PDA

View Full Version : Saying what my preference is, name wise!!!

Felix
06-24-2007, 03:49 AM
I feel quite good this morning. Last night we went to a friends house for a celebration of the summer solstice. After the celebration we was having some food Yachica nearly said I prefered Felix because I was trans when a friend asked for my name!!!!! That was so cool even though she didn't quite make it. I did talk to a few people though and did say my preference was Felix so we will see what comes. One friend took my mobile no and asked what he should put and I said Felix. One woman who I'd never met said she liked Felix and said she thought it suited me better than my female name. That made me feel quite good. I had a chat with someone who I have talked to before about me and explained hoe I felt sometimes ya know not knowing what camp I fitted into because of peoples perceptions who already know me. He said yeah he could understand that. So I feel I moved forward some what last night and I'm thinking of asking my Pagan friends to call me Felix all the time. What do ya think? I feel quite comfortable with it :happy:

Kate Simmons
06-24-2007, 04:25 AM
Go for it my friend. You are always Felix to me and I've loved that name for you since you started using it.:hugs:

Devon James
06-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes, I think it would be a good idea to let your Pagan-friends call you Felix. Maybe other friends too? It's who you are and who/what you feel comfy with. I think it's a big step forward :D

Sandra
06-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Hun,

If it is what you want to be known as then you should ask them to call you Felix. Expect the odd slip up though but if it carries on and they don't call you Felix, do what Nigella does and give them a gentle reminder. Let them know that you want to be known and addressed as Felix.

Alaceann
06-24-2007, 06:07 AM
Felix is a good name and it suits you very well. It's good that you had a good evening I'm glad for you.:hugs:

Felix
06-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Thanx my friends :hugs: Yeah I am going to do it I have reached that point and I feel extremely comfortable with these friends they seem very accepting of me so I think this is the place to start :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: BB xx Felix

Dasein9
06-24-2007, 08:14 AM
I think it's a good idea. It's an old Pagan belief that names have power, and to be called by the right name really is a kind of power. And being called by the wrong name is a kind of power that gets used against us. Good for you, dude!

Felix
06-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanx Das :hugs:

Well I've done it, I've PM all my pagan friends and asked them to call me Felix. I also said Don't worry if ya find it hard or slip up cos it's ok, it's all part of my journey and to be expected xx Felix :hugs:

Dasein9
06-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Felix the Brave! *strumpet blast!*

I'm sure Pocs wouldn't mind your having one of his strumpet blasts! :D

Felix
06-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanx Das!!!
One of the oldest members has mailed me and said it works out well cos he could never remember my other name anyways so no problem xx Felix :hugs:

bi_weird
06-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Hehe dude excellent! That's gotta feel great!

Kate Simmons
06-24-2007, 09:29 AM
While the name I use here is really just my title (from a former life), names do indeed have power as Das said. Your name carries a lot of power Felix and you temper that with your love, compassion and understanding. It's who you are and I, for one, am proud to know you my friend.:hugs::happy:

mistunderstood
06-24-2007, 11:13 AM
My group of pagan friends already do. That is super that your friends are willing to do this for you.

Felix
06-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanx Bi :hugs:

Hi Misunderstood Hun and thanx so much :hugs:

Hi Sal and back at ya Hun :hugs: BB xx Felix :hugs:

Adam
06-24-2007, 01:41 PM
yay cool felix is a good name though :D hope all your freinds start useing it soon i no there will be slip ups first few months but hopefully they will try there best well done on telling them :hugs:

Felix
06-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanx Adam Hun :hugs:

Yeah ya right there will be slips but I don't mind I've taken it on board so far with the few people who I told previous to this. I won't force people but I will be more confident now to say Felix if I feel the need.

I have had a positive response from all my pagan friends so that's great news xx Felix :hugs:

lostinspace
06-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Awesome Felix. That frikken rocks.

Felix
06-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanx Hun :hugs: xx Felix

Di
06-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Sounds like awesome group of friends:hugs: and your name means "happy and fortunate". perfect.

Felix
06-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanx Di :hugs: xx Felix

Felix
06-26-2007, 05:16 AM
I told a very close friend this morn about asking my pagan friends to call me felix now. She was very happy for me and said she would do the same from now on :happy: xx Felix

Felix
06-27-2007, 12:06 PM
I told another close friend over the weekend and she discretely called me Felix in work today. I was very touched xx Felix :hugs: