PDA

View Full Version : ENOUGH (venting)

Staci G
06-20-2007, 10:34 AM
:Angry3:
As I have posted before I have let my CDL go and had no intention of driving again. Well business is way down in the brokerage and have decided to go back on the road. Besides the fact I get to dress ALOT more than I am now I really miss the road and the money! I was talking to my wife this morning about it, it is going to cost about $500.00 to get the CDL back because I have to pay a 3rd party tester for the road test. She told me to get the money together and it will be fine, weeeeelllllllll I sold a set of golf clubs I had in the closet and figured that is plenty and some left over she decided that money was to go elsewhere and I better figure out another way to pay for the CDL.
Most know she already gave me the ultimatum to stop dressing or else. I feel like I have given in so many times I can't do it any more. The only reason she don't want me on the road is she can't keep control on me at all times. She said I can drive as long as it is local and I am home every night. I was a truck driver when we met and she came on the truck with me then she started to drive team. When she decided it was time we came off the road (again anything to make her happy)

It has been a long time since I have been happy in this marriage and I do not see it getting any better. I have not even seen my mother in almost 2 years and she is only 250 miles away. The wife says we don't have the time and money now. Yes she has control on the purse strings too My name is on the checking account but not on the checks.
Maybe I need to grow a pair and get the h*** out of here.. Thanks for letting me vent I know some don't care some do and others may be in the same sinking boat.
But all the same thanks for having this site for me to air my feelings if I am not on for a while I will be back!!!:hugs:

TracyH
06-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Maybe I need to grow a pair and get the h*** out of here..

You said it so I don't have to.

JulieC
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
You haven't seen your mother in two years due to your wife controlling the purse strings? Good grief! That's insane!

500 miles round trip / 30 * $3 = $50 for gas. That can't be spared at SOME point over two years so you can see your mother?

I lost my mother some years ago. What I wouldn't give for a few more precious moments with her. You can never replace the time she is here on this planet.

bobi jean
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
A PAIR, of what? Sorry hon but it sounds as tho your wife has control (of everything) so a new pair of balls aint gonna help much unless you are ready to use 'em. On the other hand a pair of boobs, well I'm sure all of us are aware of where that would lead. MAY NOT BE A BAD IDEA THO!!!!!!!!

angelfire
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
You definitely either need to get out, or gain control in the relationship. If you sell YOUR belongings for money, and she decides where that money goes, that is just ridiculous.

Staci G
06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
You haven't seen your mother in two years due to your wife controlling the purse strings? Good grief! That's insane!

500 miles round trip / 30 * $3 = $50 for gas. That can't be spared at SOME point over two years so you can see your mother?

I lost my mother some years ago. What I wouldn't give for a few more precious moments with her. You can never replace the time she is here on this planet.

My mom is 90 and I agree 100% The $ is only an excuse there is always something time,the dogs, the birds, daughter, any excuse will do.
Thanks for the responses I agree with them I just have to do something and I am the only one that can do anthing about it..

bobi jean
06-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Hon
you said your name is on the account!! What is stopping you from withdrawing the money for your CDL? Once you have the license, all sorts of new roads will open for you!!!
GOOD LUCK AND THE VERY BEST TO YOU DEAR!!!

bobi jean
06-20-2007, 12:06 PM
First Stop Is Your Mothers, Right?

RobertaFermina
06-20-2007, 12:52 PM
For better and for worse !

Let her know it's going to get worse before it's going to get better.
You are taking back your power, and since it has been so long since you have had it, it will probably look messy and wasteful. It will be painful, because she will have to give up power and fairly guide you in regaining it effectively. Encourage her that when she hangs on for the ride, you will both be happier.

It is up to her if she wants to keep her vows and go along for the ride, and up to you to keep your backbone and DRIVE!

In Love and Service,

:rose: Roberta :rose:

MsJanessa
06-20-2007, 02:34 PM
let Me get this straight---you sold a set of YOUR golf clubs to get your CDL back and your wife took the money and spent it elsewhere--ON WHAT!!??--unless it was an absolute emergancy she had no right do do that--she sounds like a total control freak---you have My permission to leave her.

bobi jean
06-20-2007, 02:37 PM
What ROBERTA said X 100.