PDA

View Full Version : Lots of body hair

angelfire
06-24-2007, 12:53 PM
So, last night I went to a get together at my friend's place, and he has a hot tub. So there are 2 other guys, and a girl there. Both the guy's chests were bare, they shave their chests. I haven't gotten around to trying that yet, so I'm pretty damned hairy right now. ANYWAY.

My friend turns to me at one point, and says "Dude, when are we gunna wax that shit?" and girl says "Hell, I'll do it." It was 11:30pm and we had all been drinking, so obviously it wasn't going to happen then and there. The girl then said "I think brazlians on guys is hot." and my friend replied "I don't like them cause it makes me look like a 12 year old boy."

So, my male friend shaves his back, chest and upper arms, trims his armpits, and is considering shaving his legs.

So anyway, I will likely let them wax my upper body. Hell, I may be able to get them to pay for the wax too! :D

Country girl
06-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Just so you know, shaving is one thing, waxing is VERY painful. If you do decide to wax instead of shave, I wouldn't let someone you don't know do it. Go to a professional. Paying the cost is worth it. It will still be painful but far less so and you know it will be done right. I know very few men though who can handle that kind of pain, that's why most CDer's opt for shaving instead. No pain and extremely cheap. Just the cost of a few good razors and some soap will do the job for you.

angelfire
06-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I have considered the pain, and I think the only issue I'd have with my upper body would be my chest. I can imagine how painful that would be, but it isn't long term pain, so I think I could suck it up for little bit.

The reason I don't like the idea of shaving is the frequency, and stubble. I don't want to have to deal with stubble on my chest, and eventually having to shave every day or every few days. With waxing, it is like once a month.

Besides, if I anticipate the pain is going to be bad, I could always have a few drinks before. :p

Vash
06-24-2007, 10:49 PM
Waxing is a breeze it it is done correctly. Find a good Vietnamese woman!

Absolutely! I get a full body wax <eyebrows to toes>including Brazilian about every month and a half. It really is not THAT painful. The chest is probably the most painful, and really, it's not so bad. You definitely want to have it done by a professional.

Stephenie S
06-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Waxing seems to be a good way to go here, and I understand that your hair MAY get finer and thinner the more you wax. The down side (other than the expense) is that you have to let the hair grow out before you can get a wax job. There has to be something for the wax to grab on to or you can't do it. So if you are worried about stubble, think about the stubble you will have to let grow before every wax job.

Stephie

angelfire
06-25-2007, 12:02 AM
When I say stubble, I'm more worried about having my chest hair look like my facial hair, in that it will grow in thicker.

The expense thing for a professional is way out of my budget right now since I am currently unemployed. I did see these easy strip things by nair where you just place it and pull. Any idea if those would work?

Deborah_UK
06-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Just so you know, shaving is one thing, waxing is VERY painful.

The first couple of times maybe, been having my chest and back done for 8+ years now and I equate it with ripping a sticking plaster off quickly now, it smarts for a brief moment, but thats it, and there are areas on my chest now where the hair has stopped growing.

The last session did hurt a bit because I'd let it grow too long - was waiting until nearer my holiday.

So I'd say go for it Angelfire - but like the others say, get it done professionally.

prettywithsideburns
06-25-2007, 02:06 AM
I have considered the pain, and I think the only issue I'd have with my upper body would be my chest. I can imagine how painful that would be, but it isn't long term pain, so I think I could suck it up for little bit.

you know the chest waxing scene in The 40 Year Old Virgin? well that wasn't special effects, that was real hair, real waxing, real pain and real blood. if your chest hair is that dense expect similar results.

but I think I could handle waxing my body hair, cause it's not nearly that heavy.

Sheri 4242
06-25-2007, 04:54 AM
I haven't found waxing to be something I couldn't handle. Seems it hurts more at certain times and less at others. Now, eyebrow plucking is something that I hate! Before my wife and I did our wedding in Vegas a few weeks ago (where I was the bride), we went to a spa. As part of my facial, I asked for my eyebrows to be waxed where necessary, and plucked where necessary. The needed waxing was mainly underneath my eyebrows, so the skin is sensitive there. It hurt. But, I found the plucking more painful -- but nothing I couldn't live through.

Been thinking about electrolysis (sp?) or laser as I am so'ooooo tired of shaving -- my aunt had her legs done so she wouldn't have to shave any more.

Anybody know the cost of either process??? And how long it takes???

ALSO, can they do your face??? I absolutely DESPISE having to shave my face -- always have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yms
06-25-2007, 05:02 AM
When I was looking a year or so ago, I was quoted about $2400 for my face. It turned out that my regular MD was doing laser treatments and charged me $1500.

The whole process, with touch-ups, will take over a year but you'll see quick results after two or three sessions. The sessions should be about six weeks apart.

Go for it if you can.

Yvonne

loveaCD GG
06-25-2007, 06:13 AM
My boyfriend waxes his legs and arms and he says its not so bad after the first couple times.

shannonsilk
06-25-2007, 09:48 AM
i did buy some slly hansen cold wax strips. they were not effective for me. if you have thick and dense hair you will need a lot of strips and maybe still not get anywhere near what you want. i think it unlikely that you can go a month and a half in between. those black hairs start shwing much more quickly. good luck.

DonnaT
06-25-2007, 02:53 PM
See the story at Globe Life (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070621.wxlwax21/BNStory/lifeMain)

If you wax, trim (shorten) the hair first.

angelfire
06-25-2007, 04:44 PM
So I read the story, and everything has downsides, as we had already established.

Creams smell and can cause chemical burns if left a little too long, and in very awkward places. Razors can cut places that shouldn't have blades near it anyway. Waxing hurts (and can be expensive professionally). Lazer is ridiculously expensive.

Right now I am opting toward trimming followed by waxing (to minimize pain). Question is, how long does the hair need to be?

KandisTX
06-25-2007, 06:34 PM
I shave from the mustache down. There is a secret to getting a close shave. FIRST, you MUST trim the hair to a more managable length. Then, fill the bathtub with a nice warm bath and add a little baby oil or some perfumed bath beads. Get in there and soak for a little bit. After you have soaked, your skin will be softer and using a good shave gel (usually one of the "women's brands" works best for me), and a fresh blade (I use a VENUS), taking long strokes (less chance of cutting yourself than if you do short strokes), now you may have to use a couple of blades since they will get clogged up if it is your first time shaving. However, once you are done, pull the plug, drain the tub, rinse off with the shower using hot water, BEFORE YOU DRY OFFcoat your skin in baby oil BEFORE YOU DRY OFF then towel dry using a patting motion.. DO NOT RUB. You can then use a lotion on the freshly shaved areas, but if you used the baby oil before drying off, your skin should be soft and moisturized quite nicely.

Now, this step is the MOST IMPORTANT STEP OF ALL RINSE THE TUB OUT before your SO gets mad at you for leaving all that shaved hair in the tub like in the sink after you shave your face ;) ~giggles~

I have gotten to the point where I can shave everything to soft, sexy smoothness in about a twenty minute period.

Kandis:love:

DonnaT
06-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Right now I am opting toward trimming followed by waxing (to minimize pain). Question is, how long does the hair need to be?

A 1/4 to 1/2 inch in length, no more.

Country girl
06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Sorry I didn't respond right back. I get my legs waxed and in response to your questions 1. I've never shaved my legs so my hair is very fine and I have very little hair on my legs. 2. The cost is 35.00 for a half leg, or from the knee down, 50.00 for the whole leg. [that does include both legs] I live in an area of Texas where the cost of living is minimal though so I would imagine that somewhere like California you would probably pay double that. 3. Being a GG I obviously don't have to worry about chest hair but I had responded that waxing is very painful because I remember when I was younger and first started getting it done. I know how my legs felt and since the chest is a much more sensitive area, I can just imagine how painful it must be. Whatever you decide to do, good luck. The hair will definately start to get thiner and grow back slower the more you have it waxed. I am 48 and I've been waxing my legs since I was 18 and I only get them waxed 4 times a year now. My hair is so fine and sparse you can barely see it. It has completely quit growing on the back of my legs and only grows in a few small patches on the front. :hugs:CG GG

Phoebe Reece
06-25-2007, 08:08 PM
For those of you considering waxing, you might want to read this old thread:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28185
It will give you something to laugh about, if nothing else. Every time I read it I fall out of my chair laughing.

angelfire
06-25-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't think it could have gotten much worse than that.