PDA

View Full Version : My Wife Wears My Clothes (apologies to Peggy Rudd)

Holly
06-23-2007, 11:17 PM
My wife and I went to a wedding this afternoon. As we were getting ready, she said to me, "Honey, where is your white skirt?" "It's in my closet," I replied. "Do yo mind if I wear it today," she inquired? "Not at all, dear. It's the least I can do!" I've got to admit, I had a bit of vicarous fun seeing MY skirt at the wedding and reception. If only I could have been in it! Has anyone else been out with their SO while they were wearing your clothes?

Kate Simmons
06-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Well Holly, look at it this way. At least you were well "represented" there and that would have flattered me to no end.:happy:

prettywithsideburns
06-23-2007, 11:28 PM
does it count if the friend who gave me my pink belt borrowed it back for a night?

kristinacd1
06-23-2007, 11:34 PM
my wife wore my black leather miniskirt to our christmas party last december..i was honored thhat she asked for it...and it made me feel good to let her borrow it too

Billijo49504
06-23-2007, 11:52 PM
My wife has barrowed a few of my bra and panties sets. But I don"t have a problem with that being done.She shares with me and I share with her...BJ

Chantelle CD
06-23-2007, 11:58 PM
Nope, she is a fair bit bigger than me, she hates my figure :belly:

Mandy_Enjoi_hers
06-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Thats great. i wish my girlfriend could accept my x-dressing. we would have and incredible collection :clap:

susie evans
06-24-2007, 12:07 AM
HOLLY
oh yea i no what you mean my wife borrows my stuff all the time now and says i am glad you have good taste:heehee:

susie

Jannette H
06-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Ladies,
My SO has borrowed a dress and jacket to wear to a wedding.

Sheri 4242
06-24-2007, 03:41 AM
One of my stepdaughters knows I CD. While this was not a happy time, when a relative died, she had to borrow two of my dresses, one of my slips, and a pair of my shoes. (This particular daughter is "clothing challenged" -- and hates to wear anything but jeans and t-shirts -- definitely not a girly girl.) A few times my wife has borrowed some of my shoes and a couple of my blouses.

lee james
06-24-2007, 03:46 AM
My wife wore my french maids dress and petticoats to a Rocky Horror style 50th birthday costume party!When her sister-(who doesnt know)-asked where she got the lovely costume from as she looked at the photos,she replied,"why,In the closet".How right she was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

susanjane
06-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Hi,

We were going on holiday and my wife asked could she borrow a lovely low cut short sleeved top, I was only to willing to do so. She looked good in it and I was so envious that it wasn't me wearing it. Whilst out if any one remarked how nice the top was my wife would look at me, smile and give me a big wink.

She regularly borrows my full slips and waist underskirts.

She is not only the love of my life, my wife but also my best friend.

Love

Susanjane.

Angie G
06-24-2007, 04:33 AM
Not yet but the offer is there if needed :hugs:
Angie

ErikaLeigh
06-24-2007, 04:53 AM
My wife is a 6 amd I am a 24, so no sharing there :sad: but we do share nail polish. :D

Mitch23
06-24-2007, 05:04 AM
that is the highest praise - that she is fully accepting and likes your taste in clothes! What a buzz that must have been for you both! One day for me perhaps ...

Mitch

sara_also
06-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Yes Holly,
We share a lot of bras and tops..But then we also share dinners, housework, yardwork, Ect. Life can be wonderful for those of us that have wonderful partners....

Foxy Lady
06-24-2007, 06:36 AM
My wonderful wife and I have been wearing each others clothes for years. She said once that it was like having a sister.

Raychel
06-24-2007, 07:02 AM
My wife is a size 8 and I am a 16, so there is no exchanging of clothes going on here. But she did once offer to loan one of my dresses to her sister. :heehee:

Jocelyn Quivers
06-24-2007, 10:10 AM
No wife usually stakes a claim to any outift of mine that she likes even though I'm still a size or 2 bigger than her. Jocelyn

KandisTX
06-24-2007, 12:27 PM
We were at a barbecue party yesterday and my wife was wearing my bathing suit and cover skirt :) We share all the time. I told her when we got together "I wear the bras and panties so you don't have to". (she HATES wearing bras. She would prefer to wear her corset or bodice all the time as they offer better support and do not pull down on her shoulders).

Kandis:love:

summermarie
06-24-2007, 02:09 PM
My wife is a 6 amd I am a 24, so no sharing there :sad: but we do share nail polish. :D

My wife and I are also different sizes too so clothing was out of the question BUT she did wear my light blue bracelet to my friend's wedding. It matched her outfit and asked if was OK to wear it and I said sure honey! You should have seen the big grin on her face:D! I :love: my wife! She's the best!

XOXO,
Summer

Natashadolly
06-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Yes me and my girlfriend share except for the shoes of course! But I don't mind at all if she wants to wear something of mine. Like the other day she shows up at work wearing my skirt. I grinned really big about that. It made me happy. It even makes it better when you can go shopping to. At least we have the same taste (always had this lill fantasy of us going out dressed alike)I think its a real good thing for you and your SO to be like that!

Sheri 4242
06-24-2007, 04:05 PM
. . . she did wear my light blue bracelet . . .

Now, jewelry is a different subject. My wife and I share some jewelry. She is a jewelry fanatic -- and it seems what is her's is her's and what is mine is her's, too! :rofl:

Susan Johnson
06-24-2007, 04:13 PM
My wife has sometimes borrowed a bra from me, the other day she borrowed a skirt that we bought for me, then she needed an underskirt, I had one that fitted her. Can't remember if it was hers or mine but it was in my drawer.:heehee:
Susan

Vichi
06-24-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm a gg, and I love sharing clouthing with my cd partner, lucky enough we're both the same clouthing size. It's funny when we want to wear the same thing at the same time, but ofcourse I will let her wear it instead. One time I had to buy the same pair of jeans that look very sexy on both of us, and she really wanted to keep the one for her self. I said fine I'll get my own. jeje. Very much agreed; it is a lot of fun, also we share the make up too!!!!

Holly
06-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies... keep 'em coming! I thought is was really cool to share... kind of like girls did in high school, as I recall. From a very informal read of this thread, it seems that most CDer's are more that happy to share their things with their SO's. I think I've had an influence on her wardrobe as well. In the past, her things consisted of 90% pants and T style tops. I'm starting to see more skirts and dresses filtering into her closet now and the tops are considerably more feminine. Do you think you have influenced (or in the case of GG's, been influenced by) your dressing?

Di
06-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Do you think you have influenced (or in the case of GG's, been influenced by) your dressing?

Cool post Holly............yes I think we both have influenced each other.........I'm trying to be a little more casual..........jean skirts, jeans stuff like that......and we both like to try all the new fashions out and see what works for us:D

Long Tall Sally
06-24-2007, 04:50 PM
The shoe's on the other foot with me, my wife's a 16 and I'm only a 10. All of my stuff is too small for her!! We both have size 10 shoe but mine are too narrow for her.

Sarah Rabbit
06-24-2007, 05:14 PM
My GG borrowed one of my necklaces. Unfortunately, she's now claimed it as her 'Own' :cry:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Sheri 4242
06-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Do you think you have influenced (or in the case of GG's, been influenced by) your dressing?

Well, it is a two-way street. I think she has influenced me more than I have influenced her, mainly on dressing in age-appropriate styles. (I'm not completely there; love my miniskirts too, too much!!!!!!!)

Tree GG
06-24-2007, 05:57 PM
We bought a new suit skirt for "her" that was really cute. So I wore it to work. It is a cute skirt, and comfy. She said she liked the way it looked on me.

We don't share jewelry or tops because Darlene likes silver, I prefer gold and she's bigger in the shoulder/chest than I am. Plus a good 5-6" taller, so length can be an issue.

Influence each other? Of course, but there is a limit. :D

Josephine 1941
06-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Yes Holly my girl friend an I are the same size an she is always wearing my cloths. We even wear the same size shoes, it is a lot of fun . I know what you mean in that you see her in your cloths. The best part for me is when she is complatmented of her chose of cloths, also she nods to me knowing they are mine.

Josephine

Marcie Sexton
06-24-2007, 06:55 PM
My wife and I share too...Between us we have developed quite a wardrobe...

Both very conserative and not so conserative, uhhhhh, more ****ty< excuse my language>, but we still have fun...Coming out and her acceptance was the best thing that could have happened to this girl...

Thank God for my sweetie and her love love:

KimberlyS
06-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Last summer my wife and I came across a place with some nice, and cheap belts. Well she got three for her, and I got two male and one female one. My wife wears my femme one off and on. I finally got to wear it last December. Last halloween my wife and I wore hers and his victorian gowns. My wife has the cleavage to wear it as it should be worn but did not have the bra for it. So she borrowed one of my long line bustier bras. It worked well as the cups were too two sizes too small, but gave her the cleavage she needed for the look. She has also tried on a couple of my tops, but did not like how they looked on her.

Melanie R
06-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Holly,

Fantastic that your wife enjoys wearing your clothes. Actually my wife (Peggy Rudd) wears many of my clothes. There is little we do not share at least until today. For her birthday Peggy's sister, a very wealthy women, asked us to come to her palatial house for a surprise. She decided for Peggy's birthday to give Peggy her Neiman Marcus castoffs - many with the tags still attached. We counted over 75 differemt dresses. pant suits, and fancy gowns. She told her sister she wanted to share some of the clothes with some close friends. Her sister knows about Melanie but refuses to accept. I think she guessed one of those women was Melanie. Since many of the outfits have a smaller waist, Melanie may get left out of this bonanza. Peggy will be donating some of the clothes to several local CD's who do not have the funds for clothing.

Hugs,

Melanie

This is Pride month so be proud of who we are.

Susan.
06-24-2007, 10:51 PM
My wife would hate the idea of exchanging clothes. She is only mildly interested in anything in my closet. She is only interested in quantity. She just would rather the subject never came up. I never touch her clothes and she only touches mine to wash them. Back before I really had anything of my own, you would of thought I had leprosy or something if I even tried her clothes on. In her defense, I might have stretched a couple of items a little.

Holly
06-24-2007, 11:04 PM
OMG! I hope Peggy isn't mad at me for "borrowing" a bit of the title to her wonderful book for the title of this thread :o. Please wish her a very happy birthday for me. (For some of our newer members, Dr. Peggy Rudd is the author of, "My Husband Wears My Clothes" and other books as well dealing with cross dressing and trans-gender issues).

rachel_rachel
06-25-2007, 01:22 AM
We once went out to celebrate my birthday a few years ago and my wife asked to borrow my knee high boots that were hidden under my bed at my parents house... I had to lace them up for her, they looked graet on her too, when we saw her mother the look on the old witches face was priceless.... where'd you get them she nearly screamed!!! The reply was at a garage sale this afternoon, and they cost me $5.

Little did anybody know that they were mine.

Sheri 4242
06-25-2007, 05:06 AM
My wife and I are the same height, so some things can be borrowed -- except I am a smaller size (8 or 10 depending on brand, while she is a 16 heading to 14). Shoes are a problem at times. We seem to wear the same size, but sometimes she says I must have a slightly larger foot b/c she says I have stretched a shoe. I usually wear a larger top (even though my skirt size would be smaller than hers) b/c my shoulders are broader.

Melanie R
06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
OMG! I hope Peggy isn't mad at me for "borrowing" a bit of the title to her wonderful book for the title of this thread :o. Please wish her a very happy birthday for me. (For some of our newer members, Dr. Peggy Rudd is the author of, "My Husband Wears My Clothes" and other books as well dealing with cross dressing and trans-gender issues).

Holly, Peggy said you could borrow with no problem. She is honored.

DonnaT
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
My wife rarely wears a dress, or skirt even. She need to dress up a little one day for work, so she borrowed one of mine once.

She hates the idea of me borrowing anything of hers, however. Even jewelry. Because she had to share with a younger sister when growing up.

That's how I got my fem Brighton watch. I wore it the first time we went out while I was enfemme. So she gave it me. I did buy her a new one.

melissacd
06-25-2007, 04:22 PM
I can only dream of such a wonderful day. How fun that must be :)

Rachel Morley
06-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi Holly, :hugs: I bet HTGirl looked lovely :happy:

Has anyone else been out with their SO while they were wearing your clothes?
I'm guess you already know my situation :D Marla wears my clothes all the time! Fortunately for both of us we wear the same size above the waist, she has more womanly hips so she doesn't wear my skirts. But yeah, when we go out (with me en femme) we often wear each other's stuff.

Do you think you have influenced (or in the case of GG's, been influenced by) your dressing? It's funny, but this is exactly what Marla told me. She said that ever since we integrated my crossdressing into our lives so much and that she has gotten more involved, it's effected her outlook on clothes and fashions and stuff, and how they/it might look on her. She says she's more girly now than she has ever been before in her entire life.:D

Dixie
06-28-2007, 08:14 AM
My wife and I are different sizes, but there are a couple of items that are big on her, and just do fit me that we share. She does ask for my advice when shopping for clothes for herself if I am around.

Tiffy
06-28-2007, 10:01 AM
I know the feeling hun. My wife borrows me clothes all the time. And during the months of April and May this year we had company. My mother in law for a few weeks in cluding mothers day. We took her to the Botanical Gardens. And we dressed her out of my clothes because she had brought no dress clothes with her. And my mom borrowed a slip for that same day. And then when my mother in law left my sister came to stay. And she and I swapped clothes daily while she was here. She is moving back in a few months. I look forward to trading with her.

But it is neat to go out and see someone wearing your clothes:D

Tiffany

Kristen Marie
07-10-2007, 02:17 PM
The closest I came is when she put my underwear in her drawer by mistake. I was looking for my black panties, could not find them and she was wearing them. Not sure she did that on purpose, but it sure was a different experience for me.

Maureen Henley
07-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Holly,

I know this isn't what you had in mind with the title of the thread, but it's closer to the spirit of it. a few years ago, my wife and I went to a Tri_Ess Halloween party as Morticia and gomez Addams. She wore the suit I had worn when we got married back in the dawn of time (1984). Plus, her preferred panties are Joe Boxer Men's low-rise briefs.

SherriePall
07-10-2007, 05:43 PM
So far, some make-up and a belt she took off a skirt I have. She does have her eye on a skirt suit and a long white jacket dress I own. She has tried them both on and is a smidge too tight in them. I am waiting for the day when she can wear either or both of them. I'd love to see her wearing them. Oh, she wanted to wearing a hankerchief hem skirt I have to a wedding, but the skirt is black and she wanted a different color outfit.
And she doesn't approve of my dressing. (Obviously, approves of my choice of clothes -- well, most of them)

Kimberley
07-10-2007, 09:46 PM
She wore white to a wedding? Tsk tsk. Fashion faux pas for sure...

No doubt you were having a bit of a giggle over that one Holly.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Reba Kay
07-10-2007, 10:14 PM
My wife borrows my slips whenever she needs one, she says why buy one when I have so many.She accually got a little tick off when I wouldn't let her use my new black lace panties, I hadn't had a chance to wear them yet. She also borrows any of my skirts when she needs one, because she doesn't own any and says, I wear the skirts in the family and she wears the pants.
Reba Kay