PDA

View Full Version : Feminzation Guides

Brooke A
06-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Hello ladies,
I was wondering if any of you had bought any of the feminzation guides?
I have seen two different ones for sale through advertisement on this sight
& have been wondering if they are worth the money? They seem to promise the moon & stars which makes me skeptical right off the bat, but, maybe they
are all that. I just don't want to waste my money & time on junk. Has anyone bought any of these before, & if so how were they?
Thanks so much, BrookeA

Karren H
06-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I have no clue what your talking about for one thing..... like a book or a dvd? Rules?

Karren

prettywithsideburns
06-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I have no clue what your talking about for one thing..... like a book or a dvd? Rules?

Karren

greetings, sister user of Firefox with the Adblock/Adblockplus extension!

I too was wondering what exactly she was driving at with the whole "two different ones for sale through advertisement on this sight", and then I realized "oh yeah, I use firefox with adblock/adblockplus, so I don't have to be subjected to advertisements!" I then clicked the apb button to show what was being blocked and confirmed that there are in fact ads here after all.

it's good to be a tech savvy gurl!

Stephenie S
06-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Compared to what you can learn on your own by observing and practicing, these guides are pretty worthless. GGs learn through years of practice as they are growing up. You don't have that advantage, but it's still the only real way to do this. Watch women, think about what you see, practice what you see, be willing to make rediculous mistakes, and you will come out all right in the end.

For mannerisms and comportment, you will have to learn to swish a little. This will be hard to do at first as it goes against EVERYTHING you learned about how to be a guy as you were growing up, but unless you do, you will always be just a guy in a dress.

As for clothes, you will have to decide on a "look", and then shop for those clothes. SA in stores that sell the style of clothing you want to wear are going to be a BIG help here as far as advising you what "works" with your body type and the style (or look) you have chosen.

Makeup you can learn from makeup counters in big dept stores or dedicated makeup stores like MAC, or Merle Norman. I learned a LOT from my Mary Kay rep who spent literally hours demonstrating things with me in the beginning. Still. as far as makeup goes, NOTHING beats practice, practice, and then more practice.

Hair can be easy if you are willing to buy and wear a wig. The more money you spend, the better your wig will look. Nothing beats the advice you will get from a professional at a good wig salon. Many of us find bargains on Ebay, but many of us buy many wigs. Your own hair will be more believable, but many of us don't have that option any more. If you can grow your own, you will love it. Having a style and cut at a salon is a great experience.

Voice is perhaps the biggest hurdle and one that many of us just figure is too difficult to deal with and so we just ignore it. You will hear many of us say, "Well, I pass untill I open my mouth". Just softening your voice a bit helps tremendously. Also listen to not only WHAT women say, but HOW they say it. Men and women have different vocabularies. Again, you have to watch, listen, and learn.

Perhaps the most important thing to learn is to SMILE. GGs smile at each other, they smile at men, and they smile at service people. Practice your smile in front of the mirror untill you are satisfied. If you want a good example, take a look at Karren Hutton's photos. That smile of hers goes a LONG way to make her "look" believable.

You don't need an expensive lesson plan to do any of what I have detailed above. CDing is expensive enough without spending money on unecessary things.

Hope this helps, hon.

Stephenie

Kate Simmons
06-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Stephanie has it right. There is absolutely no substitute for hard experience. That's the way many of us "old timers" learned and no "book learnin'" teaches you that. I've developed my own look over the years, mostly through trial and error but you know what? It's all mine(for better or worse). I have my own style and my own way of doing things, so no sense in me re-inventing the wheel now. One thing for sure, no one is going to copy me :heehee:. Just do it Hon, you will have fun in the process.:happy:

Chantelle CD
06-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Believe in what you feel is real, watch and relate to, it will all come together

Sheri 4242
06-25-2007, 04:59 AM
They seem to promise the moon & stars which makes me skeptical right off the bat, but, maybe they are all that. I just don't want to waste my money & time on junk. Has anyone bought any of these before, & if so how were they?

Brooke, I bought one years ago and it was a waste of money (and a waste of time reading it).

Like others have said, observation and practice, practice, practice!!!!!!!