PDA

View Full Version : Unsolicited Advice

Donna506
06-20-2007, 04:07 PM
In response to a post earlier today about my M.A.C. makeover yesterday, I sent a message to one of the responders. I would like to also share the thoughts in it with you (y"all for Southerners). Keep in mind that I had no wig on for the whole episode of the 2 hour makeover. Here is what I want to share. "I am nearly 69 and have decided that I need to catch up fast with those who began embracing CDing as a regular part of their life. I guess the most reassuring thing for me is that I realize that no matter how much work we have done on our appearance, we will still have male features that betray us as CDers to some. I recently attended a Tri-Ess chapter meeting and went out with the members who were dressed. I was in drab. I observed the reactions of the other people we came in contact with and did not notice any strong negative reactions. In my opinion, none of the members did a good job of passing. However, they enjoyed themselves and seemed to forget how they looked to others. I asked one if it bothered him that he did not pass. He said that if he could pass, it would be like no one would recognize that he was expressing his complete self. Since then, I have realized that we are kidding ourselves if we think we will ever be totally convincing. The truth is most people you come in contact with when out will not be offended and may even admire your courage. One lady customer at the M.A.C. counter while I was getting the makeover asked the SA about me. When told I was there for a makeover, she said "Good for him." I sorta hoped that I could have met a sympathetic GG watching my makeover who would let me shop with her after it was done. Maybe next time." Thanks for listening.

KandisTX
06-20-2007, 04:17 PM
We all do what we can to "pass". Personally, I do what I feel like doing and I have fun doing it. THAT in itself is what living life is all about. Have fun in whatever you do.

Kandis:love:

susie evans
06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
i am very happy for you and your positave experiance i hope you enjoy many more and you look very nice also :hugs:

susie

MsJanessa
06-21-2007, 11:28 AM
well there is passing and there is being accepted----I would rather be accepted

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
In my minds eye I pass everytime I get dressed, but in everyone elses eye I am a man in a dress. I do it for me and not anyone else so it does not matter what others think about me. I try my best to look dignified and confidant when dressed and I try to not demean the woman in me. Do it for yourself and it will be easier, you are really what matters!