PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing Miscellaneous Questions

Stephanie
03-07-2005, 01:34 AM
I have a few miscellaneous questions about crossdressing and "passing" that have been on my mind for a long time as I have not been crossdressing for a long time. I don't think that I am at the point where I am ready to try going out in public crossdressed and I'm not sure that I have enough experience to pull it off successfully yet but I would like some information/advice on the following topics:

1.) This may seem like a strange question but how do you use the restroom while wearing a dress? I've figured out pants (of course) and skirts but dresses (I've wondered about this one even before I started crossdressing)?

2.) Is it considered more appropriate to use the women's restroom while out in public en femme? How likely is that a crossdresser might get in trouble with the police for using a woman's restroom crossdressed if "read?"

3.) How do you conceal or minimize the appearance of your "Adam's Apple" while crossdressed? Does this give anybody way or do other people usually not notice this if the rest of your appearance is "convincing" enough? I've heard of some people, mostly TG's who have it surgically altered but I'm not looking for any permanent surgical alterations such as this.

4.) Is it possible to adjust your voice to minimize the possibility of being "read" while crossdressed? If so, how? I know that there a few women with naturally deep voices and mine is not extremely low but it would probably give me away.

Any information/advice about the above topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Julie York
03-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I can't answer all your questions but as no-one else has tried I'll give it a go.

The best way to learn how to go to the 'rest room' while wearing a dress is to try it. But the technique seems to be to hike it up into a bunch around your waist which you hold with one hand out of the way.

You then quickly realsie why women go absolutely SPARE when the bog paper runs out and no-one put another one on the spindle thingy. (It's tricky doing it all with one hand...unless you are a magician.)

Adam's apple. Wear a choker, little kneckercheif scarf thingy.

Using women's toilets.....No idea what the rules are.

Jiera
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
You then quickly realsie why women go absolutely SPARE when the bog paper runs out and no-one put another one on the spindle thingy.

I LOVE BRITS! Bog paper? go absolutely SPARE? just great. I learn new words every day, even in my own language!

As for the Adam's apple thing, I'd recommend getting acquainted with turtlenecks, too.

As for going to the bathroom in a skirt, it depends how long the skirt is. If it's really short, you can have it at your ankles, I guess. Bunching up a skirt is trouble -- it's why I never buy stuff that wrinkles easily. You go to the bathroom once and it looks like you store your clothes in a tiny coinpurse.

Ji

Wendy me
03-07-2005, 12:42 PM
skirt or dress all in the same..........................

women tend to think abought beating the hell out a lot less ..........you take it from their.....

bigger boobs guys will be looking there.........

the voice pratic pratice.........and more.............

ToniB
03-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Stephanie,
You're new to this forum (even if you're not new to CDing), so a hearty welcome to you. You'll not find a friendlier or more supportive group than this one.

Unfortunately, I have no experience of your problem (I'm still in the closet after 50 years!), but I think answers are as follows,

Q2 There's no way you'll get into the Men's, dressed, without causing a problem, so the Ladies it must be.

Q3 Other's advice on adam's apple concealment seem logical, turtle/polo neck, choker, scarf -chiffon scarves are quite stylish.

Q4 Can you cultivate a husky/sexy voice. Practise saying "Come up and see me sometime" like Mae West, 10 times every hour! Seriously though, I've no idea!

Q1 First question last. Skirts or dresses which are not too tight can be hiked up before squatting. That' s what GGs (well mine anyway) do, and it's quick; she's often in and out before I am! But I also want to know what can be done with a tight pencil skirt. I like them so tight that walking is restricted. A separate skirt could be undone and lowered, but if it were part of a dress, what then? You can't hike it up because the hem would be too tight to pass upwards over the hips, and you can't undo it at the waist to lower it to your knees. The only option would be to remove the whole dress, always assuming that it would be possible to reach the back zip unaided! Looming arthritis may soon make this an impossibility without using a hook (for the zipper) on a short stick. But would you carry this around in your handbag? It's made me realise the limitations of wearing my fantasy dress, a chinese cheongsam. Maybe it'll have to remain a fantasy.

Good luck with your toilet visits. Don't drink too much!!

ToniB

Sharon
03-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Rule number one is that when you hike up your skirt or dress to take a whizz, don't proceed to stand at an urinal, no matter how convenient it may be. It's just bad form. Bad. Very bad.

Julie York
03-07-2005, 05:33 PM
The only option would be to remove the whole dress, always assuming that it would be possible to reach the back zip unaided! Looming arthritis may soon make this an impossibility without using a hook (for the zipper) on a short stick. But would you carry this around in your handbag?
ToniB

OMG it all makes sense now!!! THAT'S WHY THEY GO IN TWOS! One acts as "Zip".

[I was always told it was becuase the toilet seats in the Ladies are really high so you need to go with a friend to give you a leg up.]

donnie123abc1
03-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't think there are any clear cut "rules" to go by....we're all just winging it. As far as passing goes, there are a few suggestions.....I usually try to dress conservatively when I go out in public (Wear what you want in private). A nice blouse and slacks, comfortable shoes and always wear a bra (If you're wearing breast forms don't go too big for your body type. There is a tendency to get a little ridiculous here! ) I wear a 36 D but attach the form in such a way as to look more natural breasted. Make Up is ok, but go easy on it. Just Enough but not too much! Don't go for the CLOWN look! Act, walk and behave as natural as possible. A light scarf around the neck will hide that adams apple (I don't know why I don't have one of those?). I don't usually work on trying to change my voice when I talk because i've heard some GG's that sound like men. Like I said there are no hard fast rules except...be yourself.

Lindahexi
03-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Toni, I just had to comment, you've made me reach for the tissues, my eyes are watering with laughter! You know how much I love tight skirts! LOL

Linda.

windycissy
03-07-2005, 06:44 PM
bigger boobs guys will be looking there.........

Priceless comment, but that only works on the GUYS. As we all know, women really get dressed up to impress other women...

As for the ladies room, it's a huge hassle, and nobody has mentioned the added indignity of pantyhose - having to tug them (and your panties) down to your ankles before hiking up your dress and slip so you can sit down or squat to pee...then having to do the whole thing backwards without getting a run in your nylons. (SIGH!) One of the joys of being a woman....

Windy

Sandra H
03-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Well when dressed fully you will have to use the ladies restrooms when out. I have done this many times in the past. It is as easy as using the men’s. Just go in and find a cubical. Go into the cubical and I like many real women do not sit, but hover over the bowel as follows.

Close the door and lock it.

Turn as if you are going to sit with your feet either side of the bowel. You will see the other women doing this under the door.

Pull up your dress or skirt up to your waist. I tuck the front under my chin to hold it their. Then pull down your panties and pantyhose to just above your knees.

Squat over the bowel and start to wee. Make sure of your aim or you may wee all over your legs. Aim with you hand if need be.

Once you have finished stand upright, get some paper and wipe yourself then pull up your panties and pantyhose.

Pull down your dress or skirt. One big tip, feel to see if your skirt or dress is down at the back and not caught in your pantyhose. This has happened to me and most women I have known.

Flush the toilet and leave the cubical. Go to wash your hands check your make up and hair and leave quickly.

If you need a number two and need to sit then I put toilet paper on the seat and you will not need to hold your skirt or dress under your chin but look at the toilet before sitting down as it can be dirty and go on your skirt or dress.

I hope this is of help and makes sense. As for undoing your skirt and letting it down around your feet would be the quickest way to get found out as I do not know any woman who would do this, it’s a male thing.

As for the other questions I would agree with the other girls. What about talking? Well my advice is don’t unless you really must. Then do as I do, which is to talk slower, and in more detail. What I mean is say “oh thank you“, rather than “thanks“. It sounds more ladylike. But unless you are a fulltime girl the more you talk the more you are to get caught out as talking is one of the things we all do automatically and so tend to slip up.

I cannot say about the laws on getting caught in the ladies room as I am in the UK and you are in the USA. But my advice would be if you think you will not pass when out be very careful.

ToniB
03-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Linda,
I did have my tongue in my cheek didn't I. Glad you saw the funny side of it, but would we put up with the inconvenience, just to wear a dead-tight skirt in public? You're damn right we would!

ToniB

spaskinstyle
03-08-2005, 12:17 AM
Well when dressed fully you will have to use the ladies restrooms when out. I have done this many times in the past. It is as easy as using the men’s. Just go in and find a cubical. Go into the cubical and I like many real women do not sit, but hover over the bowel as follows.

Close the door and lock it.

Turn as if you are going to sit with your feet either side of the bowel. You will see the other women doing this under the door.

Pull up your dress or skirt up to your waist. I tuck the front under my chin to hold it their. Then pull down your panties and pantyhose to just above your knees.

Squat over the bowel and start to wee. Make sure of your aim or you may wee all over your legs. Aim with you hand if need be.

Once you have finished stand upright, get some paper and wipe yourself then pull up your panties and pantyhose.

Pull down your dress or skirt. One big tip, feel to see if your skirt or dress is down at the back and not caught in your pantyhose. This has happened to me and most women I have known.

Flush the toilet and leave the cubical. Go to wash your hands check your make up and hair and leave quickly.

If you need a number two and need to sit then I put toilet paper on the seat and you will not need to hold your skirt or dress under your chin but look at the toilet before sitting down as it can be dirty and go on your skirt or dress.

I hope this is of help and makes sense. As for undoing your skirt and letting it down around your feet would be the quickest way to get found out as I do not know any woman who would do this, it’s a male thing.

As for the other questions I would agree with the other girls. What about talking? Well my advice is don’t unless you really must. Then do as I do, which is to talk slower, and in more detail. What I mean is say “oh thank you“, rather than “thanks“. It sounds more ladylike. But unless you are a fulltime girl the more you talk the more you are to get caught out as talking is one of the things we all do automatically and so tend to slip up.

I cannot say about the laws on getting caught in the ladies room as I am in the UK and you are in the USA. But my advice would be if you think you will not pass when out be very careful.
What she said about the pee'ing.....

and Tristen can teach you how to practice your voice thingie... she has a real nice thread about the voice coming from the throat vs. the belly. Find Tristen...she'll know how to help on that one....

Love to you,
Theresa

Sweet Jeanette
03-09-2005, 11:35 PM
I have a few miscellaneous questions about crossdressing and "passing" that have been on my mind for a long time as I have not been crossdressing for a long time. I don't think that I am at the point where I am ready to try going out in public crossdressed and I'm not sure that I have enough experience to pull it off successfully yet but I would like some information/advice on the following topics:

1.) This may seem like a strange question but how do you use the restroom while wearing a dress? I've figured out pants (of course) and skirts but dresses (I've wondered about this one even before I started crossdressing)?

2.) Is it considered more appropriate to use the women's restroom while out in public en femme? How likely is that a crossdresser might get in trouble with the police for using a woman's restroom crossdressed if "read?"

3.) How do you conceal or minimize the appearance of your "Adam's Apple" while crossdressed? Does this give anybody way or do other people usually not notice this if the rest of your appearance is "convincing" enough? I've heard of some people, mostly TG's who have it surgically altered but I'm not looking for any permanent surgical alterations such as this.

4.) Is it possible to adjust your voice to minimize the possibility of being "read" while crossdressed? If so, how? I know that there a few women with naturally deep voices and mine is not extremely low but it would probably give me away.

Any information/advice about the above topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#1-When you go to the potty, you raise your skirt & slip, and sit, and then pull the skirt tight about your waist, and then pinch the end between your crotch and one leg. This should keep it high enough to avoid a messy situation. #2- What cop is going to come into a ladies restroom, unless it's a female.-Even then, they usually do their toilet back at the station! (I do NOT wear pantyhose or pantys, so I don't have a problem there.)

MistyCD
03-10-2005, 07:28 AM

I live in New Jersey, so some of the rules may be different for other states, but I was talking to a cop (police officer to you british girls) and he said that
that it was not against the law for a man to dress up as a woman, as long as he doesn't have anything obscene showing, hint hint. He also said, most CD and TV's get into troubly by using the ladies toilets, because that is against the law and you will get arrested. Women consider that an invasion of privacy. Especially if its at a busy restaurant or store especially where there are young children around. . Some times they have combination male/female handicapped toilets and anybody can use them. Prior checking in drab is a good idea. You may wish to consider stopping at a gas station and using one there. You could always say the other toilet was dirty and scuzzy looking, which most gas station toilets are, or it was locked and you really had an emergency!!

Luv Misty

Tiffany Tuesday
03-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Hiya Stephanie sweetie ,

The girls have covered the main stuff, but one or two things i can add

1.) This may seem like a strange question but how do you use the restroom while wearing a dress?

No proper girl goes into a tissueless stall. For a ballgown and pettis take a girlfriend with you (at grand events they have an attendant who helps you out of your petti and gown so u can go tinkle in your undies)! It gets a habit to always sit to pee, en femme or en drab.

Here in Europe i've never had a problem using the powder room when dressed, you should be okay if you dress and act properly .. or got a good line in chat. At lesbian clubs i have twice been glared at by big butch drunk dykes, but a sweet smile, a girlie giggle and be ready for the Croc Dundee grope up your skirt and hey you have some new grilfriends (it pays to tuck well)

3.) How do you conceal or minimize the appearance of your "Adam's Apple" while crossdressed?

Some (especially tgirls and teenage girls ) may notice your adams apple .. but to overtly cover it, if a choker or scarf does not suit your oufit, will immediately advertise you are CD! So try not to overly worry and go for the overall look.

4.) Is it possible to adjust your voice to minimize the possibility of being "read" while crossdressed?

You can practice pitch tone and delivery, but also remember it is as much to do with how you say things and what you say. Women do tend to let men take the lead in conversations and they do LISTEN much more :)

take care and best of luck darling xxx

Richelle
03-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Stepanie,

To answer some of your questions.

When out and about and need to use the facilities, I use the ladies room. When I first started using the ladies room I was very nervous. I have never had any problems. I always try and find out of the way restrooms so that there is less of a chance of any problems. I have had to wait for a stall and one of the best moments was when a young woman said to another that just came, “She is next” and pointed to me. :D It made be fell good that I was passing and doing it in the ladies restroom.

My advise is if you are polite, and just do you business you will not have any problems. If anyone starts anything just leave.

Your adam’s apple can be a problem it is very large. Lucky for me, mine is small and I do not believe that is causes any issues with me passing. My advice would be to wear scarves and turtle necks if this is a problem for you. You can do this until you a very confident when out. I really believe that confidence is a key ingredient to passing

Richelle