PDA

View Full Version : Shaving - How quick does you hair grow back?

KyleeCD
03-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Hi Girls,

I have been lurking in the shadows here, and now I have finally posted my first question, and are hoping some other girls out there can share your experiences with me ?

My question is in regards to shaving...specifically what I am interested to know is how long it take for the hair to grow back on the various parts of your body when you have shaved.

The reason for my question is that I have wanted for some time, to shave my legs, chest, and perhaps arms, but my wife is not so keen on me doing so.

For me, having shaved legs and chest during summer may create some questions from friends etc, however as I am in Australia, we are now nearing the end of the hot weather here, and I was curious as to whether if I did shave, how long it would likely take to regrow back to the same point it is now.

So girls...how about it, can you share your experiences with me ?

Luv Kylee

DonnaT
03-07-2005, 08:24 AM
It takes me about a month to have it back to where it was. Everyone is different.

My wife commented the other day that it appeared thicker too :(

AnnaMaria
03-07-2005, 11:10 AM
You will probably start to show signs of regroth within a few days. As for complete regroth I couldn't tell you due to the fact that since I started shaving over two years ago I have not allowed it to grow back. Just keep in mind that you will notice a difference in the warmth of your legs if you do it after the weather turns. Though the leg hair does not cover completely there is an insulation factor that will be lost. That is why some women don't shave their legs in winter unless it is absolutely necessary. I have noticed this myself due to the fact that I have been through two winters with shaved legs and more.

As for regroth in other areas. The part that seems to grow the fastest on me is around my boy bits, for some reason.

hope this helps

huggs
anna

LingerieandLace
03-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Hi Girls,

I have been lurking in the shadows here, and now I have finally posted my first question, and are hoping some other girls out there can share your experiences with me ?

My question is in regards to shaving...specifically what I am interested to know is how long it take for the hair to grow back on the various parts of your body when you have shaved.

The reason for my question is that I have wanted for some time, to shave my legs, chest, and perhaps arms, but my wife is not so keen on me doing so.

For me, having shaved legs and chest during summer may create some questions from friends etc, however as I am in Australia, we are now nearing the end of the hot weather here, and I was curious as to whether if I did shave, how long it would likely take to regrow back to the same point it is now.

So girls...how about it, can you share your experiences with me ?

Luv Kylee
I tend to keep myself shaved most of the winter months, most all body hair and in the summer I only do my public area mostly.

Fiona K
03-07-2005, 02:48 PM
How Quick?
Too quick!!
Fiona
xx

LingerieandLace
03-07-2005, 03:12 PM
How Quick?
Too quick!!
Fiona
xx

True ... I try to shave every other day. There are also creams available to help slow the re-groth process.

Rachel Ann
03-07-2005, 03:23 PM
It's idiosyncratic, everybody has a different experience. I was blessed with very little body hair in the first place. I never had any hair on my legs from the knees down, and since I first shaved my thighs three months ago, nothing has grown back! :)

My underarms need to be shaved about weekly, and the small amount of hair on my chest, belly and around my nipples, about twice a week. The hair on my arms, while very fine but still noticable, grows back the fastest! Go figure.

Most of the time, I keep my bikini trim using the clipper attachment on my electric razor. Occasionaly, I shave that wet.

Do yourself a favor and get a ladies' razor with triple blades impregnated with aloe and grapeseed for your underarms and near your nipples. Everything else can be done with a mens' razor as long as it's not something cheap like a Bic.

Nobody has said anything, but I'm prepared for some wise-a** remarks the next time I'm in a hot tub. I'll either say that I've gone "metrosexual" or that I shave all gray hair, wherever it is.

Love

Samantha Jane
03-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Put it this way and as an example of how quick my hair grows back. By the time I've reached the top of my leg when shaving, it's time to start at my ankle again. :)

Seriously though, everyone is different. My case probably about three to four weeks.

Charlotte xx

Olivia
03-07-2005, 07:34 PM
I try to shave my body every few days. I have a LOT of body hair! grrrrrr!!! What a curse for a cd. I can shave in the morning and by that evening, I can already detect a little stubble. It is very frustrating to say the least but I am determined to keep it off. I'm seriously considering electrolysis for my body at least-I do sort of enjoy shaving my legs. That wouldn't be that onerous a task by themselves, but this back and chest!?! A pox on all body hair I say. Love, Olivia

Wenda
03-07-2005, 07:54 PM
I let my hair grow, and after a month, my legs were about halfway regrown. I think if you use epilators, or wax, it takes longer. I shave my chest almost daily, as well as most of my legs. I shave with detail on the weekends. My gf prefers my smooth chest. wenda.

KyleeCD
03-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks girls....

Sounds like the consensus is that it would grow back to original in just a couple of months.

Olivia, I am like you hon, and unfortunately my body hair is very dark, so it makes it rather hard to look too femme with all that hair.

If I could ask another question, how many of you have wifes that are/were not all all keen on you shaving, and how did you reach a compromise on it?

I know there are those that say "it's your body", but in a loving relationship, I believe you do need to consider your partner, and not go ahead and do something that they are dead against.

My wife knows I dress, and does on (rare) occasions participate. She is quite accepting (whilst not overly encouraging), and my concern is that by shaving I am really doing something that is not just for a short period (hours), and easily reversible, but rather for a longer period..months.

I must say I just love this forum, and I compliment all you girls on the positive and upbeat attitudes you have. It is really nice to have a place to share your thoughts and feelings, and know that you won't be made feel little for do so.

Looking forward to partipating more in the forums...

Kylee xx

ToniB
03-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Kylee,
Your attitude to your wife, and not doing what she is dead against, is spot on. If I followed that, I would not CD at all, because mine "doesn't want to know". So I dress only when she is out for long periods - not often enough! I've been married 35 years, and she's the most important thing in my life. CDing takes second place, and always will.

Welcome to the Forrum and good luck,

ToniB

Helana
03-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Hi Kylee

Although you can expect a reasonable amount of re-growth after one month, all the hair will be the same length so it will not look natural - you will need to set aside at least two months to get a natural look again.

Switching from a hairy body to a hairless one does take some getting used to both for yourself and your wife - it is going to look and feel strange for both of you so make sure you discuss this first with her and have her acknowledge that she must give this sufficient time before she arrives at a judgement. Maybe you can discuss with your wife that you will try it over winter time and if by the time spring arrives she still hates the look and feel then you won't try it again next year.

One bit of advice - you will need to shave daily as body stubble is NOT attractive at all. ;)

KyleeCD
03-08-2005, 01:07 AM
One bit of advice - you will need to shave daily as body stubble is NOT attractive at all. ;)

LOL...Thanks Helana, I could imagine it is not the most attractive thing...who knows we both may love it and never want to go back (we can dream :D )

Sweet Susan
03-08-2005, 02:41 AM
Well, gee, let's see. I do believe it starts growing back immediately. Yes, I do believe that is so.

jenny c
03-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Just a short answer i think too damn quick!!

tgkedsgirl
03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
My thoughts:
I think you should take the shaving thing cautiously. Shaving your chest and legs and all the other stuff would probably freak out anyone's wife, so go easy on her. You might want to just try your legs first. I did. When she saw that I liked not having stinky leg hair, at first she told me that she "preferred" that I had leg hair. After a while, she stopped even telling me what she preferred and doesn't mind it at all b/c she's used to it now. I shaved my chest hair completely and she did like it AT ALL. She said she missed being able to rest her head on my hairy chest, so I'm assuming it's the heterosexual thing kicking in in her that she needs to feel a MAN close. I let it grow back... no big deal for me.

I shaved my arms once too and she thought it was a bit over the top, so now I use a bikini trimmer and trim the hair down to a small growth, and she's totally o.k. with it.
As for pubes, you might not want to get rid of ALL of it, because she'll think you look like a little boy and turn her off, at least that's how my wife reacted. I also hear that most women DON'T like fully shaven men down there.

Whatever you do, I would advise just to take it slow with your SO. I mean, what if she grew ALL of her hair back all of a sudden? Eeeew, I know, but how would you really react to her? Over time she might compromise with you.

Lorianne

DonnaT
03-08-2005, 05:12 PM
If I could ask another question, how many of you have wifes that are/were not all all keen on you shaving, and how did you reach a compromise on it?

First time I shaved my legs, back in 1975, my wife started the shaving. Said she didn't like the feel of my hairy legs in bed (newly wed).

Now, however, she doesn't want me to shave them.

In Dec. we were going out to a TG holiday party and I asked her to shave my back. The gown was not condusive to a hairy back or chest. She shaved it, and I shaved my chest. She didn't like it at all, but she did it!

The mustache is gone and the underarms are now hairless, and will continue to be so until I get tired of shaving there, but the rest of my body is now hairy again, even more so, I think.

LaurenAnne
03-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Well on my face it takes a whopping 10 minutes, heh. Takes about two weeks for my chesthair to grow back, and probably about two months for my leghair to fully return.

chris
03-09-2005, 11:05 AM
HI Kylee.

I may be getting in this topic late but I just have to put my 2 cents because I just started shaving my legs with in the last week....Just the other night I told my wife that I was going to do so. As far as the grow back period, I'd have to agree with the other girls that it depends on the person. If I shave in the morning, I can feel the "nubs" coming thru that evening. I plan on keeping a smooth look for a while so I shave almost everyday (arm pits excluded). I didn't really have all that much hair in the first place so it's really no big deal. If someone says something I'll just tell them it makes me run faster ! I think the only comments I'm gonna get is how good my legs look.....I have been shaving and trimming around the "jewels" off and on for a couple of years but never my legs. As I said I told my wife of my intentions very recently, I had already shaved everything accept the very front are of my shins (where most of the hair was) I told her that i had already shaved everywhere else but I was basically waiting to shave the front until she was cool with it....it may be silly but I really feel better doing things like that with her knowledge, I guess it makes things more in the open which to me is very important to me. So I asked, ther was some silence then she simply said ok, that was it. The past month I have really come forward to her with my true feelings about my fem side, I know it's hard for her to understand so I think I'm going to take easy for now, not put to much infront of her. I'm finally taking steps to accept that I'm a cdr....I've been avoiding way to long. Hope this helps.

Chris. :)