PDA

View Full Version : Made Appointment for a Wig Consultation

Jenn2716
06-20-2007, 09:11 PM
I know I haven't been around for awhile. My cding has not been quite as frequent as it has been in the past due to some issues between my wife and I. However, things are getting back to normal and as a birthday treat to myself I decided to buy a new wig.
The one I have now is ok, but I find it still looks like a wig to me. So I've saved up some money during the past year and I made an appointment at a Hair Design Boutique that specializes in women's wig with private fittings. They were completely ok with me being TG and said that they have a few cd's who are fairly regular customers.
They are pricey $220 - $560 but I figure that you have quality and for the discretion of a private room. My wife is 100% (though would like me to select a wig in the lower range) and will be coming with me next week to the salon.

I'm so excited to get to go out dressed up again. Plus the added bonus of getting a new wig. This will make turning 31 a little easier. :happy:

Chiana
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
That sounds like so much fun. I have done something like that once before. It was such a wonderful experience. I hope your experience is at least as good as mine was.

Jenn2716
06-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks Chiana, I'm really looking forward to the experience, and I hope I learn a lot more about wigs. I've never really learned how to care for and maintain a nice wig before.

susie evans
06-24-2007, 12:17 AM
you will have fun and learn a lot enjoy :hugs:

susie

Mitch23
06-24-2007, 06:06 AM
sounds like you are now able to move forward - bless you both

Mitch

Alice B
06-24-2007, 07:14 AM
That is great and the fact that your wife is going to go with you even better. I just got a new wig last month ($225) and love how it makes me look and feel. Send us some shots when you get it.:hugs:

Sam-antha
06-24-2007, 09:15 AM
That is surely one of the biggest fun experiences in our lives shopping for our selves. There are things to learn from the fitter, even tips on how to remove the wig, let alone put it on smoothly.
Maybe there is even a beautician in the building. It often hapens tha tone goes with the other. engjoy yourself.
~Samm
Ps Are you going dressed ? If you do then you willl get the best advice and really it willbe no more difficult gong in dressed than in drab !!!!
Be happy
~Samm.

Kaitlyn Michele
06-24-2007, 09:32 AM
enjoy it!! you will love it...yesterday i went to a hair replacement center and was styled and fitted for a custom wig...it was really great...

hopefully the people working with you will be as nice and fun as the ones i had..

so have fun!@!!!

windycissy
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Smart girl! I put up with loser wigs for years, now I'm so happy with the one I got at a wig salon. Don't worry about trying on several different styles and ask for the less expensive ones - I bought one that was around $125 but I liked it on me better than the others and it's held up great. Also, if the wig stylist offers to trim it once you've decided to buy it, don't be afraid to let her do her thing - my stylest created the cutest bangs that I just love. Good luck and have fun!

Susan Johnson
06-24-2007, 04:33 PM
As I have posted previously, I wasn't too happy with the wig I had which my wife and I bought in a department store several years ago so last October when I knew we were going to be away from our home area I contacted a 'wig seller' who I had found through the phone book yellow pages. This lady worked from a private address not a shop and made it clear she was used to supplying crossdressers. She also indicated that partners were welcome to come along. I went along with my wife, it was nice being fussed over. I probably tried on about 10 in various styles and colours. I had intended to buy two but with my wife suggested I buy four. (I do love that woman). The seller was in Hull in North Yorkshire. If anyone requires the details please PM me and I will let you have her phone number.
best wishes to all
Susan

Susan.
06-24-2007, 11:10 PM
If you are interested in passing or simply looking your best, a good wig is a must. My wigs are very inexpensive and it shows, but then I have problems bigger than a bad wig. :heehee: