PDA

View Full Version : Reckless but fun time

megan163
06-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Today my wife went to a friends. I knew she'd be gone for a few hours so I got dressed, did my makeup (pretty good with time and attention to detail I might add :heehee: ) So I just couldn't resist going out. I drove to a nearby thrift shop. It was absolutely a blast. Lots of people for middle of afternoon, but no one gave me a second look or otherwise made me. I just blended in.

Anyway, I bought two blouses then went immediately home. Of course, I felt that was really stupid and flirting with disaster if someone who knows me were to see me. Aside from the cashier (who knows me when I shop in drab) I didn't spot any familiar faces and minded my own business. So I'm sure I got away with this. But now I feel the need to do it again in the future. Am I completely crazy to have ventured so close to home? It felt so good to be just another girl shopping.

angelfire
06-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Theres a thrift store right across the street from where I used to work, but its almost always dead anyway, and no one I know shops there, so I don't have to worry so much about running into anyone.

But wow, congrats. There is no way I coulda pulled that off.