PDA

View Full Version : Awful or Awesome?

Janailene
06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
What is in a word? Was It a Freudian slip or just a mistake? This morning my SO said,” Wow! You look Awesome – No I meant awful.”

She tolerates Janice and does not want to see her. Well, over the last 3 months I have had to be on a very limited diet due to a medical problem. I’ve lost lots of weight and have started to exercise again to get better curves. I have always worn leotard and tights with my forms and an underwire bra to exercise plus full make-up and perfume. She wanted me to go to the mailbox for the morning paper, but that is not a walk to make as I was dressed. So I slipped on a pair of side zipper stretch twill tan slacks and a bright yellow short sleeved boat neck tee which accented my full breasts, I slipped on the zipper jacket of a warm-up suit to reduce the obvious woman’s shape. It is black with wavy gold decoration. I did not zip it.

To get to the mailbox I went through the kitchen, not knowing that she was there. I was surprised by her and that is when she said the quote above. What do you think Freudian slip or just another shot at Janice?

DonnaT
06-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Well, since she started with the word "Wow" I reckon she really did mean "awesome".

And your mirror probably confirms that?

Kate Simmons
06-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Hard to say, Hon. When I get up in the morning and look in the mirror, I would hardly use the word "awesome".:heehee:

ElleCD
06-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I would go with "awesome" too. The "wow" is a dead giveaway.

gmss
06-21-2007, 05:58 PM
If it was a Freudian slip, it was in your favor.

First thing that slipped out was "awesome" so you probably should have thanked her!

Angie G
06-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Must of been awesome hun :hugs:
Angie

aka.laura
06-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Any giveaways in her face? Raised eyebrows? Twinkling eyes? Curling lips? Music in her voice?

MsJanessa
06-22-2007, 09:48 AM
both

bobi jean
06-22-2007, 09:51 AM
The WOW! IS A GIVE AWAY.
iF SHE HAD INTENDED AWFUL SHE WOULD HAVE BEGAN WITH DAMN!!!

Emily Ann Brown
06-22-2007, 09:51 AM
She was surprised at how good you looked, and determined to not let you forget she detests your fem side.

Emily Ann

Karren H
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
She was surprised at how good you looked, and determined to not let you forget she detests your fem side.

Emily Ann

Bingo, Em!!

Karren

Valerie Nicole
06-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I'd like to play devil's advocate if I may. Are you sure it was "wow" and not "whoa"? Could be a huge difference there.

Though from your description what it sounds like happened is she reacted with one part of how she felt ("wow!" and "awesome!") and then corrected this with another part of how she felt ("I mean awful").

Janailene
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I agree with Valerie. I wish it were not so but it is.