PDA

View Full Version : M.A.C. Makeover yesterday and cruising the mall

Donna506
06-20-2007, 06:30 AM
I had my first makeover yesterday at the M.A.C. counter in Raleigh, NC. She did an excellent job. Based on comments last week when I announced I had made an appointment for Tuesday, I appeared partially dressed with jeans and a top with my regular tennis shoes and an Aloha shirt over the top. I carried a travel bag with the wig and shoes to wear. The session was open to the public and near a ladies shoe sales event. I don't know if the 1000's of customers (seemed like that was true) were there to see me or look at shoes. The ladies manning the M.A.C. counter were extremely helpful and reassuring. I must have been in the chair for two hours. The lady helping me was alone for much of the time I was there and had to help other customers. I decided if I could sit there for that long and let store customers see me, I must be either stupid or brave and uninhibited. After the makeover was finished, I decided to walk the mall. I went in several stores, but did not shop seriously. I did need to use the restroom and ventured into the ladies room with no problem. After leaving the mall, I stopped for gas at a self service station. Next I went to the Target where I bought my first panties and bras several weeks ago. I was hoping to see the SA that helped me that day, but could not find her. Then I went to a McDonald's drive thru. Next stop was home. My wife has serious misgivings about my sudden embrace of CDing after keeping it hidden for my whole life. She has taken a position of not wanting to see me. However, today she said she would like to see how they did. She laughed at me and said I looked just like my mother. I took that as a good sign. She suggested I try on several more outfits before removing the makeup. I enjoyed modeling for her all afternoon. I told her I was enjoying the time and was reluctant for it to end. It ended about 9:00 pm and Donna left. This was a wonderful day for me that I will cherish. I will try to add a picture or two.

Victoria Anne
06-20-2007, 06:35 AM
you look great Donna,I'm glad to hear you had such a good time. I hope to find the courage you have displayed,I have yet to go to a mall or shop in femme for that matter.

Kate Simmons
06-20-2007, 06:38 AM
You look nice, Donna. I'm glad you had such positive experiences.:happy:

Di
06-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Wow you did have a good time....and kudos to your wife for sharing it with you.

Phyliss
06-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Donna506 wrote:
"I told her I was enjoying the time and was reluctant for it to end. It ended about 9:00 pm and Donna left. This was a wonderful day for me that I will cherish."

I sooooo understand your feeling. The part I hate about CDing is "having to go back" .

Much like the kid in the pet store who's been playing with a puppy and now has to leave. "You have to give the puppy back" very few of us can take the "puppy" home. For them I am so happy, myself? well,...I haven't had the chance to "model" for my wife, ( she wants no part of it and doesn't want to see me)
Last Thursday I had the day to myself and went shopping with my GG sister and another "sister", almost went into "clinical depression" when the day ended.

Holly
06-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Donna what a great day. MAC is a blast, isn't it? Things at home with your wife sound very encouraging... you must be doing something right. And she must see the value Donna brings to the relationship. Good for both of you!

tifftg
06-20-2007, 12:42 PM
The last photo is so great, you look so very happy.

tracigirl_tv
06-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Donna, I loved reading about your positive experience. Wishing understanding to your wife, and patience to you both *xoxoxo*

Dixie
06-20-2007, 02:13 PM
You look great Donna!

LindaTS
06-20-2007, 02:19 PM
You look absolutely fantastic Donna. I'm so glad you had such a good time.

Sheri 4242
06-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Wonderful story! I felt like you would have a positive experience with MAC -- I've never heard of anyone who wasn't treated right by them. Looks like they spent a lot of time on your eyes -- and that is a big payoff in looks -- maybe its b/c the eyes are the window to the soul?!! Glad you enjoyed your whole experience -- and also glad that your wife seems to be coming around! You look great!

Frankie-Dear
06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
How wonderful!! :hugs: What an incredible experience. Congratulations to your SO, too. It sounds like SHE took a major step, too! :hugs:

Mitch23
06-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Yes - great account and great result for both of you. Musy be the highest compliment to tell you that you look like your mother! Superb pics - they've done a good job on you!

Mitch

Lovely Rita
06-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Wonderful makeover. So glad you had a good experience.

Wendrme
06-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Donna, you look absolutely lovely. And if you look like your mother, she must be beautiful too. I think your wife will come around. Why shouldn't she be happy to have a handsome husband AND a beautiful new friend to share girly things with.
Maybe soon you can share a makeup and a manicure together and, God willing, your mother could make it a threesome.

jaimecdww
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
you look great!, I would have been shaking in my heels for that long of a time.

Alice B
06-20-2007, 04:05 PM
You look great and have a lok more guts than I have. I think it is great that your wife decided to see the end product and then allowed you to expand your dressing. That may be a major breakthrough.:happy:

Bettii
06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Donna- I think you look great and am glad you had a great time. I am from Apex and am glad things when well here in NC- Bettii

dianem
06-20-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm curious what you have to pay back there for a makeover at MAC.
I usually go to a salon and pay around $25.

Alex!
06-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Good for you. And you look fantastic to boot. I don't just say stuff like that - I mean it :)

Phoebe Reece
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Donna,

Your MAC technician did a great job on you. I can see that you would have no problem at all shopping in the mall or going anywhere else for that matter looking that good. The real trick will be to learn how to duplicate that look on your own. I'm sure you will manage it though. You've come a long way in a short time.

Kitty Sue
06-25-2007, 10:04 PM
You like great. Good for you Donna.

Roxi Loh
06-25-2007, 10:36 PM
I think that is the definition of a good day girl. I hope you enjoyed it, I know I would have. I love the parts about trying on outfits all day while made up. That is so much fun. Go girl...

Kaitlyn Michele
06-25-2007, 10:42 PM
First of all you look really great!! Very nice with the makeup and very pretty

i'm glad you had fun and when i've been out like that i've generally had great experiences despite the glances i sometimes get...oh well nothing is perfect!!

anyway..i'm very happy for u!
havefun
michele