PDA

View Full Version : A question for FTMs

Lovely Rita
06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
It has been said that a charachteristic associated with masculinity is voyeurism and It also has been said that a charachteristic associated with femininity is exhibitionism.

Do you believe there is any truth to this?

I guess it relates a little to the men are from mars kind of thing.

Curious as usual:D

CaptLex
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Never really thought about it, Rita, and while I tend to stay away from male/female stereotypes, I think there may be some truth to that (though I wouldn't say it's true of everyone). My reasoning is that there seem to be more extroverts among women and more introverts among men, and extroverts are more prone to exhibitionism while introverts are probably more comfortable as voyeurs . . . so you could be right. But this is just me thinking out loud - I don't have any statistics to back up my observations. Interesting question, though.

Felix
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I just looked it up and I don't think I could class myself as one of those :o :eek: No way!!! But then what ever floats ya boat comes to mind lol xx Felix :hugs:

happyfish
06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Don't think I'd be comfortable with either, really. But like Capt I try to stay away from stereotypes.

Kieron Andrew
06-20-2007, 01:16 PM
I dont think any of us here whether FTM or MTF are stereotypical male or female, therefore I feel we dont fit into either 100%

ZenFrost
06-20-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't believe in stereotypes so I don't really know if there's any truth to that. I know it certainly isn't true for me (either part).

Devon James
06-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm quite voyeuristic, but I don't know if it relates. I think every type of person can be a voyeur or an exhibitionist, has nothing to do with what you are...

Lovely Rita
06-20-2007, 03:14 PM
Sterotypes yucky.....we don't want that. I don't fit into any that I know of.

Can't see any upside to sterotypes especially for those of us who have escaped the box. I would have to believe that stereotypes are the walls that "The Box" is constructed of.

I know that if anyone had a look at the way my brain is wired they would not know what to make of it for which I am quite proud indeed.

I no longer adhere to the man made requirements:D

Cai
06-20-2007, 05:15 PM
That seems odd, since one of the "feminine virtues" is modesty, but guys are known for showing off, measuring, and comparing a certain body part.

I don't think I fall into either category, really.

Lovely Rita
06-29-2007, 05:28 PM
That seems odd, since one of the "feminine virtues" is modesty, but guys are known for showing off, measuring, and comparing a certain body part.

I don't think I fall into either category, really.

Just thought it was the Go Go dancer in me. Never thought it could be the guy in me popping out (pardon the pun):D

jsoto81
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with the stereotype, at least for me, I definitely get aroused by watching women. But I like to be teased not flat out nudity, think American Maxim Magazine. When my ex would dance for me and just totally tease me and that was such a turn on.

But once again that's just me.

And just like those born proper i guess you would say, everyone has different things. A friend of mine (GB) think women over 250 lbs (113 KG) is hot, while I personally like small feminine GGs. It's all in what moves your furniture.

Lovely Rita
07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with the stereotype, at least for me, I definitely get aroused by watching women. But I like to be teased not flat out nudity, think American Maxim Magazine. When my ex would dance for me and just totally tease me and that was such a turn on.

But once again that's just me.

And just like those born proper i guess you would say, everyone has different things. A friend of mine (GB) think women over 250 lbs (113 KG) is hot, while I personally like small feminine GGs. It's all in what moves your furniture.

I had always heard that men were more voyeuristic and it is a generalization but that was the take for some time. It is very intersting to hear from everyone here.:D