PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Delaware

TxKimberly
06-20-2007, 07:14 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1345/573214067_864be67923.jpg

(Found out admin is moving all my posts because I have a lot of pics linked in them, so I kept this to only one pic. If you want to read this with all the pics feel free to visit my blog given in my signature below)

So - I'm on the road again and this time it's Delaware! Newark Delaware to be exact. I asked everyone on several Yahoo groups, and posted on a couple of boards that I belong to, if anyone knew of anything fun to do here. I got back maybe half a dozen responses, most boiling down to "the only good thing to do there is leave". Hmm . . . doesn't sound promising!

Well, based on that advice, I was going to drive to Washington DC to see the Smithsonian again, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought "been there done that" and so I looked for something else to do. What do you know, I'm not far from Philadelphia, and that is where the liberty bell is! I thought maybe I would go take a little look see!

Should I wear my favorite long pink skirt or my new shorter dark pink skirt? Favorite long, or new short? Favorite long or . . . . AAARRRGGGHHH !! My brain got stuck in the loop! I love my long pink skirt but I'm gonna wear it out if I don't wear something else once in a while - shorter skirt it is!

Funny thing that - the shorter skirt I mean. I was nervous in it!

Me. Nervous in a short skirt, and its not really a "short" skirt, just shorter than I have been wearing the last year or two.

I was wearing something else that was new but I feel silly saying it - breast forms. SHHH!! Keep it down - don't say that so loud! They felt HUGE! Normally I use a H2O bra, very small relatively speaking and now I had these things hanging off my front end and felt WAY self conscious about them. They may have to go as anything that makes me less than confident is a bad thing, a death blow to passing.

I figure I'm probably being silly so I decide to give them a shot and I'm headed out!

On the way out of the hotel I saw the book store - book stores and I are good friends. When you spend as much time on airplanes and in airports as I do, reading is a good hobby to have. Well I was almost done with the book I was reading on the way here (it's pretty good so I'm going through it fast) and I needed a new one. What the heck, shopping for a book while looking pretty is as much fun as anything else, so I headed in! Found a book, bought a book, left with the book. No one noticed me, laughed at me, called the cross dressing police, or towed my darn car - we're off to a good start!

Books in hand, I am now headed to Philadelphia and the Liberty Bell. Thought it might be fun to post a couple of pics of the city skyline so I snapped these on the way. Almost ran into a car at 70 MPH looking for my camera while driving - that would have been a bad thing!

I get into the area where the Liberty Bell is and start circling looking for a parking area. This is obviously a tourist spot because the streets are FULL of people walking with cameras, riding horse drawn carts, etc. As I am searching for a parking spot my cell phone rings. While I had completed the job I cam here to do, it was only noon, it's a work day and I love my job, so I answered the phone. It's one of my co-workers looking for help on a instrument I know a little better than he does. I help him with his problem and then it strikes me - he lives in PA! Not in Philadelphia, but in the state, so I ask him if he has seen the Liberty Bell and where was the best place to park? He told me that yes, he's seen it, but that I wont be able to because as a method of crowd control you have to get tickets in advance! They're free, but you still have to get them - I just drove an hour for nothing! I was just thinking this when he says "Guess what? Your not far from me right now"

My heart leapt into my throat. What was I gonna say if he said "come on over" or "I'll come meet you"??!! This is one of my favorite people and I'm not looking forward to coming up with an excuse to snub him, but I'm dressed, didn't bring boy clothes, and am an hour from my hotel. Fortunately fate took pity on me - he had to let me go because a customer was calling him! I figure this is my chance to escape the city and State before he suggests a get together, so I head south for Delaware.

When I get back to the hotel, I look for, and come up with, plan C. If you lost track, here is a recap:

Plan A - had been the Smithsonian - I had decided not to.

Plan B - had been the Liberty Bell - I had been told I couldn't get in IF I found a place to park

Guess what? When they set me up with a hotel, it was right across from . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . . The largest mall in the State!

Plan C - Go to the mall and resume search for pretty pink sandals!

Now I have to comment again on . . ahem <blush> . . .breasts. I am not used to these things that appear to be preceding me by a zip code and I feel very uncomfortable, very self conscious. I get the same feeling I get on the few times I've danced - I'm just sure everyone in the mall is staring at me - at them! I paid attention and not one person did a double take or turned around to get a second look, but still I'm just sure every one is staring at them and giggling.

I find a pair of sandals that I like, they aren't perfect, but they're good AND they are $80 sandals on sale for $40! I pick up the display shoe and turn to ask the SA for my size, but he beats me to the punch

"9 or 9 and a half?" he asked.

"Close, so close!" I said, "but it's a 10" (Damn it - I wish I had small feet!)

He brings out the shoes in size 10 and as he hands them to me I can see it click in his eyes that he has made me. Damn! What is it? Do I have a sign on my forehead? I THINK its my voice that gives me away, but I'm not sure. Tried them on and he was right - the 10 WAS a little too big. This guy is GOOD! I ask for he 9.5s, try them on, like them, and buy them! They have one of those little card machines where you swipe your own card so I used my debit card. Apparently your name comes up on his monitor, or on the receipt, because as he is bagging them and handing them to me, he says "have a nice day Mr ######". Grrrrrrr!!!!

Go back to the hotel where I put on my favorite skirt. You know - the one I wanted these sandals for? Like what I see and headed to see a movie feeling confident in my pretty long skirt.

Went to see Fantastic 4 and as I paid for my popcorn using cash, the kid behind the counter says "Anything else . . sir".

Just a small pause before the "sir".

Not sure if he did it for emphasis or because he truly was not sure what he was supposed to say. Either way, I wanted to jump the counter and choke him!

The movie was fair - not as good as the first two, but fair.

Two sirs in one day - my confidence is not high, so I head to the hotel where I try to decide if I have the guts to go out to dinner or not. One look in the mirror and I decide "not". 11 hours after I did my makeup, my makeup is tired, and my super "a year of laser treatments couldn't kill the damn thing" beard is starting to peak through. Took a shower and realized I hadn't eaten anything but half a bag of popcorn in a day and a half. Should have got a salad but did I? NOOOO, I had to go to KFC and get me some greasy, ultra fattening, "you will never be a size 10" fried Chicken.

Still thinking about going back to smack the kid that called me "sir". Hmmm . . Sir this damn it! <taking a swig of coke and licking chicken grease off my fingers>

Karren H
06-20-2007, 07:19 AM
LOL..... Plan D - Drive to Pittsburgh to see Karren..... Soooo close again!!! You have sooo much fun, Kim... Wish i could travel as much as you!! Crossdressing on an expense account is one hell of a fringe benifit!!! hehe

Love Karren

Di
06-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Awwwwwww well the biggest mall in the state for pretty pink sandals! Even if it was plan c...sounds good to me. And :hmph: Ms size ten shoes.....I wear an eleven:tongueout
I'm sure it was the voice that gave you away.....and dang i'd slap that guy for ya.
And another thing....next time in DC .....if you get near the Women of Military Monument...would you take a pic of it for me:D

SherriePall
06-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Kim -- the Liberty Bell is not the only thing in Philly. Just walking around Center City is something else. Elfred's Alley (the oldest street still as is), the various buildings and homes from the 1700's (please, our European friends, don't laugh, for us that's old.)
You may have even run into Ben Franklin (I'm not kidding).
Maybe next time.

P.S. You look great. Enjoyed the other pics, too.

Stephenie S
06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Dear Kimberly,

Interestingly enough, I have exactly the same reaction when I wear my breast forms. I have spent a lot of time on this forun extolling the virtues of medical grade silicone breast prosthesis even though I don't own a pair (I have seen and handled them professionally). I have a nice pair of PALS. When I wore the PALS, I felt absolutely enormous!!! My wife, and everyone else who saw them, said they fit my frame well and looked really good, but I don't wear them at all any more. Since starting HRT and beginning to "grow my own", the PALS have stayed in the drawer. Even though "my own" are much smaller, they are mine and as such feel much more natural. Plenty of GGs have small breasts so I don't feel too bad, and they are growing, albeit slowly. And they are MINE.

So I can relate to the "next zip code" feeling.

Lovies,
Stephenie

robyn1114
06-20-2007, 07:55 AM
You looked great Kim, even if the jerks in Delaware won't admit it

Holly
06-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Kim, another great adventure. Plan A, plan B, plan C, who cares?! The point is you're out there and your having a great time. The guy at the shoe store and the kid at the concession stand; they're the clueless ones. Honey, you look fantastic. And the breast forms look just fine.

Donna Marie
06-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Dang, from your pic I don't see how you could be mistaken for a guy! It has to be the voice. And if those are the forms in the pic, they look just right for you. As for size 9.5, I should be so lucky - I just squeeze into a 12.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. BTW, who took the pic???

Annaliese
06-20-2007, 08:48 AM
You look great.

KimberlyS
06-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Kim, sorry I missed your request for things to do in Philly as I could have helped with my recent trip there: http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56526

You should have been able to get in to see the Liberty Bell as I had no problems getting in there. And from my understanding sometimes there is a wait to get the Independence Hall and grounds tours but that is an option also. But the day I was there it was kids kids and more kids going on the tours and I was not going to go into that type of environment.

I am glad you had a good time anyway.

PS. where did you get that top, I love it. Please do tell?

Kristen Marie
06-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Kim, we live your stories with you....even the sir part. I get sooo encouraged reading your stories because the thoughts you have are the thoughts sooo many of us have. Even on my trip to Vegas when I was out in a restaurant with them, I thought about you on your trips. Thanks sooo much for sharing.

cocopuff's girl GG
06-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Looks like you had a nice time and I see why you like the pink skirk so much it looks great on you. We went through Delaware on our trip and I didn't see anything interesting there. I did see my first Jetti though in Maryland and there beach sand was clay colored. Where i'm from we have piers built out so you can fish off of them . You can walk out to where the water is deep and fish from off the pier but what I found out is there are no pier's up north. HMMMM What I did find plenty of up north is Duncan donuts, there was almost one on every corner northerner's sure do love donuts. There are no Bojangles chicken up north and they don't know what sweet tea is. Me and the So talked about it and laughed if we had the money to build a pier and open a Bojangles and show em what sweet tea is all about we'd make millions. I did how ever see the Washington Monument, The lincohn Memorial and the Statue of Liberty. I had never seen these before oh and the Pentagon we saw that too. I went and shopped at my first Christmas tree shops. What a blast I could have really done some damage in there. well I saw your pics and it looked like you had a good time too. :love: The off the shoulder top looked really good on you and I also liked the long black skirt it wasn't a solid black but it looked nice too.

JulieC
06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
You know, I recall a recent thread by Kim where she was complaining of growing old, hair growing in wrong places, feeling less feminine, etc...

Then I look at the yahoo 360 images of the delaware trip and...fell over. What was it you were complaining about again? Good lord you look good!

bobi jean
06-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Kim
There is nothing in the pictures that could have possibly given you away.
I even enlarged a couple for a closer look for nose hair, ear hair and even to see if your breast forms were in wrong or crooked,, NOTHING!!! My conclusion is that it must have been just your voice, cause you look GOOD GIRL...
If you ever get over toward San Diego Ca. I'm betting there are some of us here that would like to meet you. Bring your photographer too, does a really good job.

susiej
06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Memo to sales associates, clerks and popcorn sellers:

When addressing a person wearing a dark rose skirt, tight pink shirt over a generously proportioned chest, pretty pink sandals and a cute Lady Di hairdo -- how hard is it to realize you should call her "miss" or "ma'm" for Heaven's sake??? What part of "girl" in this picture do you not understand ???

Sorry, I just had to get that out :) .

Hugs,
Susie

tracigirl_tv
06-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Kim, I so enjoyed reading your account of your trip to my fair city *lol* When you publish your first book, I am requesting an autographed copy, ok?

Now....in Philly, you surely could have seen the Bell (as others here have said). The bigger challenge would have been parking (at least, parking at a reasonable cost). Please come back...there's lots more to do as well. *smile*

Congrats on your pink sandals from Delaware (home of tax-free shopping!).

Much love,

Traci

susie evans
06-20-2007, 01:22 PM
kim
you are enjoying life and having funn who cares about a few little bumps in the road that's what makes us girls stronger go girl :hugs::hugs:

susie

Mitch23
06-20-2007, 02:36 PM
great account - I love reading your stories - feels as though I am there with you. Don't worry about the setbacks - he's not a jerk, probably confused and it can only be the voice. Be safe

Mitch

TxKimberly
06-20-2007, 05:08 PM
PS. where did you get that top, I love it. Please do tell?

At one of my favorite stores . . .Goodwill! :-) Goodwill (at least in the US) is a CD's best resource. They have brand new stuff with the tags still on them from major brands, but for a small fraction of the original cost.
You just have to be willing to look through all the junk to find the treasure.

Thanks to all for your comments!

Jacqui
06-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Kim, you didn't miss much. The Liberty Bell is not all it's cracked up to be. :heehee:

I visited your blog to see the other pics and now I know where you get your good looks from....
Grandma Huddle!

Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Jacqui

Sally24
06-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Great post Kim! I have no idea where the movie guy got the sir because your voice is at least neutral and your appearance is fantastic! Guess some days you just can't figure out what happened. Sounds like your having fun as usual. I love this time of year before it gets too hot. I am hoping to make it out Friday night so I've got to pick out an outfit. Hoping I can look as good as you!

Love

Drucilla
06-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Sorry to hear your trip to Phily was not all you hoped for.
Check out this link if you are ever planning to be in the area again. I can't speak from experience but I found this when I was planning a similar trip and it seemed that there were some good things for a CD'er to do.

http://www.tgatl2.tv/
http://www.ren.org/rafil/gpc/places_to_go.html

Deanna2
06-21-2007, 05:12 AM
Your outfit is so gorgeous.

NatalieGirl
06-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Kim, I went to see the Liberty Bell a couple of years ago. I did not have to get tickets in advance, nor did I have to wait in line at all. I did have to go through security, as they are afraid some muslim will try to blow up the bell.

Regarding your being called "sir", you should remember that very few of us are truly passable. It's just something we have to deal with.