problems. Soon you'll be an adult and have your own life to live, won't that be enough?

If your TS, and you are compelled to do something now, be prepared for trouble. Sometimes we get fooled and people are understanding, but don't count on that happening.

By the way, your Mom probably already knows. She may not want to accept it, but she probably knows. If she hasn't hinted, or asked you about it.....that's kind of an indication of how things should remain, and how you should handle it.

That's my opinion on the matter. Now, you will have to decide what to do for yourself. Can we give you an easy way to solve this dilemma? Not a chance, sorry about that.

Peace and Love, Joanie

OldMom
06-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Lady D,

If you decide to tell them my prayers are with you. Regardless of how they react, they *do* love you. Unconditional acceptance is a process and they may need time to find their way. More importantly, you have to love yourself. I am proud of you for coming here and posting. You will find friendship and acceptance here. I am the mom of a young boy who also "dresses up". I'm not comfortable saying "Cross Dresser" yet as he is only 8.75. I agree with what another poster said, mom probably*does* know. I love my son with all my heart and I'm still working on it. Learning to love and accept myself and that it's not my fault is one of my challenges. Bless you dear. Hugs, OldMom

Lori SC
06-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Lady D,

Of course you're going to get some reaction out of them. You can't expect them to say "Oh cool, my sons a crossdresser - We're so proud". No, even if they "know", it will still be difficult for them. So expect some negative reaction.

But, they love you. Give them a little time to digest the information, and they will probably be "OK" with it. Fortunately, our gay and lesbian friends have paved a lot of ground for us, so I'm guessing that your parents know at least one other set of parents with a gay or lesbian kid. And guess what... It's not the end of the world. They will be able to relate to a son being a little out of the norm.

This assumes your parents aren't uptight, by-the-rules, bible verse quoting, super conservative people. You know your parents well, and some just could not see any way but their way. If they are this type, please think twice before telling them.

Hugs, Lori

P.S. I see you list your age as 19. If you are able to move out on your own (and therfore CD when you want) do you need to tell them? If you tell them, have a backup plan if they insist you move out - a temp place to stay such as a friends place etc for a few days, while they "cool off".

Holly
06-18-2007, 08:34 PM
how can i tell my parents who i am without them getting all angry and stuff plz helpThe truth is, maybe you can't. You've not given us much to go on so I am not prepared to give you any advice. All I can tell you is this; my kids may (and have) done things that have disappointed me... but I have never, ever stopped loving them. What kind of relationship do you have with your parents? What grade are you in school? Do you have siblings? Anything else that would help us help you?

MJ
06-18-2007, 08:43 PM
hi and welcome , we need more information can't say too much without it
in any case why tell them at all

Seville
06-18-2007, 08:49 PM
how can i tell my parents who i am without them getting all angry and stuff plz help

Don't tell 'em. You have no idea how EVIL parents can be.:thumbsdn::thumbsdn::thumbsdn:

angelfire
06-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Personally, I see no reason (in my circumstance) to come out to my parents. I mean, its not something that should effect them anyway. And like its been said, my mom probably already knows.

Andrea Nicole
06-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Ask your mother to go clothes shopping with you .. then direct her to GIRLS stores ..... that'll do it ....

TV Wannabe
06-19-2007, 12:14 AM
Don't tell them, jusst do it in secret and keep a secret stash of clothing.

Good Luck