PDA

View Full Version : How many go out dressed

Ashley in Virginia
03-08-2005, 12:31 PM
As ya'll know I am new around here but i have been dressing for a while. I feel like I am getting closer and closer to going out into the world.

Out of curiosity, how many of ya'll regularly go out dressed? and how many of ya'll never desire to. I am just on the fence and kinda feel the need for a push either way :)

Thanks

SexyStephanie
03-08-2005, 12:40 PM
I would love to some day under the right circumstances.

Stephie

BonnieJG
03-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Hello I'm new also all i've gone out ware a bra and pantie out under my reg clothes I have been dress for 5 years around the house and some times I but on a bra and top to go driving out of town

[

celeste26
03-08-2005, 01:09 PM
While I have been mostly a closet dresser I have made it out into the real world for special occasions like mardi gras and halloween but not regularly. I mostly stay inside.

Linda-x
03-08-2005, 01:15 PM
I try and go out dressed once, or twice a week. Sometimes less, though. Lately I've been going to club(TV friendly), almost every Thurs night. I want to push the envelope somewhat, and go to a few stores, like payless shoes, ect.

Janelle Marshall
03-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Hi, I am new here but have a recent "going out " experience, my first. Last Saturday I was planning to go to my office to work on taxes(yuck!). My wife was out of town so I decided to dress for the morning. I left the house en drab and changed at the office which is deserted on Saturdays. I chose a liquid filled bra with forms, open bottom girdle and stockings, panties, green jersey tunic top and matching ankle length skirt with 3" heel boots, wig and makeup. I know I was overdressed for a Sat. but what the heck, I was going for the office professional look. I soon got tired of working on my taxes and was so comfortable I decided to call a consignment shop I knew was friendly to see if I could come by. I am 6' tall and 225# so I don't even begin to think I pass. Unfortunately that store seems to have closed so I called the wig shop, Don-Murnane Wigs, in the NE Minneapolis area, that I had gotten my wig from years ago(en drab), to see if they would be ok with me coming in. The sales lady politely told me to come on in as it was a slow day. A half hour later I was in a little room with Pattie, trying on all kinds of different styles, lengths and colors. I was so comfortable and so was Pattie that we shared some great laughs when the wig I was trying on was REALLY bad! One wig stood out, especially to me when Pattie put it on me and said immediatly," Oh that is cute. It makes you look younger". I am not used to being called cute! After trying on a bunch more I decided she was right, that was the best. We were talking about passing and Pattie held up a coverup to my neck and said, Well, you certainly pass from here up." As I was paying at the counter Pattie and the other sales lady were talking saying this like," Did you see the color she was wearing when she came in? She looks nice in this color(lighter and shorter). It may have just been sales talk but it sure made my day. I left the shop and didn't want it to end so I went to another consignment shop I know of. The owner knows me as a guy so I was taking a risk here. I determined she wasn't working on Sat. so I went in and tried on some real nice clothes. I decided on a nice silk blouse and a pair of black slacks. The sales clerk was a high school girl. She eventually looked me in the eyes and smiled as she said goodbye. Sorry for the long post but I had to tell someone about my great Saturday adventure! Thanks for sharing it with me.

Priscilla1018
03-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi Jannelle,

Sounds like you had a great time.Thanks for sharing.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Richelle
03-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Ashley,

I go out whenever I am in the mood and my wife (who is not supportive) is not around.

I enjoy going out shopping and trying on new outfits at the many different malls in Ornage County. I have never had any real problems with other shoppers or with the sales clerks, even when the "read" me as a CDer.

Richelle

Maddie Knight
Yes I go out dressed, Its a great feeling knowing people see you as female. You just have to be careful as to where and when.
By the way I love your aviator. :)

DonnaT
Ashley,

I've been out once in Dec. Would love to go out more often, but my wife has put some limitations on that :(

I've been in contact with another Tgirl from Roanoke VA who has invited me to a Fashion Show put on by a Tri-Ess group in Williamsburg VA. Hopefully I can get to that. There will be an outing to a restraunt afterwards.

Janelle, loved your story!

Paula A
03-08-2005, 03:58 PM
I have never been out dressed other than the normal under stuff I wear everyday. I think it would be fun and have a small desire to do so but..... like you have reservations, I don't think I would pass very well. Additionally, My wife would not approve, she said she is not ready for that yet. Good luck in whatever you decide.

windycissy
03-08-2005, 04:32 PM
It's my favorite thing to do. Fortunately in a big city like Chicago it is easy to blend into the crowd, and I love to go shopping on Michgan Avenue. When I travel, and I know I'll have the time and opportunity, I pack for two and love to explore new places en femme. You have to be sensible, of course...no dark alleys at night, and dress appropriately for where you're going, but once I realized that I could pass, I was hooked. Windy

Julie York
03-08-2005, 04:40 PM
I get the impression most people who enjoy dressing don't go out dressed and either have no desire to or are scared to. So go with your oen feelings of reserve or adventure. It is easy to think that everyone who dresses wants to go down town and dance the night away but that isn't true.

Laura Jane
03-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I've yet to go anywhere very public, or at least with many people around, but since having full oufits I've been out for a few midnight walks and a few daytime juants in the woods behind where I live.

I just love the feeling of walking in the cold air with a skirt and tights on.

Will be much hard to do when summer comes!

Virginia
03-08-2005, 05:04 PM
For Virginia, going out initially was a challenge to see if I could pass now it is just a Nike commercial -- "Just Do It!" I go out to movies and to eat and it is fun!! Fortunately Virginia holds my male side in reserve as a defense, just in case, but never had a problem. I have been referred to as "honey!" buy a dare I say, cute policeman. I have been called a "****" by some sicko broad as I leaving a movie. I was "read " once by a girl and her date, he told his date, "OH, yeah, if thats a guy, I'd do HER!" Bet he had trouble explaining that comment to his girlfriend! :) All I can say is if you choose to go out in public, you are committing to be "our ambassador"; you are presenting as a woman, act like one! smile and have fun!
Virginia
PS Hi Donna!!! still have not heard anything about Wm'sburg!

DonnaT
03-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I forgot you were here as well, Virginia :D

Patricia Loren
03-08-2005, 06:36 PM
I did my first walk outside 2 years ago, in Paris, by midnight in a very quiet street, and I was quite frightened to do so......
Today I've spend the evening in an exhibition dedicated to "out of standards" women, in the 9th district city hall of Paris, chating with people and rubbing shoulders with politicians. There were 7 Tgirls as me in this exhibition.
If someone had told me during my first go out what I will do 2 years later I would have think it absolutely unbelievable.
The more we will go out, the more we will be accepted by other people

DanaJ
03-08-2005, 07:46 PM
I have never really gone out dressed before, although a few here are always urging me to do it. I did drive home once from a makeover still dressed though ;)

Virginia, you simply HAVE to post some pix girl! Since you say you can pass en femme, I just find it so inspiring to see pix of girls who are passable, it gives us all hope :)

DanaJ

Amelie
03-08-2005, 08:00 PM
I go out only at night.
Amelie

Dominique Melt
03-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I've never gone out in the day. I had a couple friends when I lived in Mexico City for whom I would dress up and we'd party. One of these guys was my sensei, a half-Jewish half-Chinese guy with a very dodgy history. He loved it when I asked him if he'd like to party with Dominique, and he was the first person I ever fully dressed in front of. He was extremely cool and supportive. I've not seen or heard from him since 1998.
Back on topic. I went to a few Halloween parties en femme, but I am dying to go out now to some of NYC alternative clubs.

Jamie Renae
03-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I am usually out every Friday, since I dont work on that day. I just love to be out shoppping or having lunch with my GG girlfriends, chatting about all kinds of things. I have found thatmost people are very accepting.
Jamie Renae

Fallen Angel
03-08-2005, 10:57 PM
i go out as much as possible day or night

JenniferPaul
03-09-2005, 12:40 AM
I go out whenever I can. I take transist, shop, eat at restaurants, and join cd friends on some evenings each month. I have been doing this for some years, and I am comfortable being en femme in public. I find that as long as your are dressed reasonable, act natural and in the feminine role people for the most part respond to you as you present yourself. I prefer going out daytime as there is more things to do and less encounters with people under the influence and nothing better to do than hassle people. However, as I said for the most part when I go out dressed its just a normal day except that I am dressed en femme.

LindaTS
03-09-2005, 08:21 AM
I go out quite often and it always has to be during the day when my wife it gone. She knows all about my dressing but she has no idea that I go shopping. I usually hit Wal-Mart, K-mart and the malls. It's quite exciting, even when I'm read. And I've never had any serious problems.