PDA

View Full Version : Non accepting friends

angelfire
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Okay, so last night I was haning out with a few friends, and we put on this TV show. It was about the life of a few different people. One was a ftm performer, one was a mtf hooker, a domme, and 2 lesbian partners.

So anyway, my friends reacted very poorly to the mtf, saying things like "Wow, some people are messed up." or "How do people end up like that." Obviously, they don't know about me, but I generally kept my opinions to myself as to not hint at anything.

Now, next week I work 3 days at a women's clothing store that will be opening to set it up. Then, maybe be working shipping/recieving. So they asked if I had a job, and I told them yes, and what it was. One of them laughed and said "well, at least you don't have to wear the clothes." and I replied "But what if I want to?" like I was joking, just to gauge a reaction. He said "Thats alright, just do it in shipping where no one can see you."

Anyway, at least I now know I have a group of friends who I shouldn't come out to.

KandisTX
06-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I found out many years ago that the group of people I called friends, well, some of them anyway, were not REAL friends. Once my "secret" was out of the closet, they were out of my life. To them I say "Good Riddance". If they cannot accept me for who and what I am then I do not need them in my life.

Kandis:love:

Sheila
06-22-2007, 11:08 AM
actually it is my belief that casual remarks should not be taken as indicative of how people really think about the subject in question ........ few folks really like to go against the norm in casual conversation but if a more serious discussion ensues then you are able to gauge peoples real reactions IMHO