PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing shame, anyone?

Alice Torn
06-20-2007, 11:59 PM
I know full well, that some of us, have experienced shame, about the male sex organs. I sure have, from childhood. Once, my sister had to see my plumbing, when I was carried naked into the bathroom, after I broke an ankle, in teenage years. I was terribly embarrassed! I think the church school I was sent to, also, at times, taught that sex was dirty, so, I though my plumbing was shameful. I wonder if this has contributed to crossdressing, in myself, and others. I would gueass , it has in a few: penis shame.

marie354
06-21-2007, 12:12 AM
I can understand... I never thought that it really belonged on me in the first place, but it was, and I've dealt with it all these years.
Unless HRT and SRS are in your future, what can you do but live with it.
:hugs:

angelfire
06-21-2007, 12:16 AM
The only reason I wouldn't want it would be to look better in panties without tucking, and know what it feels like. But I can handle it.

princessmichelle
06-21-2007, 12:34 AM
The last time I was ashamed about my male plumbing was HS gym class.

But I do not like it. I wish it wasn't there. I wish it was female instead.

Michelle Elizabeth

brenya
06-21-2007, 01:05 AM
i think its ugly, but i get along with it ok

prettywithsideburns
06-21-2007, 02:17 AM
heck no! if anything I'm a little too fond of it.

stormrider
06-21-2007, 03:01 AM
I was always quite self concious of myself because of my shyness, My only shame was of lack of size though. Got teased a lot so I learned early to keep from being seen nude a lot. I had a lot of fun with it but I probably would have more fun if I had female organs.

Michelle

Phyliss
06-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Never really spent much time being "ashamed" of "it" in fact used to like the idea that "it" was there. Lately however, I've found that I would rather "it" be not there. Don't care for the "lump" it makes. Even when I "tuck" (which I do all day, everyday, and wear tight undies to bed to maintain the "look") there is some bit of a bump there. Occasionally I get it right and am nicely FLAT.
I've spoken to my therapist about this feeling. Kinda like "wanting my cake and not having it". Don't want to do the "Big Snip" but wouldn't be unhappy if "it" just fell off.

Kate Simmons
06-21-2007, 05:53 AM
There are advantages and disadvantages with everything Lucille. I usta have the same feelings. When I was little, I used to think of crazy things to do to get rid of it, including tying a rope to a door knob and closing the door real hard (Ouch!). I finally realized the little "fella" was trying to tell me something. Like what? "This is the way it is pal, so deal with it." I got to thinking what would Wonder Woman do in a case like this? Then it dawned on me, how do I know Wonder Woman isn't really a guy dressed up? I like action adventure heroines. In fact, how did I know Wonder Woman, Jamie (the bionic woman) and Emma Peel weren't really guys? They had the attitude and so would I. Who's to know really if I do it right? So, that is what I did. Seems to work for me, plumbing notwithstanding.;):battingeyelashes:

Kathleen Ann Trees
06-21-2007, 06:20 AM
This is an interesting question, and one I look forward to hearing from you all. I guess I'll sum my response by stating a line from a favored movie Rocketman. "I like it."

I've never had the "I'm in the wrong body" syndrome. I can't remember exactly when I heard the phrase "I hate my penis" as it relates to boys who want to be, or believe they truly are, girls. But I was probably in my late 20's. (Remember as I approach 50, we didn't have as much contact with others or have as much info as we do today with the internet and this wonderful forum.)

As the youngest of 4 boys, my house never lacked for testosterone. But, as the last son, I frequently heard "we always wanted a girl". I've always wondered to what level that has influenced my psyche. Freud would have loved me wanting to be my Mom and Daddys' little girl.

But, again, I've always felt like a boy who wants to dress like a girl. Not someone who IS a girl. As the say about McDonald's Chicken Nuggets, "Parts are parts." Alas, when dressing, it does kinda get in the way.

Kathleen

Jere Oneil
06-21-2007, 06:38 AM
I can't say I've ever been ashamed of my plumbing, but I can remember being envious when the little girl next door and I played, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"(don't think perv here, we were both around 4 or 5).

LeeAnn_cd
06-21-2007, 07:06 AM
I never really cared for my plumbing at all especially when I first started dressing always seemed to get alittle anxious if you know what I mean. Now its just common place like putting on male clothing when I have to. I have looked into getting the big snip but after reading about what has to be done how many surgurys there can be to get things rights and the money factor,the pain factor I just learned to deal with it. With all the money spent on surgurys would I still be happy knowing I am not complete. On the outside things would look right but on the inside knowing how I started out in life as a male who knows.

Granted I would look really nice with a smooth line down there. Thats why I like wearing long skirts don't have to hide too much. But breast enhancement :hmmm:thats something to look into......:thinking:

Dixie
06-21-2007, 07:15 AM
No, not ashamed of the plumbing, I really like it. I would however like to try having female parts for a day.

Karren H
06-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Well I liked mine!! Always fun to play with growing up... Can I say that? Lol. But I always thought it was on the smallish size though had more than a few GF's tell me otherwise... :) But anyway.. Come to find out that small is good when it comes to tucking!!!

Love Karren

MJ
06-21-2007, 08:05 AM
well for me.. the thing is there and in some ways i am ashamed but thanks to hormones it's a real small little guy and i don't have to tuck :heehee:

ARI
06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
I've always liked mine and used it well in my marriage, but, it always got in the way when I wanted to look sexy. Now that it's "out of order", I wish it wasn't there.

Frankie-Dear
06-21-2007, 09:06 AM
I love mine. Nothing like the "Forbidden Tallywhacker Dance Of Exceedingly Great Joy," to tug all of the seriousness right out of it. :heehee:

JoanFlores
06-21-2007, 09:11 AM
I have no problem, since I am small it is easier when tucking

LisaRose
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Hack it, wack it, cut it off. I would even give up 'dressing' if I could have Mr. Willy become Ms. Nilly.

KimberlyS
06-21-2007, 10:48 AM
I never really have been ashamed of it but always knew I was on the smaller side. Of course as a guy I would always want it bigger but that is not going to happen, so I enjoy what I have.

Interestingly I came across a web site awhile back while looking for something else on mens health. The site have size averages and interestingly they included the ranges for being a Hermaphrodite and a border line Hermaphrodite that they called the Trans-gender range or something like that. Interestingly I fit into the Trans-gender range. Not a hermaphrodite but below the normal ranges. It makes one wonder how close I was to the Drs telling my parents I should have been a girl and would have fixed me. I am glad that did not happen as I would have been a FTM TS, but I may have had a set of breast due to early HRT.

I will just stick with what I have.

SANDRA MICHELLE
06-21-2007, 10:48 AM
I like mine and wouldn't ever want to be without it. I always joke with people that my wife when she first saw it asked me "who are you going to please with that thing" and my answer is always, "Myself" and I have been for a lot of years now. It usually gets a goog laugh. I also joke that "it aint long, but it sure is thin". Another good one is the one where my two brothers and I go into a bar and a very sexy girl comes up to us and states that she will have sex with us if our size adds up to 20 inches so we go upstairs with her and measure up and it totals exactly 20 inches so we all get lucky with her. Afterwards we are all drinking and having a good time talking about our good fortune with her and my first brother says man am I glad mine was 10 inches and my second brother says ya, I'm glad mine was 9 inches and I state man am I glad mine was hard. What a cut up I am. In all seriousness I am a crossdresser and am happy with that, only wish I could get breast implants though.

Chantelle CD
06-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Got to say i love mine!!! love how it looks, how it makes me feel, and must say the wife really like it too, cant even imagine it not being there...DAMN...tucking only takes all of 5 seconds and slip on panties, and its gone, then i just sit on it muhaaaa no penis shame here, love my lil buddy!!!

Stephenie S
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
I have never been "ashamed" of my genitals. I sure wish they weren't there and they really get in the way sometimes, but I don't think that shame enters into the picture for me at all. I can remember being acutely self concious when I was little, but I think that is pretty universal. I'm not that way now. Now I just wish I didn't have 'em.

Lovies,
Steph

Joyce1702
06-21-2007, 07:20 PM
I had "issues" as a kid. Besides thinking that I was the only boy in the world who wanted to wear girl's clothing, I also seemed to be the only one (in my small class at school) who was uncirumcised. It made be extremely self-conscious when having to shower after gym class.

Joyce

Angie G
06-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I like my plumbing but some times I can do without it :hugs:
Angie

Frankie-Dear
06-21-2007, 07:24 PM
Nice to see that you've come out of your shell, Joyce! :heehee::hugs:

Joyce1702
06-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Nice to see that you've come out of your shell, Joyce! :heehee::hugs:

That's so bad! :)

Joyce

Frankie-Dear
06-21-2007, 08:35 PM
That's so bad! :)

Joyce

:devil: I know.... I'm sorry... :hugs::love:

brenya
06-21-2007, 08:55 PM
with all these thoughtful posts I thought I'd post a serious answer, the facts are, I don't really like having it, but I don't feel that strongly about it, it seems impossible to tuck, everythings pretty large down there, which I guess I'm supposed to be happy about, but I never have been, I have given up on trying to hide it for now, since I don't go out anyway, don't get me wrong I don't hate being a male, but I wouldn't mind being a female, I guess I don't care enough either way to do anything drastic about it, but I'm still young and you never know what I might feel like down the road

carnut62
06-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Me and the little guy are old friends, I would never think of losing him and have never been ashamed of him. I don't have any experience with other guys sizes but from what I have seen in videos and tv it seem small but nothing to be ashamed of. I wish I had more control and he didn't get so excited all the time, but I couldn't imagine life without him. I didn't try tucking until a few years ago and he sure doesn't like to hide very well but his two brothers do hide pretty well.

Tabitha

Chantelle CD
06-22-2007, 03:48 AM
with all these thoughtful posts I thought I'd post a serious answer, the facts are, I don't really like having it, but I don't feel that strongly about it, it seems impossible to tuck, everythings pretty large down there, which I guess I'm supposed to be happy about, but I never have been, I have given up on trying to hide it for now, since I don't go out anyway, don't get me wrong I don't hate being a male, but I wouldn't mind being a female, I guess I don't care enough either way to do anything drastic about it, but I'm still young and you never know what I might feel like down the road

Mine was serious.......I love my lil buddy :P

Slip Affinity
06-22-2007, 05:21 AM
Yea, when younger and all through my school years I felt pretty "undersized" compared to other kids but I grew out of that when I got married. Sometimes I'd wish that it would just drop off but in reality I wouldn't want that to happen. We've enjoyed a good "working" relationship over the years and have had and still have some good times. I've dealt with it this long, no reason to change that now. HOWEVER, if I could reincarnate as female the next time WITH full knowledge of what I had in this life time ... that'd be great. But for the remainder of this life, I have the best of both worlds.

Sedona
06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Lucille,

I'd seriously consider going to see a good therapist. No, you're not crazy or anything, but a good counsellor can help clear a lot of the static in our heads. It definately worked for me when I decided to tell my girlfriend about my CDing. Perhaps he or she can help you figure out what's what.

Best!

RuthieER
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
I really enjoy what I have between my legs; that's how I know I am a CD and not TS. I once thought seriously abut SRS . . . for about fifteen minutes. I can tuck well enough to give my figure a nice line in tight skirts, but enjoy very much how it feels untucked in nylon panties. I've never been ashamed of it, even in HS gym class, because everyone there was equally embarrassed.

Ruthie

Alice Torn
06-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Sedona, Yes, I have been to a psychotherapist or two, before, not so much about sexual things. I could not afford it, now. I have come to realize, that i come froma family, with a history of emotional, sexual, and mental illnesses, especially, on my mom's side. Sex was taboo, to discuss. I realize, that my sister was offended, when she saw my plumbing, once. A number of women I have befriended, are terrified of sex, and male plumbing. The female, whe lets me stay in a room, was obviouslly raped, as a child, has a mustache, to keep men away, wears baggy jeans, big shirts, running shoes, is fat. I feel a certain amount of male shame, from all of the women I have been around, who hate sex, are terrified, of men. I have never, ever had intercourse, with anyone. Yes, a 53 yeqar old virgin!! They should make a movie about my life. It would be one hell of a movie! I am not so ashamed of my plumbing, now, as much as I think male plumbing is UGLY!

DawnRodgers
06-23-2007, 12:46 AM
Ashamed ? No. Kind of neutral about the whole thing. Enjoy not having to sit in a stall (oh, those nasty toilet seats) but do sit every chance I get. Men are slobs. Would love to know how an orgasm feels with a vagina. Also love to experience pregnancy and childbirth. What I would love most would be to have real female C-cup breasts. That would be the greatest.
Dawn

Tvanessa
06-23-2007, 07:32 AM
I can relate to the church school issue having gone to elementary school at a hardnosed Babtist school myself. What I did not realize until many years after I had left this school was the impact it had on my self esteem. My self esteem was very low for most of my life and when you are a kid and teachers are telling you that you will never measure up to God or Jesus' standards I guess you tend to believe it. Luckily, when I realized the root of my problem I was able to correct my confidence issues. As far as penis shame goes, Istill wish it wasn't there at times and I will probably never have surgery so I just make the best of what I've got.

renee99
06-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Shame? no. I was made to feel ashamed for playing with it. But I'm not ashamed of having it. It wasn't my fault that I have it.

Hate it? no. It's just there. We don't really talk much. It does its job. I've been told it is of reasonable size. It comes in useful when you have a SO with female parts.

Would I remove it if I could do so painlessly and by the power of my mind alone? Yes, but only if it was inverted, not simply removed. As I said, I don't hate it enough to destroy it for no good reason, but an opportunity to have the inverted counterpart would be too good to pass up. Could I switch on days when my SO is in the mood?

Can I be happy while still having it? Probably. That all depends how my attitude towards it changes over time. As long as it's still useful for pleasing my SO, then why not? Once it quits working, I rather think I might want to experience what the other side does. By that time, maybe technology and society advances to the point where I will be able to change it effortlessly.

I guess a non-plussed or negative attitude towards one's phallus is one marker of those who are more seriously transgendered than "just plain crossdressers". Those who are non-plussed like myself are unlikely to make the switch unless it's very easy to do so. They feel as though they "want" or "would like" to do it. Those who are negative find any way they can provide in order to make the switch. They feel as though they "need" to do it. Just different degrees of the same thing, imo.

KandisTX
06-25-2007, 06:36 PM
I don't recall if I was ever ashamed of my outie, but I do know there are times that I wish the skirts would lay so much better if it were not there.

Kandis:love:

Sapphire
06-25-2007, 06:59 PM
No. Was never a cause for concern. This is yet a another interesting thread illlustrating the diversity of life experiences that may or may not explain crossdressing. It seems that there may be many different factors at work and that we are obviously not a very homogeneous group - excepting our shared propensity for crossdressing.

trannie T
06-26-2007, 09:21 PM
There is nothing wrong with having a penis.
There is nothing wrong with being a crossdresser.
I am not ashamed of anything (except for still being registered as a Republican.)