PDA

View Full Version : Breastforms & Hollister Adhesive Issues

Monica Santos
06-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Has anyone had skin irritation after using Hollister brand spray adhesive to afix breastforms? I have, on occasion, had red marks and small blisters after wearing breastforms with Hollister.

:eek:

sandra-leigh
06-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Has anyone had skin irritation after using Hollister brand spray adhesive to afix breastforms? I have, on occasion, had red marks and small blisters after wearing breastforms with Hollister.

My first reaction was that this question was more appropriate for Health and Beauty, but thinking for a second, the place the subject has been discussed before is mostly Clothing Talk.

I personally have never had any skin irritation with Hollisters (or nothing worth noting; some redness that faded quickly). I have, though, experienced little tiny broken blood vessels mostly in a ring around the outside of the forms. That's the place where the greatest pressure to seperate was, and the forms were essentially pulling away from the skin; the effect is exactly the same as for a "hickey". I suspect you would get this effect with any adhesive that actually held. (It didn't happen with the actors' prosthetic adhesive I used, but that's because that never really held very well and the forms tended to slip rather than hold in one place.)

Gisele
06-23-2007, 11:20 AM
I have had the exact same reaction as you do. Little water blisters and all. The first time I used the glue I wore me forms for almost 2 days. When I took them off I seen some blisters. I poped them and wow they burned in the shower!

I talked to a lady that I bought my 2nd set of forms from and told her of my problem. She said that I am alergic to madical glue and not to use it any more. Even the double sided tape does it to me also.

I do use the glue some but only on outings and not for more than about 5 hours. I do get a little itchy but no blisters. I hate having this condition cause I love having them glued on and not having to wear a bra.