PDA

View Full Version : All guy stuff

noname
06-22-2007, 05:11 PM
As many here know, I've been buying womens cloths for the style and cut. Well I started shopping at some higher end stores. I wandered in and to my shocking surprise capris for men. I browse more and find fitted stretch shirts for guys, and polo shirts with shorter sleaves. Talk about hog heaven. It was the styles and cuts I like, that fit oh so well.

So I buy some clothes and guess what? I still get occasional looks. Then I thought to myself, wierd, everything I'm wearing is from the mens department. Nike sandals, capris soft stretchy shirt, messenger bag. Perhaps I'm not a cd cause I felt so good for the first time in ages. Then I thought maybe I can start buying guys clothes now. But alas I remember, they don't make stretchy flare jeans for guys. Heck they don't make most jean/pant styles for guys.

Sometimes I just don't know.

Kate Simmons
06-22-2007, 05:27 PM
It really doesn't matter what you wear my friend. You are who you are in your heart and that is the important thing.:happy:

sterling12
06-22-2007, 10:02 PM
You say they now make Capri's for men? It's amazing how fashion gets recycled, time and time again. Guess they run out of ideas.

Way back before electricity, when Joanie was a pre-teen, there was about a 2 year period when young men were wearing pants for summer that looked exactly the same. Back then, early sixties, they called them "clamdiggers." I had an ugly green pair myself. Great when out fishing, except you often got chiggers.

I have seen "Capripants" in about three different revivals for women. In my Mom's time, they were called "pedalpushers." Then in the early sixties, "clamdiggers" for both sexes, Now of course, it's "Capri's."

My point? In fashion, there's practically nothing new under the sun. It just gets recycled. Ladies, that's why your Mom's saved so many things down in the basement, or in the attic. They just knew it would be coming around again.

Peace and Love, Joanie

noname
06-23-2007, 02:39 AM
FYI, they won't call them mens capris as we all know the sky would fall. I've seen them called longest shorts, long shorts, and messenger pants. The pair I got was the first pair that had good fit and wasn't overly baggy.

Kinda pisses me off, they think nothing of making and advertising the boyfriend pants. The industry need to settle on a name. Amazing how homophobic people are.

Alaceann
06-23-2007, 06:05 AM
I had a black pair and a white pair back in the 60's. Never gave a thought about them being fem.

Leah B
06-23-2007, 11:29 AM
It's kinda like "Man purse." A woman wears it, it's a purse, a man wears it, it's a man-purse. Silly.

Marla S
06-23-2007, 11:45 AM
It really doesn't matter what you wear my friend. You are who you are in your heart and that is the important thing.:happy:
Right.
But you can look too feminine for the crowd (Are you gay ?) in male clothes too.
Again a proof that the label doesn't matter :heehee:
That's why I also buy mens' clothes too ... seldom actually, but I do ... if they have a better fit (usually the sleeves) and match my style.

When I started to CD 24/7 it had to be labeled "womens' wear".
Now labels lost their meaning and I buy what I like the most (90 % still labeled "womens' wear though :heehee:)

angelfire
06-23-2007, 02:21 PM
I actually was talking to a friend the other day, and he told me he used to have a "Cotton Ginny" t-shirt which he loved, because it was so soft and comfy, and he only realised after that Cotton Ginny is a women's clothing store. He still thought it was comfy though. Then he changed the subject.

You are what you are. I mean, naturally, we are all born nude anyway, so its just clothing. If its mens or women should be irrelevant. Wear what you want.

MsJanessa
06-25-2007, 07:14 AM
now if they would just make pencil skirts, black leather minidresses, makeup, bouffant wigs and flowery perfume for men I would be all set

Karren H
06-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Guess with the clothing designers femming up mens atire and femming down women clothing...... someone will have to start making clothes just for US..... Maybe even our own stores...

But then again it wouldn't be crossdressing anymore.... Sigh

Karren

Priscilla Ann
06-25-2007, 09:00 AM
now if they would just make pencil skirts, black leather minidresses, makeup, bouffant wigs and flowery perfume for men I would be all set

I think they have recently come out with eyeliner for men because of people like Johnny Depp.

noname
06-25-2007, 02:55 PM
But you can look too feminine for the crowd (Are you gay ?) in male clothes too.

Nope, not gay. I'm sure people some people think I'm a flaming homo. Though I'm sure I confuse the daylights out of store checkers and stuff who know I'm married. I'm just glad I live in a fairly liberal area.